Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 09:28   #2566
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Are you saying Bangalore isn't growing and IT companies are not investing in Bangalore? Or are you implying the real estate sector is saturated? Plz clarify
I'm saying Hyderabad has more scope for growth w.r.t companies investing in it as compared to Bangalore, which has almost reached its potential.
Old 11th June 2022, 09:35   #2567
Senior - BHPian

Kindly share data supporting your claim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
I'm saying Hyderabad has more scope for growth w.r.t companies investing in it as compared to Bangalore, which has almost reached its potential.
Old 11th June 2022, 10:33   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly share data supporting your claim
Bangalore's growing problems with congestion and infrastructure are well known.

Hyderabad has seen a huge surge in tech space absorption. While Bangalore still remains the biggest absorber of tech space, Hyderabad is fast catching up.

There are quite a few articles that talk about what Hyderabad has to offer over Bangalore for companies to invest in.

Add to this the excellent Metro connectivity, the much wider roads, and a very supportive state government, Hyderabad has a considerable advantage over Bangalore.

All these have resulted in the following large conglomerates choosing Hyderabad over Bangalore to open their largest offices outside the US.

Google is opening its second largest office location outside of the US in Hyderabad.

Microsoft India to make Hyderabad its largest datacentre region

Amazon opens its largest office building globally in Hyderabad

Qualcomm to open its 2nd largest office outside US in Hyderabad by October

Micron Tech to set up largest facility in India in Hyderabad.

Facebook to open first Asia office in India

Hyderabad to house ZF's largest global tech hub
SgtRepeat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 10:59   #2569
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. My firm is considering setting up an 'India center' and I'll be visiting Hyderabad this week. Will be my first visit
Quote:
Hyderabad has seen a huge surge in tech space absorption. While Bangalore still remains the biggest absorber of tech space
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:04   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Property experts,

Have a query. I have sold a property recently and the buyer has paid the TDS and shared the receipt. I would be getting the form 16B with regards to the TDS.
1. How would I use this Form 16B when filing IT returns? Should I file the property sale returns in FY 2022-23 or in FY 2023-24 since the transaction happened in May 2022.
2. I had purchased a property in Dec 2021, can I offset the capital gains (LTCG) on the property sold recently against the property purchase 6 months before?

Hope the query is revelant to this thread, if not request to help identify the correct thread where the above queries can be answered.
Old 11th June 2022, 11:42   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Hyderabad has been having a steady season of good governance and development for nearly two decades while Bangalore has zero or negative support from government (mainly due to three political parties in the equation and high cost of winning elections and staying in power).

However Bangalore has no match (Hyd, NCR, Chennai, Pune, etc.) because BLR pretty much enjoys the status of being the unofficial capital for vast parts of KA, AP, TN and KL. The availability of highly skilled employees and the willingness of those people to make BLR as their home is the main USP of Bangalore which even the dysfunctional government is unable to damage.

Apart from IT and BT, BLR is also in pretty good shape in manufacturing and services. Mumbai, Chennai and BLR take up the top three spots in this region with hardly any competition from other cities.

Just look at the international air connectivity (BLR vs HYD):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kempeg...port#Passenger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_...port#Passenger

All the news about Google, MS, Amazon taking up huge facilities in Hyd are true but they are mostly for low end work. There are a lot of small and medium size IT companies in Bangalore that don't make the news but contribute a lot in terms of employment opportunities.

Having said all this, apartments have ceased being good investment opportunities long back across all cities. I wouldn't be surprised if the real world returns are negative. One should not buy an apartment unless it is for self-use.

Real estate as an investment is good if you can buy land or plots in undeveloped areas and can hold it for 10s of years. Such assets can only be purchased cash down in India and carry a lot of title related risks, not an option for many salaried folks.

Waiting for property prices to come down is an extremely disappointing exercise in India. A huge portion of real estate is backed by black money. A small portion is sold to salaried class on EMIs - and these buyers are also not very aggressively leveraged and they can withstand some shocks even if it is financially unwise because there is a lot of prestige/emotion associated with a home. One can't blindly apply the rules of western economy to Indian real estate.

All cities offer similar RoI prospects. It is more important to pick the right location than the right city.
androdev is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 13:00   #2572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. My firm is considering setting up an 'India center' and I'll be visiting Hyderabad this week. Will be my first visit
Don’t, the weather is horrid and the traffic is rubbish and there is a huge dearth of places to ride to over the weekends
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 19:31   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Basic advice would be to obviously invest only in ready or almost ready properties. I have seen IT and offshore process companies moving to Thane / Airoli now. Not sure what the outlook for Goregaon is but don't base your decision on just current scenario there.
Is this an observation for a set of companies or a trend that you have noticed backed by some report / data?

Asking this because I am curious to know a bit more about this. From what I understand, there isn't much difference in rent for any office in Andheri (E) and Goregaon area v/s that in Thane / Airoli. Baring the size of the unit, I don't see any motivation for companies to shift. If a company is downsizing the unit due to WFH / Hybrid seating model, I can understand shifting to Thane for smaller units. Airoli is very similar to Malad / Goregaon except for lower rent but that too is not a big difference from the numbers that I aware of. So I don't see an economic motivation to shift to Thane / Airoli for now.

And western side of Mumbai, being more densely populated, has more talent/labour supply when compared to eastern Mumbai.
Old 13th June 2022, 11:32   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
...The most famous in India is Hyderabad. Many famous properties in OMR Chennai are struggling as well...
That's news to me. A few friends have been looking to buy a house in Hyderabad for quite sometime now. They hesitated in 2020 owing to the glum corona future, but started looking again now. The prices in top builders (like Aparna etc.) which were around 6k psft in 2019 and are now touching ~9k-10k easily. Like I said, top builders only increase their prices.

The big builders in Chennai are also only increasing their prices; eg. Sobha properties.

Quote:
...Real estate prices may remain stagnant for a few months at best, but will not go down in Hyderabad.
Yup that's what friends said.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:07   #2575
BHPian

TeamBHP

Hello,

I wanted to discuss about a rather undiscussed topic with regards to Light Pollution in Indian Cities, and the very dilemma that I am facing due to it. (Mods, I apologise if this isn’t the right thread and I would appreciate your guidance to post on the correct thread if deemed viable).

I thought about posting this on Indian subreddit, but I thought that TeamBHP has a rather diverse and well collected individuals that may perhaps offer a significant guidance, opinions and solutions from people who may have had to deal with this very issue to folks who’ve sat on society committee and know the inner workings to simply just experts in the field.

[Background]
I have recently purchased, and have moved into my new flat in SoBo of Mumbai.
The flat is on 75th floor, overlooking most of the SoBo area with Racecourse as the primary view but with a collection of Towers mostly by the same Lodha Group builder in the neighbourhood.

With the collection of 4 Towers at Lodha Park including Trump Tower, at 78 Floors each. The only other towers that match or exceed the height are in front of us, of 3 Lodha World Towers, of which Towers namely World One and World View seem to be even taller or at par and Tower World Crest being 60 floors is the shortest and the centre of trouble for me.

[Insident]
As Mumbai is - The City that could perhaps one day match Manhattan in New York in terms of Sky Scrappers that are being built.
We’re all familiar with the Terrace Blinking Lights which are found on these skyscrapers which may be a regulatory norm for aviation safety.
However there doesn’t seem to be any kind of regulation for the Light Pollution emitting from these set of lights that artificially brighten the night sky more so than what should be necessary.

The building World Crest on the instance, every since our possession in August ’21 and subsequent move in Dec ’21, we were aware of the Regular Terrace Lights blinking away in the night as little stars, however they never were a nuisance as light emitted through these was never bright enough to reach inside our flat. In fact we got a little bit more of the light from the LODHA sign which gets lit at Night but again it was deemed acceptable as a mere night light or akin to a moon light. To the extent that we didn’t even have curtains until Feb ’22, and still never had a problem.

However, all that seems to have changed during April-end when out of nowhere the Regular Terrace Blinking lights shifted into a High Powered mode, something that was clearly at least 5 times brighter and during the night, the light penetrated into our flight inspite of pulling in curtains. Now, this was highly unusual and these lights were possibly the brightest thing in entirety of SoBo, and started to affect my sleep.

Imagine if you will, the power and intensity of these not one but three lights being on high powered mode, that not only do they reach from 60 floor building towards 75th floor of my building which may easily be at least 200ft away. The lights that easily pass through curtains, and light up the upper wall and ceiling portion of my flat in 2 of my south facing bedrooms including master bedroom which has 12ft wide window, but sparing the 1 other bedroom which faces the north, however the worst is in my living room which has the largest 15ft wide window and is nearest in distance towards this World Crest tower still on our right.

The lights have me and my wife sleep deprived, who is in fact 7 months pregnant. As brightness intensity of lights is akin to a lighting strike every 2 seconds.
We’ve ever since started to use sleeping masks just to cover our eyelids, lest if we want our pupils dilating every other second.

The Lights more often are on Regular Blinking Mode which is fairly non intrusive, however their switch to High Power is completely random at night.
They were on Reg for last 4-5 days and y’day they roared back up. Even the timings are random from starting at 7-8pm and then 10-2am with varying clicks with the most annoying continuous high power mode running for nearly an hour between 11-12:30am.

[Action]
I’ve tried to request Lodha at first from my own society at Lodha Park’s manager to seek out Lodha World Towers manager to report problem and find a solution, only to have heard that as their society has been handed over, it isn’t their responsibility but the societies.

Thereafter, after repeated requested to their manager John, the only overtly tone deaf response that I received is that these are aviation lights and they have not tampered with the settings. However, they refuse to answer or respond to my questioning on why sudden change after months that light seemingly went into this High Powered mode, and why they can’t call in experts to only keep in the Regular Blinking Lights instead of overly Powerful High Powered Mode.

Seemingly not a single society committee member has shown interest in checking on our problem, or they haven’t been informed themselves as I’m solely given contact of the Manager, John. But then again, they seem to be soundly asleep while the lights on their terrace berates every other tower in fact the lights when on high powered mode hit their own neighbouring towers the hardest, albeit those two towers seem to be unoccupied hence no consequence to their actions.

[Advice]
I apologise if this seems like a ramble, I haven’t had a good nights rest as just last night those excessive lights kept me up.
I humbly request TeamBHP members if they know of a potential solution or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As someone who hasn’t filed a police complaint in my life, I was hesitant at first to approach but it seems that I may no longer have any other option. And have to prepare for a legal battle, if there even is a law on light pollution in India. Which sadly does not seem to be the case.

Light Pollution Law in UK - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/artifici...ith-complaints

Light Pollution Incidents in Mumbai -
1. https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumba...4CXPXJKbO.html
2. https://www.mid-day.com/mumbai/mumba...78?button=next
3. https://www.freepressjournal.in/cmcm...-at-juhu-beach
4. https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumba...6IwLBXUrN.html

I am adding a few photos and links to videos that I have taken from my flat to showcase the problem.

I appreciate any feedback, advice or even help if that is possible. Anyone from legal think I have a case?

In the meantime, I do understand that I would have to add blackout curtains in addition just to calm my nerves and get a peaceful sleep not just for me but as I have a newborn to look after soon and I’m terribly worried on how it would affect the babies delicate eyes.

I just feel that it I’m wronged, that I have to close and hide while the owners of even more exclusive residence are free to do whatever they desire without repercussions.

YouTube Video Playlist -
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ltVTRTNBJfA96a

Thank you for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
The Property / Real Estate Thread-1-low.png  

The Property / Real Estate Thread-1-high.png  

Lord-Lannister is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:18   #2576
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you install blackout windows and blackout curtains everywhere around your apartment? It will probably be way cheaper than a legal battle anyway.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 17:36   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Why don't you install blackout windows and blackout curtains everywhere around your apartment? It will probably be way cheaper than a legal battle anyway.
Yes, I am in the process of adding an extra track or a rod with blackout curtains. More towards own personal peace of mind, which was broken only recently due to changes in their emitted light intensity.

However, it saddens me that we have to work around a nuisance created by others as there aren't any laws with regards to Light Pollution, and a society however rich that ignores basic ethics of decency and social harmony.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 18:07   #2578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
However, it saddens me that we have to work around a nuisance created by others as there aren't any laws with regards to Light Pollution...
I get you completely, a few years ago, I was forced to put double-glazed windows to block out sound from my new neighbor's 3 dogs who basically bark all day and late into the night. We tried talking to them, they react aggressively (both the dogs and the owners ). Everyone in the neighborhood has gotten in to arguments with them over the constant noise. But since we're the immediate neighbors, we get affected the most. (And we really like dogs btw, it's not their fault that these guys decided to keep 3 of them is such a small area.)

Instead of prolonging the fights, or worse, escalating things legally (we even spoke to a lawyer and he advised against that course of action - it will solve nothing and then things just get nasty), it made sense to just get the windows done.

Hoping for sound and light nuisance laws to be enforced in crowded cities like ours is just a dream. As a society we love noise and don't really care if our activities affect other people. You will not get much sympathy as the odd guy out who values peace and quiet. Better to do whatever you can within the home to minimize the nuisance and live on.

Last edited by am1m : 15th June 2022 at 18:11.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 18:47   #2579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

However, it saddens me that we have to work around a nuisance created by others as there aren't any laws with regards to Light Pollution, and a society however rich that ignores basic ethics of decency and social harmony.
I'm surprised there aren't more complaints from your neighbors and others who might be in a similar situation like you. However this is a problem that I haven't heard from a legal standpoint, although there seem to be local solutions always (using connections with local police and other means) for such cases I guess. How much it is feasible for you (given your past efforts) is a big question.

We all would have faced noise related issues on a regular basis from a more smaller scale with neighboring apartments holding parties/sessions that create a lot of noise beyond normal hours. The resolution is usually done either complaining in person or leveraging the society manager or sorts. But to be honest, I have never heard any cases of light based "pollution".
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 19:13   #2580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am in the process of adding an extra track or a rod with blackout curtains. More towards own personal peace of mind, which was broken only recently due to changes in their emitted light intensity.

I hear you man, but we live in india where if a person dies its just wished away like swatting a mosquito. In such circumstances, i just usually do what is possible within my means and get on with my life.

On the other hand, stuff like this usually pushes me in the direction of finding a little cottage to call home on a mountain of my own somewhere out there. Now that is the right direction.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks