Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 14:27   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I love the prawn masala fry in Coastal spice.
Could you please let me know the location and price for buffet lunch
Old 13th March 2008, 14:29   #242
BHPian

One more hint, I am not much into Chinese and sea food. I don't mind any type of meat including pork or beef.
Old 13th March 2008, 14:47   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
This is for occasional respite from the stale food delivered by our official caterers. Anything near church street, mg road, brigade road would be fine. Budget would be.... hmm, less than 300.
Quick bite: Kaati Zone, Church St. Rolls for about 65 bucks, not too bad, but they used to be better. KFC, Brigade Rd. McD's, Brigade Rd. Koshy's, St Mark's Rd -- especially the fish and chips.

If you're on Church St, you really should try that small place, Queen's. They have very good North Indian/Punjabi food. It's a little pokey as far as atmosphere goes, but the food is good. And it should be well inside your budget.

Then there's always Empire. I hear they have a buffet these days, which is ridiculously low-priced.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:32   #244

hey folks, what is the entry fee at Purple Haze, Koramangala? And is there restriction for couples only?
Old 8th April 2008, 11:40   #245
BHPian

No Cover charges (on weekdays). Weekends they might charge a cover fee, but can be set off against the final bill.

No restriction on singles any day.

cheers:
Old 8th April 2008, 17:37   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
...If you're on Church St, you really should try that small place, Queen's. They have very good North Indian/Punjabi food. It's a little pokey as far as atmosphere goes, but the food is good. And it should be well inside your budget.
At one time, they used to be the only joint that did "phulkas" in Bangalore, apart from the Sharma joint in Malleswaram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Then there's always Empire. I hear they have a buffet these days, which is ridiculously low-priced.
I must have missed reading it, but Imperial on Residency Road didn't seem to figure here! They were the originators of the Bangalore-style Chicken Kababs, I think, apart from a mean Mutton Pepper Fry. As pokey as Queens, but hey - one goes there for the CP/KP + kabab (cherwa and salad free), not for the decor.

Isn't that 'glitzy' place in Koramangala near the JNC cross an Empire joint?
Old 8th April 2008, 17:39   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I must have missed reading it, but Imperial on Residency Road didn't seem to figure here! They were the originators of the Bangalore-style Chicken Kababs, I think, apart from a mean Mutton Pepper Fry. As pokey as Queens, but hey - one goes there for the CP/KP + kabab (cherwa and salad free), not for the decor.

Isn't that 'glitzy' place in Koramangala near the JNC cross an Empire joint?
Yes, Imperial is better than Empire, and yes, that is an Empire near JNC. Diagonally opposite, and closer to JNC, is Paramount.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:24   #248
Senior - BHPian

Your right DerAlte, impys started it all.

Imperial for kababs and bheja fry, Empire for the grill.

For Punjabi food you could try Danny's Dhaba at the Indiranagar RTO and also another Dhaba down the lane beside the Gurudwara @ Ulsoor. I havent tried the latter yet, only heard about it.

Biriyani Paradise which is just off commercial street, opp. Police Station. Its the last lane on the right, tiny place opposite the Madarsa. Excellent biryani and sholay kabab!

Last edited by s0uljah : 8th April 2008 at 18:25.
Old 8th April 2008, 19:35   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
also another Dhaba down the lane beside the Gurudwara @ Ulsoor. I havent tried the latter yet, only heard about it.

bobby da dhaba yummy yummy.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:37   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
They were the originators of the Bangalore-style Chicken Kababs, I think, apart from a mean Mutton Pepper Fry.
oooh..you brought back good old memories! When I was in Joseph's, a bunch of us would go to that bar opposite Imperial,and after a few bottles of beer we'd head over to Imperial for the kababs. YUMMM-O!!
Old 8th April 2008, 20:42   #251
Team-BHP Support

Anyone tried Kosmos on Cunningham road?

Also how are the restaurants at crossover point? They have India gate and great wall I think.

Barbeque nation both at Indiranagar and Koramangala is a great place to go to. Unlimited starters and then buffet for 450 + tax.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:48   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
hey folks, what is the entry fee at Purple Haze, Koramangala? And is there restriction for couples only?
Weekend cover charges are 300 per person, no restriction for singles and ladies free entry.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:47   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyone tried Kosmos on Cunningham road?
Ask sa1nik, he lives there.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:37   #254
Senior - BHPian

Actually used to be at the old place.. Cosmo.

Kosmo @ Cunningham is done up tastefully, the restaurant is a tad expensive and has fusion foods. So if you order a lentil soup and it looks like a bowl of daal dont be surprised I enjoyed my steak, though I got a well done when I asked for medium. Nice portion of asian vegetables too(I can see v1p3r doing a double take).

Wed, Fri, Sunday at Kosmo see's major crowds flocking for the EDM dj sessions.

Finally made it to BBQ Nation a few weeks ago, some real spicy starters. I couldnt get myself to crawl to the buffet after the non stop starters.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:49   #255
BHPian

Which are the best mid-night buffets in bangalore.
Heard Royal Orchid one is good.
What about brunchz? Beach in IN?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks