Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2005, 09:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
There's nothing called main pubs any more. Pubs in Bangalore are not really doing that good a business as before. Above mentioned watering holes are just bars with some add on gizmos. The real pub feel was in 'The Pub" those days which is now sadly known as NASA. A truely sad place for the tourists.
Don't go there...you won't miss anything.
Oh, I dint know that!! How come?!! I mean when I was in college(2000-03) there, every month a couple of new ones woulome up.....
Old 27th September 2006, 09:09   #32
BHPian

Puple Haze has relocated To Koramnagal.. Near Jyothinivas college.. Maybe it might be full of chicks when I go there Next .... Wish e best of luck...
Old 27th September 2006, 14:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for some good places in Mumbai and tripped across this linky seems to be quite useful.
Old 27th September 2006, 14:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah that would be the coffee day next to my office and house. Next to the best chicks and cars in bangalore. Coincidence? I think not lol.

The best food i have eaten in Bangalore was at a restaurant called Grasshopper. Well, it's a beautiful home where they cook for you. You cannot just walk in, you have to inform them in advance and it's a fixed menu. If grilled aubergines with orange reduction and braised lamb shanks with danish blue cheese is your kind of food, i recommend it. A bit far though, i dunno the address. Also sell some good designer clothes and accessories. perfect for a good ( a bit expensive) soiree.

Opus can be fun if rock and karaoke is your thing. Run by Carlton Braganza (I went to school with him)

For a simple quick italian meal, i quite enjoy Spiga, next to lavelle road (near the esprit showroom there)
A nice spa looking club is taika. I liked that very much too. Party at the West end a few times, nice bar there called Ice, pity it closes early.
13th floor is nice for a drink with a young lady, call for a table with a view in advance.
Sunny's down lavelle road (not the old one but the new one next to the shell petrol pump) offers a mean Salmon steak (again if fine conti is your thing)

For good whiskey, i recommend Indiranagar - a certain Old man's home.
Old 27th September 2006, 14:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sam, siete troppo! (hope that's right)
Old 27th September 2006, 15:25   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah that would be the coffee day next to my office and house. Next to the best chicks and cars in bangalore. Coincidence? I think not lol.
Na..too many bratty kids

Quote:
The best food i have eaten in Bangalore was at a restaurant called Grasshopper........... Also sell some good designer clothes and accessories. perfect for a good ( a bit expensive) soiree.
The ambience etc will certainly get your date out of the clothes ....but the food may not get them into the one's over there - mission aborted

Quote:
Opus can be fun if rock and karaoke is your thing. Run by Carlton Braganza (I went to school with him)
- place to meet sweet girls who sing

Quote:
For a simple quick italian meal, i quite enjoy Spiga
agreed

Quote:
A nice spa looking club is taika. I liked that very much too
. ok but gets crowded

Quote:
Sunny's down lavelle road
- good but you got to be somebody...to get a good table

Quote:
For good whiskey, i recommend Indiranagar - a certain Old man's home
- There is an 18 year who brought him to his knees on Monday
Old 27th September 2006, 16:43   #37
Joz
BHPian

Yup. Opus is a nice place... For those who like racking their brains over a drink, you should drop in here on Thursdays for 'Booze & Brains'. Quizzing over beer is fun if you are drinking with some wise people... Won 4 beers last Thursday. :-)).

Peecos is also another place i enjoy (reminds me of college days).

For food: Spiga is good. Fresco's (Cunningham Road) is ok. Service at 5 Elements (Nandidurg Road) is bad on weekends. Early mornings, Empire is the only hope.

Overhyped: Koshy's
Old 27th September 2006, 17:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
for better biryani than hyd:biryani merchant,
!
where is merchant? the biryani that i like is biryani paradise off comm street opposite the police station
Old 27th September 2006, 18:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
siete troppo!
A bit off topic sorry,

Correct? Umm... yes and no. Nobody uses Voi (Voi siete = you are) anymore as a respectful "you" though i know most translating programs will offer it as default. See, In italian is is normal to drop the definite article. I am - Je suis in french but in italian, you don't need to say io sono, just sono is sufficient. Like "Sono Akshay." Now commonly used, (voi) siete would be plural : you(all) are
You would refer to me as a more familiar tu. Therefore you are would be using (tu) "sei" not "Siete"
Troppo is superlative. Too much. As opposed to the more commonly used molto (very)

I am not sure if "You are too much" bears a similar meaning in Italian - will check with elders tomorrow.

So you need to say Sei molto _______ (what?) You need an adjective. Suggestions: Pazzo (mad) alto (tall) etc

Still a little offtopic: ajmat, you must tell me more. In detail lol.

Sorry guys, back to Bangalore....

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 27th September 2006 at 18:34.
Old 27th September 2006, 19:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best food i have eaten in Bangalore was at a restaurant called Grasshopper. Well, it's a beautiful home where they cook for you.
I believe it is on Bannerghatta road.

Quote:
For a simple quick italian meal, i quite enjoy Spiga, next to lavelle road (near the esprit showroom there)
I agree. BTW, Little Italy in Indiranagar is pretty good. However the problem is that they serve only vegeterian food. Fiorana in Koramangala is pretty good as well.

When it comes to having a couple of drinks, I have tried lots of places but 13th floor remains the favourite joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Quote:
Sunny's down lavelle road
- good but you got to be somebody...to get a good table
I was there today and got my favourite corner table for 2 near the glass panel. I just had to call them at 12:15 for 1:00 pm lunch. I am an average Joe. The days I have walked in without reservations, I got a lousy table.

Quote:
where is merchant? the biryani that i like is biryani paradise off comm street opposite the police station
Castle Street I think. I haven't been there in quite some time. Used to be quite good.

Off topic, I think Hyderabad biryanis are overrated. I visisted Hyderabad last year and went to Paradise (apparantly one of most popular joints for Biryanis in Hyderabad) and it sucked big time! May be I should have tried a different place.
Old 27th September 2006, 22:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
The best food i have eaten in Bangalore was at a restaurant called Grasshopper.
Located on Bannerghata Road, maybe a 30 mins drive in moderate traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Opus can be fun if rock and karaoke is your thing.
Definately one of the fun places in Bangalore....

Quote:
For sure, its a really good inexpensive option (compared to Sunny's) for us perpetually broke student type dudes.

Cosmo Village was another great place to chill.... havent been there in a while now.

Personally I feel that when it comes to food, Bangalore laaags behind. Im not sayign we dont have places to goto... but for starters its expensive... and we hardly have any raaaasta food scene's here.
Old 28th September 2006, 00:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Cosmo Village was another great place to chill.... havent been there in a while now.
Man I hate that place. One time I went there, the bartender put real tea in the Long Island Iced Tea, and took us two hours to serve us our Chinese food. Funny, cos we had ordered Thai.
Old 28th September 2006, 00:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey, does anyone remember Vicky's? They used to be on Church St, and now they're somewhere out of town, in a farm house. Does anyone know where? I loved that place.
Old 28th September 2006, 08:36   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Man I hate that place. One time I went there, the bartender put real tea in the Long Island Iced Tea, and took us two hours to serve us our Chinese food. Funny, cos we had ordered Thai.
eight years ago, we ordered a sofa from a spaced out bengali /thai couple who had big dreams and duff salesment.....to cut a long story short, they disappeared and reappeared with the sofa three months late.

A month down the road - Cosmo village opens - we find the duff salesment are the waiters - plenty of great food on the menu but havoc!!! The folks on the table next to us arrived 30min before us were served 30 min after us.

They had to close and reopened on a smaller scale (the couple split up!!!)
Old 29th September 2006, 12:04   #45
BHPian

biryanimerchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Biryani Merchant on Castle Street is now closed. This was one place where one could enjoy good biryani. Checkout the notice in their homepage:
http://www.biryanimerchant.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks