Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 16:18   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Hotel President in Jayanagar today for lunch. Buffet is 225+taxes and it is pretty decent.

The place is actually very good. Blue lighting all round which makes it seem a little bit like a lounge bar.

The chicken and the Mutton were delicious. Totally worth it.
Old 14th May 2008, 19:11   #362
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, absolutely no offense intended but I do remember at some stage you mentioned your doing everything possible to burn fat and its still not happening.

Eating out regularly is one of the biggest sin's one can commit wrt weight loss as most food's are calorie laden bombs.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:37   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Nikhil, absolutely no offense intended but I do remember at some stage you mentioned your doing everything possible to burn fat and its still not happening.

Eating out regularly is one of the biggest sin's one can commit wrt weight loss as most food's are calorie laden bombs.
Yeah I know.

Guilty as charged

But I am trying my level best to cut down on it and even when I go out, I *try* to eat relatively healthy stuff. Try to go more for chicken and fish and grilled and steamed stuff rather than fried.

I also avoid the desserts. Even today I avoided the dessert.

I know it's fattening, but I am trying to cut down on it.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 14th May 2008 at 20:39.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:51   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
We have seen a rat in there by the grill and the "chef" took a skewer and tried whacking it with no luck so he just hung the skewer back on the line to be loaded up with 'katti".
Are you serious?? Oh damn!!! That just changed my whole perspective of the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
To put it in perspective, Fanoos used to be hugely popular in the 90s. GSHA and I were regulars in the mid 90s and I'm pretty sure Nitin also was.

Everybody has their old favourites whether it is a sophisticated restaurant or a roadside tea shop serving great short eats. Unless someone posts the current scenario, how would the others know about it?

Bangalore old timers, there used to be a family pub on Brigade Road called Rest House (hope I got the name right). Quiet place, sofas to lounge in, no loud people / music. Are there any places like that now?
So true,hrag (Raghava,I presume?). There are so many small eateries that everyone could think of,that used to be favorite hangout places. Fanoos was one of them. There used to be Sandarshini, opposite FAPS on Cambridge Rd. Another good place!
About the pub, I've been there once,I believe. For some reason,I thought that Guzzlers was the family pub on Church Street-Rest House Road. We used to hang around there all the time.
[ For old time sake,I remember the park there. Gaanja park! ]
Old 15th May 2008, 18:11   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Same here,but until 2002.
Everytime I visit B'lore,I make it a point to go there & have those yummy rolls to my heart's content (or stomach's content,if I may say so).

OT: Not sure how many BHPians (on Orkut) are part of the Fanoos community.
Man, Fanoos just ROCKS. We used to travel all the way fron Nagarbhavi (Vijaynagar) in my college days on a rickety Kinetic Honda just to hog the Rambos, Shambos and all that jazz, and of course, the shawarama rolls!
Old 21st May 2008, 16:09   #366
BANNED

Went to South Indies for lunch today. 250 for the buffet. Food is quite good, variety is too little and the menu seems a little confused (a mix of the 4 Southern states' cuisine - which don't gel together really). The positioning of the dishes could also be better - where would you serve yourself ghee first and then steamed rice at the end of the table?

They proudly display an award for best restaurant or something similar - the award is from the Times of India.
Old 21st May 2008, 16:34   #367
Senior - BHPian

^^ I had gone to South Indies a few months back. Three people 2 or 3 starters and a couple of dishes for the main course , the bill crossed 1k :( no alcohol , no non veg . My first and last visit there. The food was just about avg.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:51   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

I hated that place !! I posted abt South Indies on just abt every other forum I am a member of except t-bhp

buffet on Sunday was 260 and it was stupid. If I wanted that sort of food, I'd just go to my aunt's house and she would cook the same food at a fraction of the cost and it would taste much better.

On the other hand, I would never eat South Indian food if it was my choice.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:06   #369
BHPian

New place

Hi friends

Here is a place i can suggest.

The name of the place is Spice Up Restaurant in JP Nagar 2 phase (Near JP Nagar Slum or VET college).

Most of the dishes are chinese.
You also get the advantage of car service.

After dark in the evening, can get food and an added advantage of liquor in car till 10.30

Please lemme know if you need more details of the place.

You can also PM me for the same.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:33   #370
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday had been to COASTAL EXPRESS near shivananda circle.
Had Prawn ghee roast, Anjal fry, Bangada Masala with neer dosa n aappam...
Enjoyed every bit of anjal , prawns ... Bangada masala was just ok
Old 18th June 2008, 14:58   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yesterday had been to COASTAL EXPRESS near shivananda circle.
Had Prawn ghee roast, Anjal fry, Bangada Masala with neer dosa n aappam...
Enjoyed every bit of anjal , prawns ... Bangada masala was just ok

Hey where exactly is this place near shivananda circle?
Old 18th June 2008, 15:56   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey where exactly is this place near shivananda circle?
Just before the signal.
If you are coming from sheshadripuram(coffeeday side), it's towards your left before the signal. If from Race bangalore turf club then it's towards your right side after the signal . It's in 1st n 2nd floor
Old 18th June 2008, 16:04   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Just before the signal.
If you are coming from sheshadripuram(coffeeday side), it's towards your left before the signal. If from Race bangalore turf club then it's towards your right side after the signal . It's in 1st n 2nd floor

thanks for the info friend...we can eat some different kind of food now
Old 18th June 2008, 19:03   #374
BHPian

[quote=[B]Nitin:[/b]

Sir,

Strikes a chord to hear you talk of Fanoos, Gaanja Park etc. I suspect I predate you because I know Fanoos from the 80's. SSSssh- don't tell anyone. And my school being up the road from Gaanja Park left me nurse the notion twas a 'local' moniker.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:29   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
thanks for the info friend...we can eat some different kind of food now
there are three seafood places in that vicinity..

one is this coastal express. good value for money.. but dinner time it has got pub-like ambiance so not recommended for families.

2nd is Sana Dige (spell?) which is part of an hotel called Gold Finch.. more expensive than coastal express.. definitely much better ambiance.. semi-outdoor like place.

and then there is another place called Harbor i think.. it is apparently owned by Malayalam movie star Mohanlal which is part an hotel called 37-Crescent.. or is it 39-Crescent. sort of expensive and upmarket.

Most Viewed