Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 00:25   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Just a follow up question on this.

Actually this is going to be with a plot loan. So, say if I have put 30-40L (GV) in the sale deed and pay stamp duty accordingly, but actually paying the seller the ASP (~75L), through bank loan, is that legal and ok to do? Any cons with that arrangement?
My understanding is that it is illegal.

Since you are taking a loan, I am not sure how this will even work since the bank will expect the full amount to be shown in the registration. In the case of an apartment, the builder shows the remaining amount as some other charge like interior, maintenance, etc, but that is not possible in the case of a plot.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 06:09   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am not sure how this will even work since the bank will expect the full amount to be shown in the registration.
The bank will look at sale agreement, which will have the actual sale price. But the sale deed that follows will have the guidance value. The stamp duty depends on the value in sale deed. This is what I understood so far.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 4th November 2022 at 06:10.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 08:23   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You have not mentioned the size of the building. Brother has a flat that is a little away from where we live, and for all such work we take help of the maintenance manager. It also helps that the guy has been around for a long time, and the complex is not too big.

You could alternately request the neighbours in the building to help out by holding the key on your behalf.

Else, find which of the brokers can give an end-to-end service. If you use this, you will need to stick to one broker and let him have the key.. you may not be able to compare offers through diff parties.
It’s a small housing society. 7 floors 28 flats. I am guessing it’s ok to give a broker the key. Back in the day 80s-90s that like giving up your flat. It was impossible to get someone out after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I recently interacted with a property management company in my hometown in Kerala. They claim to provide end-to-end services, whether you want it to be just cleaned and maintained, rented out, or sell it. We have to get into a legal agreement with the firm and they take care of the rest. Appeared very professional compared to the normal brokers, but I have not done further research.

I am sure Mumbai would have many such agencies. This is a big business now that many people are staying away from their hometowns but still hold on to their homes for whatsoever reason.
Thanks will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
You can install a safe key box outside the flat (something like this) Give the password to either broker or the prospective buyer directly. Additionally post the visit, you can reset the password with help from your friends.
The whole struggle is that I don’t have anyone who could do this for me.
Raj1008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 08:45   #2659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the sale deed that follows will have the guidance value.
Sale deed will not show the guidance value. It will only have the official sale price, which can be equal to or more than the guidance value.

No sale deed is going say something like " this sale is being done as per guidance value" / " the sale amount is more than guidance value by xx".
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 10:23   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Actually this is going to be with a plot loan. So, say if I have put 30-40L (GV) in the sale deed and pay stamp duty accordingly, but actually paying the seller the ASP (~75L), through bank loan, is that legal and ok to do? Any cons with that arrangement?
It is impossible irrespective of legality. Banks will sanction loan based on the property value as per records (along with your income profile). Ex: If you show the registration value as 30L and bank is ready to provide 75% of asset value as loan, then you can get a maximum of 22.5L of loan. The % is usually lesser for plots, so it might reduce your loan eligibility further.

Quote:
Talk to the seller and find the max value for which the current seller will not have to pay LTCG. Register the sale for that price. This way, your LTCG when you sell will be lesser than what it could be if you register at GV today.
+1. Check with seller what is the maximum registration value he is OK to go with. Though you will pay more for stamp duty and registration, this will increase your sanctioned loan amount and also reduce your LTCG when you sell it.
Everlearner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 10:53   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
The bank will look at sale agreement, which will have the actual sale price. But the sale deed that follows will have the guidance value. The stamp duty depends on the value in sale deed. This is what I understood so far.
Doesn't the banks have any issue with this obvious difference in amounts shown in Sale agreement and Sale deed for the same property transaction?

Or the whole system is compromised?

Last edited by fordday : 4th November 2022 at 10:54. Reason: added info
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 18:21   #2662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Yes, called as “deviation”.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 20:56   #2663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Doesn't the banks have any issue with this obvious difference in amounts shown in Sale agreement and Sale deed for the same property transaction?

Banks give a loan and the borrower will be held accountable. In cases of flats, the builder will not be held responsible for anything - the borrower will have to pay back the loan.

However, such deviations are increasingly under the scanner, because such loans are likely candidates for default and hence NPA's of the banks.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 21:13   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Just a follow up question on this.

This is a double edged sword and the system is designed to harass the common man who wants to bat straight at least in TN. When you register with guidance value which is well below market value, government loses its revenue. So why would the government wants that. Answer is some folks game the system when they sense land acquisition may happen there. They do a transaction for exorbitant amount and register a plot/land parcel way above guidance value by paying full registration stamp duty. When the government has to acquire the land for any purpose in the next few years, they have to compensate at 4 times the market value which is last inflated registration value. Hence the registrar insists on registration at guidance value. Otherwise they will be suspended later.

So to overcome this causing loss at guidance value registration and save themselves and at the expense of buyer they started writing the market value (actual amount or assessed amount by registration department) in the sale deed but register the deed at guidance value. Good luck in future if there is a notice for causing revenue loss to government.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 06:09   #2665
BHPian

Asking: I wish to sell my house in Pune, should I go the broker-route or advertise and sell myself?

No urgency.

I am aware and wary of the pitfalls if I try myself.

Just trying to gauge if going with a broker makes sense.

All advice welcome.
Old 6th November 2022, 12:13   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Asking: I wish to sell my house in Pune, should I go the broker-route or advertise and sell myself?

No urgency.

I am aware and wary of the pitfalls if I try myself.

Just trying to gauge if going with a broker makes sense.

All advice welcome.
It always and always makes sense to cut out the middle-man.

Unless you cannot do it for any reason - lack of time, proximity to the property, soliciting the right kind of buyers, etc etc.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 23:42   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
If you are planning to sell the plot after a few years, then your LTCG will be more.
Quote:
Talk to the seller and find the max value for which the current seller will not have to pay LTCG. Register the sale for that price. This way, your LTCG when you sell will be lesser than what it could be if you register at GV today.
How does LTCG work when you buy a plot, construct a house and then sell it?

Say you register a plot for 50L, construct a house for 50L and then sell for say 1.5cr. What components are considered into the equation in this scenario?

I understand for a plot buy and plot sale. Trying to understand for plot buy and house sale.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:31   #2668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
…they started writing the market value (actual amount or assessed amount by registration department) in the sale deed but register the deed at guidance value.
Didn’t quite get this.

Is it possible to write a value in the sale deed and register the deed for a different value.

Doesn’t registration happen on the value that is written in the deed?
Old 7th November 2022, 17:16   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Didn’t quite get this.

Is it possible to write a value in the sale deed and register the deed for a different value.

Doesn’t registration happen on the value that is written in the deed?
They will just ask you add a sentence in the sale deed that "Market value of the transaction is zzz" and zzz is the value provided by them. Rest of all is based on guideline value. This is just their attempt to save themselves to avoid causing loss to exchequer in audits and pass the burden to the buyer. And this practice started a year ago.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 18:40   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
They will just ask you add a sentence in the sale deed that "Market value of the transaction is zzz" and zzz is the value provided by them. Rest of all is based on guideline value.
Really? Now this is one new information.

You mean they will write, for eg: that 75L is the market value and the sale deed value is 30L. Hmm.

Is this a practice only in your state and do you know if KA also does this way?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks