Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 20:24   #91
BHPian

Re: Website hosting + Email solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Thanks for the useful post. Do you have any suggestions on the current hosting providers? Do you suggest getting a long term domain and short term hosting providers to be cost-effective?
Hi,

Sorry, had been really caught up in many things. Among the current hosting providers, situation is still more or less the same. I purchased another Hostgator hosting for myself this Monday and have been a regular customer of Bigrock for domains. Most of the leading web hosting providers except bigrock (blue host, hostgator etc) are anyway owned by one single company, much like the monopoly of Luxottica in eyewear industry.

If you are looking beyond simple shared hosting and need more control of yourself, go for cloud hosting from Digital ocean. They are pretty cheap and good for beginners (not absolute beginner; cloud hosting means manual control which always has its pros and cons)

I would suggest never let your domain expire, be it one year or 5 years, up to you. Mostly any deals provided in this industry for domains or hosting is applicable on first billing. So if you buy say a hosting for 1 month or 1 year or 5 years, that discount is applicable for that tenure. I usually prefer getting hosting for longer tenure in specific deals. This Monday I got a deal of 70% discount, so I purchased 3 years hosting. Pricing was at par on 1 year hosting in regular days minus any discount.

Hope I made sense
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 20:00   #92
BHPian

Hello,

Needed help with hosting solutions for personal blogs. Did some reading online and following are the main options:
1) GoDaddy - Reasonably priced but not recommended a lot, has negative reviews when it comes to support and some feature set
2) Bluehost - Reasonably priced, has a long term contract (3 years) when the cheaper price options are available (currently with BlackFriday deals, am getting USD 2.65 per month on a 36 month contract). Includes a free domain for first year however it seems that the renewal (https://www.bluehost.com/help/articl...n-name-pricing) prices are high
3) SiteGround - This is the one that is most recommended one however is slightly expensive at ~ 7 USD per month for first year and 15 USD thereafter. This is supposed to have best performance, page load times and relatively better uptimes.

One other input I got was to buy domain from google domains since that is a simple pricing and includes privacy protection and few other features which are provided as add-ons by other sites like BigRock / Bluehost etc.

Wanted inputs from folks on what are they using and their feedback on the services availed so far by the hosting service providers.

Cheers,
S
Old 24th November 2020, 20:12   #93
BHPian

I use blue host. They have excellent support. Make sure you choose someone who has excellent support even if they are a a little expensive.
casnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 08:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
I use blue host. They have excellent support. Make sure you choose someone who has excellent support even if they are a a little expensive.
Thanks for the inputs casnov.

I did some more Googling / YouTubing and finally settled in on Hostinger as the hosting provider. One thing which I noted is that hostinger has both Hostinger.com (pay in USD) and Hostinger.in (pay in INR). Would there be any difference if I made the purchase on Hostinger.com vs on Hostinger.in? I would like to believe that it is the same company which has a .in TLD for doing business locally and otherwise, in terms of services offered it should be the same. Is that understanding correct?

My doubt stems from an old article which I had read which mentioned that bluehost.in is not the same as bluehost.com in terms of services offered (which I had found strange but then since was not pursuing it further, ignored it).

Cheers,
S
Old 2nd February 2023, 14:51   #95

Lot of Indian subsidiaries in India may have aligned with rhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Thanks for the inputs casnov.

I did some more Googling / YouTubing and finally settled in on Hostinger as the hosting provider. One thing which I noted is that hostinger has both Hostinger.com (pay in USD) and Hostinger.in (pay in INR). Would there be any difference if I made the purchase on Hostinger.com vs on Hostinger.in? I would like to believe that it is the same company which has a .in TLD for doing business locally and otherwise, in terms of services offered it should be the same. Is that understanding correct?

My doubt stems from an old article which I had read which mentioned that bluehost.in is not the same as bluehost.com in terms of services offered (which I had found strange but then since was not pursuing it further, ignored it).

Cheers,
S
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:50   #96
BHPian

Is there anyone here who's moved their mailbox(es) from Gandi.net to elsewhere after they nuked their free email services?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks