Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 20:30   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
thanks for the info friend...we can eat some different kind of food now
The speciality of Anupam's Coastaal Express (I think they have a smaller branch on the Kora Club road) is Chicken Ghee Roast - gets consumed by the ton at this joint (like Impy's kababs). You have to order it the first thing when you get in, because it takes 45 mins to arrive. It is finger-licking scrumptious, and don't you dare count calories when you eat it - people from neighboring tables are likely to throttle you.

Another good coastal joint is Sa-na-di-ge in the Goldfinch hotel on Crescent Road, in front of Bangalore International Hotel. Pricier than Coastaal, but better ambience.
Old 19th June 2008, 00:33   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
there are three seafood places in that vicinity..

one is this coastal express. good value for money.. but dinner time it has got pub-like ambiance so not recommended for families.

2nd is Sana Dige (spell?) which is part of an hotel called Gold Finch.. more expensive than coastal express.. definitely much better ambiance.. semi-outdoor like place.

and then there is another place called Harbor i think.. it is apparently owned by Malayalam movie star Mohanlal which is part an hotel called 37-Crescent.. or is it 39-Crescent. sort of expensive and upmarket.
Please give us details about the other 2 restaurants apart from costal express
Old 19th June 2008, 11:17   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The speciality of Anupam's Coastaal Express (I think they have a smaller branch on the Kora Club road) is Chicken Ghee Roast - gets consumed by the ton at this joint (like Impy's kababs). .
It's coast2coast ... Nice hotel, The taste is almost similar to coastal express
Old 19th June 2008, 11:55   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Search for "crescent road bangalore"
Google Maps

If you are coming from Raj Bhavan/Chalukya, take the first right-turn after Taj west end. Then take the first left turn and you will enter crescent road.

Within 500 meters you will see 37th Crescent Hotel (Harbor Market restaurant) on the left side. +(91)-(80)-40373737, 22382123

Little further up you will see Goldfinch Hotel (Sana Dige restaurant) on the right side. Phone: +91-80-41291300 Fax: +91-80-41138488

Sana Dige is mangalorean and the food is similar to many other mangalorean places in B'lore (Kudla near Mallya hospital is owned by same people)

Harbor market is Kerala/Malabar cuisine. Better ambiance and higher prices.

I like food at cheap places like Kairali (in Koramangala area) but then sometimes ambiance is more important than the food taste.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:57   #380
BHPian

One more good place for families i found was Spice Curry on Indiranagar 80 Ft road. (DOnt know if it was mentioned here before)

Great food, service standards lack a bit but chilled beer compensates for that.

Just aboce Maruti Driving School.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:48   #381
BHPian

Hi, Just wanted to add my two bits to this thread for all the old timers in Bangalore. The best burgers were at Ice and Spice and Indianas. The best mid night food was and still is at Empire and is way better than what you get at the five stars. The best south Indian food I had was at Veena stores, MTR and Janardhan hotel. The most famous place for Chinese those days was Chinese Hut at Hi Point which also has Gangotri which is very good for chats. The best Indian food was at Tycoons which also had a great chicken minced steak. When in college the best places to eat out were Indianas, Ice and Spice, KK and palate corner. KK and Palate Corner still have some of the best rolls. And yeah there was a small hole in the wall on church street which used to serve Shawarma rolls and it was great. The best Andhra was and is Nagarjuna in my opinion. And who can forget the old Only place at Mota Royal. The Lasagne was simply superb.

I may have missed out some of the places that others may have loved. Please do add them to the list.

You guys should try Aad E Hind on church street. Its got good Indian food. I have not tried the Chinese though. Also please please try the Chinese at The Shezwan Court at Oberoi's. Its simply great and not evry ery expensive if you dont drink.

Millers 46 is also great for a steak, but gets a bit too heavy sometimes, specially with all the cheese.
Old 20th June 2008, 13:56   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Tycoons was kickass!! It now operates under the name "Desmond's". It';s there on Lavelle Road and Koramangala. I have a fixed menu when I go to that place. Chicken Salad, Minced chicken steak with mushroom sauce and caramel custard. Heavenly!!
Old 20th June 2008, 14:33   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Tycoons was kickass!! It now operates under the name "Desmond's". It';s there on Lavelle Road and Koramangala. I have a fixed menu when I go to that place. Chicken Salad, Minced chicken steak with mushroom sauce and caramel custard. Heavenly!!
N they have this buffet food too ...
3 veg dishes + 1 Chicken curry + rotis+rice +ice cream
all rs 123+ tax. Previously it was 99rs/head
Chaarcoal at Hotel regalis is also good for the buffet food.
Fish is really awesome here.. Buffet price is 250+ tax
Old 20th June 2008, 15:57   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
]
You guys should try Aad E Hind on church street. Its got good Indian food. I have not tried the Chinese though.
Are you talking about Ada-Hind-Ki on Museam road ? The food is not bad there. The chinese restaurant (on the ground floor) is In China and that is quite alright as well.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:57   #385
Senior - BHPian

Some of our favourite restaurants

- Grameen - Raheja Arcade Koramangala - North Indian Ghar ka Khana

- BayLeaf - Raheja Arcade Koramangala - Multi Cusine. Try their cocktails. Very Good Veg menu.

- Umerkot - koramangala ( dont know main/cross. take left when coming from Inner Ring Road at the jn near lifestyle and go for about 3 kms. It is on the left ). Good Biryani and superb winelist.

- BBQ Nation - IndiraNagar and Koramangala. VFM all u can eat kebabs

- Kabab Factory - Hotel GoldFinch, Cresent road, nr race course.

- Halle Mane - Sampige Road ?

- Eden Park - Behind Hotel Harsha / Royal Orchid - Shivaji Nagar. Best Andhra meals in town.

- The Dhaba - Marathahalli.

- Degchi - Kalyan Nagar - HRBR layout. on outer ring road, coming from KRPuram, take left at Horamavu Jn, and keep going straight to the T Jn, take left. Its immdly on the right side of the road on the 1st floor. There is a More supermarket opp to Degchi. Try their Sunday Bruch - amritsari Kulchas! with Punjabi Lassi. Sheer Bliss. Also their Pindi Channa, Baigan Bharta, Crispy Bhindi & phirni.

Anyone knows of really good veg restaurants in RajajiNagar, Malleswaram area ?

Any review / feedback about H2O innovative multiplex ?
Old 20th June 2008, 17:54   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
- The Dhaba - Marathahalli.
Although The Dhaba is good but personally I rate Golkonda Chimney higher (ofcourse they dont serve drinks).

Some more favourites (atleast I like them):
1) Golkonda chimney - Marathahalli
2) Samarkand - Infantry Road (same bldg as Pub Hypnos)
3) China Pearl - Koramangala (excellent Chinese)
4) 6, Ballygunge Place - Indiranangar, worth bengali cuisine but expensive
5) BBQ nation - Indiranagar

Abhi
Old 21st June 2008, 04:20   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Another good coastal joint is Sa-na-di-ge in the Goldfinch hotel on Crescent Road, in front of Bangalore International Hotel. Pricier than Coastaal, but better ambience.
That whole Crescent Rd no, it's not a good place if you're trying to stay on the straight and narrow, as far as a diet goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
- Kabab Factory - Hotel GoldFinch, Cresent road, nr race course.
... I was saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi, Just wanted to add my two bits to this thread for all the old timers in Bangalore. The best burgers were at Ice and Spice and Indianas.
I have to agree, and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000
The best mid night food was and still is at Empire and is way better than what you get at the five stars.
Here I must disagree. I know atleas 2 well-regarded BHPians who would rather dine at Impy's, and one who prefers Hilal's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav20000
The best Andhra was and is Nagarjuna in my opinion.
Try Mayuri, Silk Board/JC Rd, one more location. Simply amazing. And great value for money.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:02   #388
BHPian

one of my favorite restaurants in Kormangala is Magnolia. It's on the 80 feet road - same building as Reliance fresh. They serve good Chinese & Thai. Food is amazing and the prices are descent, you should try their yummy Momos. Also, Ask for their complimentary house salad which is really good.

Also, There is small place in Indira Nagar - behind Nadhini and Mainland china, called Shethji, they serve very good stuffed Paranthas and north indian meal. Take the 18th Main and then the 1st left it's about 100 meters from there.
Old 22nd June 2008, 03:47   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Although The Dhaba is good but personally I rate Golkonda Chimney higher (ofcourse they dont serve drinks).

Some more favourites (atleast I like them):
1) Golkonda chimney - Marathahalli
2) Samarkand - Infantry Road (same bldg as Pub Hypnos)
3) China Pearl - Koramangala (excellent Chinese)
4) 6, Ballygunge Place - Indiranangar, worth bengali cuisine but expensive
5) BBQ nation - Indiranagar

Abhi
Talking of bengali cuisine, there's a small mess kinda place in Electronics City by the Infy campus. The stuff there is way way way better than 6 Ballygunge Place for probably 1/10th the price. It is without doubt the most authentic bengali food I've eaten outside Calcutta and this is coming from a bengali.
Old 22nd June 2008, 10:19   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Talking of bengali cuisine, there's a small mess kinda place in Electronics City by the Infy campus. The stuff there is way way way better than 6 Ballygunge Place for probably 1/10th the price. It is without doubt the most authentic bengali food I've eaten outside Calcutta and this is coming from a bengali.
Where is this place? what all do you get there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks