Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 05:59   #2731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Anybody here checked out Brigade Valencia near Narayana Hrudalaya? Is that on a lakebed?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
If the gmap location is correct, then locating that spot on topographic map, it looks to be a low lying area.
Valencia would be on a low lying area, but the actual pond/lake used to be about 100-150 m south of the location shown by G-Maps.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 10:45   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Valencia would be on a low lying area, but the actual pond/lake used to be about 100-150 m south of the location shown by G-Maps.
That’s pretty close no? Have read about so many disputes over lakebed/storm-drain encroachment by builders and eventually residents facing the wrath of authorities that I wanna totally avoid any project which has even remotest of chances of being shady that way.

Moreover last year’s visuals post rain around bellandur, Sarjapur, whitefield just made it worse. Somehow all builders insist on basement parking and during rains seeing them get flooded damaging our beloved machines is heartbreaking. Wish everyone went with MLCP but ofcourse that would hit their margins, so why would they

Thanks for the inputs everyone. I will avoid this one.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st April 2023 at 10:47.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 15:54   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The only point here is that they are trespassing on the DISCOM property, but the DISCOM has to take action. Cant object to them having a gate this side just because their property does not have direct access to your street.
We had a situation way back in a land we owned in Chennai where we had a factory. The entry to the factory from the main road was through a kachha road which we got it tarred. A few hutments came up on the side which was govt land. One morning, we saw a small idol of God with a couple of pots on the side of the tarred road, and by the next day, the dwellers were up in arms to claim the road to themselves.

It might be a good idea to get an idol set up in the middle of the night and claim the space to be a spiritual area to avoid parking woes.

I would recommend that you meet up with the local corporator and get her/him to your side. This needs some governmental swing without which it would become very difficult for you
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:35   #2734
BHPian

I am searching for a home/apartment to live in Dwarka or part of dwarka expressway that is close to Delhi. But the prices I have been quoted by dealers are astronomical around 15000-16000 per sqft. Funny thing is that Dwarka Expressway side is not even developed and asking price is of 10 years in future. Where does a middle class person go? Who are the people paying this kind of price!
Old 26th April 2023, 11:33   #2735
BHPian

This question is for folks in Hyderabad.

What is the property scenario like in Hyderabad?
2000sq ft 3BHKs are above 2cr in areas like Kokapet etc. while the rents are hovering around 30-35k per month for the same.

Seems very skewed.
Old 26th April 2023, 12:07   #2736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
This question is for folks in Hyderabad.

What is the property scenario like in Hyderabad?
2000sq ft 3BHKs are above 2cr in areas like Kokapet etc. while the rents are hovering around 30-35k per month for the same.

Seems very skewed.
I have few friends staying in the city and especially the newer areas. Real estate prices have been booming for some time now. But then the rental prices are also increasing alarmingly. 2 bhks are being rented at 30-35k plus maintenance. 3bhks are 40 and beyond for some time now. These prices are almost at par with Bangalore now.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 09:56   #2737
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore folks - I was having an interesting conversation with a friend who's a local (and his family's been here since 1960s). We were discussing / arguing on the following Q

Q. Why is real estate prices in South Bangalore - Basavanagudi, Jayanagar, JP Nagar (Ph1,2 onwards), Bannerghatta road, etc. more higher vis-a-vis an equally distanced area in North Bangalore side?

For instance, we were arguing about Kalyan Nagar vs JP Nagar - both are located in/around the Outer Ring Road and equally equidistant from the center of the city (say Vidhan Soudha). But the latter demands a much higher premium compared to the former. A similar sized apartment (or a plot of land) would be much more cheaper if one goes for it near Kalyan Nagar vs JP Nagar.

But logically the Northern side has seemingly more benefits
+ Closer to multiple railway stations (KSR, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore East, Bangalore Cantonment, SMVT, Krishnarajapuram)
+ Much closer to the airport
+ Closer / Home to several tech parks (as compared to EC for JP Nagar / southern suburbs)
- No equivalent option (currently) to NICE highway to go around the suburbs
- Lack of an operating metro line (vs the existing Green line)

Historically I can understand why the southern suburbs demanded a premium but given the current state, wondering why still there's a difference still. Any thoughts / views?

P.s. This is just me digging on a casual thought and going down a rabbit hole than anything else.
Old 27th April 2023, 10:19   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Why is real estate prices in South Bangalore - Basavanagudi, Jayanagar, JP Nagar (Ph1,2 onwards), Bannerghatta road, etc. more higher vis-a-vis an equally distanced area in North Bangalore side?
The South Bangalore neighborhoods like Jayanagar and JP Nagar were always better planned and never had water problems. Whereas neighborhoods like Indiranagar (where I grew up in the 90s) had issues even back then. Roads are generally better maintained. There seems to be a better separation of residential areas from the commercial ones. Something that is sadly lacking even in the very expensive areas in other parts of Bangalore like Indiranagar and Koramangala where you'll have restaurants and pubs right in the middle of a residential area with the attendant parking, noise and other mess that comes with it.

Generally speaking it's because historically the older neighborhoods had/have a higher percentage of people who have lived in Bangalore for longer, so they are more involved in the electoral process and can demand their facilities and services more effectively from the local elected representatives. (I'm hopeful that in a couple of generations, with second generation Bangaloreans in more neighborhoods, the same thing will happen even in Bangalore East and North.)

I have never lived in South Bangalore, been a 'Cant' boy all my life (East Bangalore), so not sure if all these points still apply. Still, whenever I visit my friends in JP Nagar, I still get the impression that that part of town is better maintained.

(PS: Just stating observations, am not tying to make this into a 'which part of Bangalore is better', or 'old' Bangaloreans vs. 'new' Bangaloreans thing- the city belongs to all, and this forum is much better than that!)

Edit: Oh one more thing that impacts plot prices, generally plots in the older parts of town will be more 'regularized'. Some of the newer areas that started developing for residential purposes in the last 10-20 years can potentially still have several issues with land conversion, BDA approvals (some of them aren't even under BDA yet), etc. Lots of builders went ahead and put up flats in areas near IT parks that were illegally converted, didn't have clear titles, etc. Even individual plot owners in my neighborhood had issues 10 years later after they constructed with clear ownership. The older parts of town like the South usually have had all these issues sorted out decades ago.

Last edited by am1m : 27th April 2023 at 10:45.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:48   #2739
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am interested in exploring investing in warehouse in Delhi NCR. Does anyone have experience of buying and renting a warehouse? What rental yield can I expect? Considering this will be my first such purchase (hopefully!), I am not looking at investing more than 25L-50L. Potential areas of interest include, Jewar, Dadri, Greater NOIDA.
Old 27th April 2023, 13:25   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The South Bangalore neighborhoods like Jayanagar and JP Nagar were always better planned and never had water problems.
Being close to Kanakapura road and nearer to Kaveri basin, south Bangalore has good water connection and need not rely only on borewells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
For instance, we were arguing about Kalyan Nagar vs JP Nagar
Specific to these 2 neighborhoods, apart from water sources, there are many others like,
* JP Nagar was planned in the 70s and by the 80s it was occupied. While Kalyan Nagar started development in the 90s. Being older, JP Nagar has older education institutes, older temples, established hospitals, and businesses and hence commands a premium.
* JP Nagar has large plots say 100x80, 80x60. These were stopped in newer areas. Max is now 80x50. Since the area is large, it was planned better.
* In the 80s, there was an emphasis from the forest department & BDA to plant roadside trees. So all roads in JP Nagar are lined with trees. This effort died down in the 2000s. Newer areas don't have so much green cover.
* JP Nagar has many large parks and playgrounds. Kalyan Nagar doesn't have so many.
* JP Nagar is a large area. So commercial activity is limited to certain sections, leaving the residential areas peaceful.
* JP Nagar is closer to another big neighborhood, Jayanagar. So the combined area is a large residential spot.
* JP Nagar has smaller tech parks nearby. Larger tech parks bring in a large floating population and that doesn't make a good residential area.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 17:31   #2741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Being close to Kanakapura road and nearer to Kaveri basin, south Bangalore has good water connection and need not rely only on borewells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The South Bangalore neighborhoods like Jayanagar and JP Nagar were always better planned and never had water problems.
Thank you guys for your detailed views. Especially on the water point, this actually makes a lot of sense - I have had relatives living in Bangalore since 70s and one common issue I have always heard them voice over the last 30+ years is on water availability; so your above points do echo a lot on that (co-incidentally they used to live in north bangalore side ) .
Old 27th April 2023, 18:01   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
I require a 1/2 BHK rental apartment in Pune. I don't have much knowledge of Pune, so what would be the best way or online portal to find one?
Have you narrowed down to the propsective areas in Pune where you want to stay?
IT is spread in East (Magarpatta, Kharadi, Yerwada) and West (Baner, Hinjawadi). For a family Magarpatta, Kharadi, Baner, Aundh, Wakad are good areas to stay.
On the east side, Kalyani nagar, Koregaon park are premium areas to stay.
On the west side, Baner, balewadi high street, aundh are the premium areas in terms of rentals.
You can find many properties online - olx, 99acres and likes.
Old 27th April 2023, 19:09   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Have you narrowed down to the propsective areas in Pune where you want to stay?
IT is spread in East (Magarpatta, Kharadi, Yerwada) and West (Baner, Hinjawadi). For a family Magarpatta, Kharadi, Baner, Aundh, Wakad are good areas to stay.
On the east side, Kalyani nagar, Koregaon park are premium areas to stay.
On the west side, Baner, balewadi high street, aundh are the premium areas in terms of rentals.
You can find many properties online - olx, 99acres and likes.
I moved to Wagholi around 10 days back. It is well developed and rent here is relatively cheap compared to other places. IT Parks are already there and upcoming in Kharadi; Viman Nagar/Wadagon Sheri are 10-12 kms/half an hour away. So, i am very happy here.
Old 28th April 2023, 21:08   #2744
BHPian

Bangalore real estate experts, please can you help me with feedback on the below properties. I am looking to invest in a plot with a purpose of reselling after say, 10 years.

1. Adarsh Savana
2. Earthsong by Manyata

I have only these two in mind. Any comments on the above would be highly appreciated. thanks.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 19:16   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Need help from people who have recently purchased a flat in Bangalore.

I have finalised buying a flat at a deal price of 47.50 lakh. But when checking on the Kaveri website, it is showing that the guidance value of the flat is around 60 lakh. Any idea whether the Kaveri portal values are correct or is there a way to challenge this value as it looks a bit too high for the flat that I am purchasing.

PS: This is a flat in a standalone building near Marathahalli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks