Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 07:46   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't realise you were a vegetable Mag.

The first time I had an andhra style meal, complete with bananana leaf and flying ghee was at Nagarjuna, this is ummm.. a little further away from Lavelle Road. Help with location.
Old 27th May 2007, 10:05   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam,

Looks are deceiving, what ?! And I prefer to eat vegetables - not be eaten like one
Old 27th May 2007, 10:14   #153
Team-BHP Support

Hey we forget t-bhp lunch place after nandi hills drive.

Green-park dhaba on bellary road opposite jakkur flying club. Super reasonable food and a great place for t-bhp meets as we realised last time.
Old 27th May 2007, 22:50   #154
BHPian

South Indies in Indiranagar rocks!!! Tje place is 100% veg and I'm a hard core non-veg, but even I want to go back there. The food is simply superb and the choice is excellent, lest you think how original can south indian food be.

You guys must check it out. you won't stop eating, I guarantee it!
Old 28th May 2007, 13:14   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Malgudi is also next to The Dhaba. There is a complex of restaurants there.
I guess both Malgudi and 'The Dhaba' belong to the same management. You usually find them together everywhere.

One pair of these can be found on the ORR, after Marathalli bridge, while the other pair of the same can be found on the Sarjapur road, kinda near the Agra lake.

Frankly speaking i didnt really like the choice of food at Malgudi's. HAd fried fish once at the Malgudi's on Sarjapur road and it felt like it had been refried, and not fresh.
Old 16th September 2007, 16:08   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

The Olive Beach - wood street

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaKo View Post
Olive Beach on Wood Street is another place you would like to take your date. Good food, excellent selection of wine, wonderful ambience (helps get the compliment of the selection of place from your date) and pretty decent service. @ Rs. 1200 - 1500 / head
I couldn't agree more. Just got back from a completely outstanding sunday brunch.
The Ambience was lovely, the people (both the explats and the fancy dressed locals) were great to look at, the food was varied and wonderful.

Especially the cold food was outstanding. Everything from Hummus to greek salad. Mini gyros on coin shaped pita to liver pate.
The cheese choices were excellent too. Add to that pigs in blankets, smoked chicken, some canelloni and sunday was a feast.
Live pasta - with (finally) a chef who knows his pasta and an outstanding dessert counter with freshly grilled donuts too!

Fresh Olive style pizza brought to your table, slices or the whole shebang, anything you want. Seafood, olive, chicken. Excellent pizza base and great taste.

Fresh oysters with juice and batter fried shrimp. All alcoholic drinks, cocktails, (Indian)wine and champagne on the house too. And then some pretty people singing at your table and the job is done. Full marks and a great Sunday afternoon.

Price: Rs. 1500/- plus per head. Reservations required.

Hint: Wear whites, cottons, light colours, khaki shorts, light coloured jeans or linen pants. Sit outside. Order the cocktails - bloodys, margies, cosmos etc. It's great fun. A good time to reserve a table is 12.30 pm. Call them the previous evening or as soon as you wake up on sunday morning.

Photos:

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th September 2007 at 16:10.
Old 16th September 2007, 17:12   #157
Senior - BHPian

Sam - Making up for the lack of the "more" interesting photographs on your blog thread, eh! Keep them coming brother!
Old 16th September 2007, 18:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

Any good places to have a good continental breakfast?Apart from koshys and the 5-stars.
Old 16th September 2007, 23:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Yes, near your house, there is Stones. Also Peco's and Mojo's. All three do a good English breakfast. For nice Belgian waffles, there's Cafe Terra in K'mangala, on 80 ft Rd.
Old 17th September 2007, 11:50   #160
BHPian

Abhi, Can you direct me to misti from IRR? Woudl love to taste their wares

And where Annakoot ? Any idea

I hear that there one Bengali Rest on 12 Main 100 Ft rd indiranagar, probably called Baliguni Palace.

Hey, any Bengali rests in Bangalore ? Would love to visit them.

On eastern Bangalore, I second that Golkonda Chimney is best. You can explore the new one at Cosmos mall at Brookefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Tewari Bros is definitely a good one....
but for bengali sweets and snacks, the best is Mishti - The taste of Bengal in Koramangala (near Maharaja Restaurant)...
Second best is Manju's (for rosogullas) in HAL market, I also like the Annakoot near my house and he prepares nice take away bengali food and cheap price....
You can takeaway food everyday from Annakoot if ur wife has gone to Maika .... it is very good and light...
I dont like KC Das in bangalore.... definitely not the one on CMH road...

Abhi
Old 17th September 2007, 14:10   #161
Senior - BHPian

From the eastern Bangalore, my experiences,
Try Ginseng, Central Park Plaza, the Prawns and lobster are really good.A bit pricey place though.Another good one is Shiok.
On the same place, the Lime Light used to have good buffets but now I don't find it that good.
For Bengali, #6 Ballygunj is good place but pricey again. But taste is good.
Till date I'm yet to find a good place on eastern Bangalore which have really good Dosa's. South/Central Blr people are lucky to have SLV and likes.

Some places for daily eats,
There is one cheaper place called Cinnamon on CMH road,after casa picola, on the left hand side if you are going from the Indiranagar to ulsoor.
Annakut is in Kaggadasapura Main road, after LRDE.
Anyone staying near Kaggadasapura-GM pallaya connecting road and wants home delivery, try The Chef's. The food (specially the Daal fry and Sabjis tasted almost like homemade..and even the veg chinese stuffs are ok) is tasty and price is really cheap.A steal for that price.
There is one Punjabi eat-out near Smart cars,Kaggadasapura, good paranthas and Lassi. And yeah it's proper Punjabi styled Big Sized Paranthas and big glass of Lassi.
Few more reviews are on the way
Old 17th September 2007, 20:19   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I couldn't agree more. Just got back from a completely outstanding sunday brunch.

Hint: Wear whites, cottons, light colours, khaki shorts, light coloured jeans or linen pants. Sit outside. Order the cocktails - bloodys, margies, cosmos etc. It's great fun. A good time to reserve a table is 12.30 pm. Call them the previous evening or as soon as you wake up on sunday morning.
Hey Sam,

Guess you missed to mention the music ......

I think you did not go with a date, else she would have not missed the music @ Olive.

Couple of other great places for the Sunday Brunch are :

1] Taj Westend (book a table on the verandah)

2] Casa del Sol [another place the chef (Vijay Bakshi) knows his pastas & pizzas (you can even make your own pizza)].

Does anyone have a feedback on Harbour Market (the Mohan Lal owned mallu restaurant) ??
Old 18th September 2007, 01:00   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaKo View Post
2] Casa del Sol [another place the chef (Vijay Bakshi) knows his pastas & pizzas (you can even make your own pizza)].
Sam loves this place.
Old 18th September 2007, 08:05   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Abhi, Can you direct me to misti from IRR? Woudl love to taste their wares

And where Annakoot ? Any idea

I hear that there one Bengali Rest on 12 Main 100 Ft rd indiranagar, probably called Baliguni Palace.

Hey, any Bengali rests in Bangalore ? Would love to visit them.

On eastern Bangalore, I second that Golkonda Chimney is best. You can explore the new one at Cosmos mall at Brookefield.
If you are driving from Indiranagar side towards Koramangala on IRR, take left from the signal at SonyWorld / Mahindra showroom, Keep going straight, you will cross Maharaja restaurant, Misti is on your left side on this road (before Mishra's)

Indiranagar bengali restaurant is called 6, Ballygunge Place...Although on the expensive side but food tastes awesome...Try out buffet lunch (Mon - Fri)...

Annakoot is on Kagadasapura Main Road, first shop after passing the Robotics Campus of DRDO, food is good and price is cheap, you have to buy the stuffs and carry home...Try out Mughlai parota (Rs20 only) and Egg Roll (Rs 10 only)...It is only open from 6PM except Mondays.

Abhi
Old 18th September 2007, 08:29   #165
BANNED

If you are looking for food which tastes like home made then try Ghar ka Khana at BTM 2nd stage, 45 bucks on weekdays and 50 on weekends, unlimited meals and tastes good.

Most Viewed