Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 07:54   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: If you had to leave your current city / town, where in India would you move & why?

I love Mumbai. Everything one could think of is easily accessible at any time of the day - emergency services, hotels, malls, etc. There are almost no power or water cuts and safety wise, the city sits right on top of the list of metros. It's also got the sea (which I am very attached to) right next to it. In short, Mumbai is HOME!

Now, over the years, I have travelled the entire country and haven't had a problem fitting in anywhere - north or south, east or west. I am pretty much a man on the ground and adaptable. I can manage even in a rural scenario. So, if I have to move out of Mumbai, I could go anywhere.

That said, three states are really very close to my heart. I keep visiting them for peace of mind and fresh air.

1. Goa - My family is from there. So there is a lot of attachment. It's got a great coastline and isn't too far from Mumbai. However, it is getting rather crowded now.

2. Himachal Pradesh - In fact, I am in Himachal at the moment. Up in the mountains, away from the touristy places, it's all peaceful. We have the power and mobile network sorted here. No pollution of any sort and wonderful sights everywhere. Lots of natural beauty and everything is nice and clean. Bliss! Solan and even Chandigarh are not far. So hospitals, etc. are accessible.

3. Uttarakhand - Pretty much like Himachal Pradesh with a lot of mountains and natural beauty. Very peaceful and has also got good schools.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 23:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: If you had to leave your current city / town, where in India would you move & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
It would be Coimbatore for me.

I studied there, weather is comparatively pleasant. Good Healthcare facilities. If you are bored you can immediately access the hills.

Plus it is home to lot of retirement communities. I have been telling my wife, any future property investment is to buy house in a good community in Coimbatore.
+1.

I have my roots in Coimbatore, did my schooling in Ooty and subsequently completed my under-graduation from Coimbatore. Although my parents still live there, I have been in Bangalore for the last 18 years now.

If i have to go back, it would be surely to Coimbatore. It’s easily one of the most liveable cities down south, is not too busy like Chennai, and in general folks are courteous. Plus, if you are in Coimbatore, the nilgiris, Western ghats destinations like Topslip, Valparai are all just couple of hours away.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 00:29   #93
BHPian

I would move to Oddanchatram. It’s quiet, clean air, foothiils of Kodai, Madurai airport nearby, mission hospitals nearby, good food, and peaceful.

Lots of day trips or 2 day trips possible with good roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks