Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:18   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
anyone tried the KFC in jaynagar, is it as good as the others?
I tried it for the first time last week and it was like the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
U meant "as bad as the others", right?
Last time i went to KFC in Forum, it was stinking so bad i couldnt stand there for even a minute.
Are you vegeterian ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
LOL even I was wondering on which planet is KFC "good"
We have been going to KFC reasonably regularly, primarily because my son likes that chicken but in my opinion KFC has the best chicken burger (zinger) among all the fast food joints, at least in bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
RedRage, Where is it?
If you are coming from cool joint (IV block) towards JP nagar, it is to your left, probably a couple of hundred meters from cool joint.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:02   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
...If you are coming from cool joint (IV block) towards JP nagar, it is to your left, probably a couple of hundred meters from cool joint.
Thanks for the direction HondaDude!
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:04   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

KFC is strictly ok. Only the Zinger burger is worth buying IMHO. Even that is overpriced. I would rather get stuff from Pizza Port or EVEN McDonalds.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:25   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
KFC is strictly ok. Only the Zinger burg er is worth buying IMHO. Even that is overpriced. I would rather get stuff from Pizza Port or EVEN McDonalds.
It is a matter of taste obviously. We prefer Zinger to McD any day .

Never tried Pizza Port. Where is it ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:38   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

It's in Koramangala and MG Road(Mittal towers)
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:40   #411
BHPian

Quote:
LOL even I was wondering on which planet is KFC "good"
and talk about the PizzaHut service in Forum. I went there couple of days ago the guy who was serving us literally threw the plates at us. He was also kind enough to serve the pizza over the cutleries
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:59   #412
Senior - BHPian

Heyyy, what do you people have against KFC? I like their burgers. Zingers are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
and talk about the PizzaHut service in Forum. I went there couple of days ago the guy who was serving us literally threw the plates at us. He was also kind enough to serve the pizza over the cutleries
Talk to the manager. All the Tricon franchisees take customer service very seriously.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:44   #413
BHPian

Kfc is absolutely fine for its chicken and burgers.

There is one more in HAL(not sure about the place),HSR Layout sector-1,Madiwala called BFC(Big Boy Fried Chicken). They have almost the same menu of KFC and the food is really good and equal to KFC.Again its a multicusine restarunt too serving good food.I have been to the HSR Layout branch only.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:49   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Heyyy, what do you people have against KFC? I like their burgers. Zingers are the best.

Talk to the manager. All the Tricon franchisees take customer service very seriously.
i was rushing to a Movie at PVR so didn't get a chance to talk to the Manager however i wrote a big 0 in the tip space of the credit card slip, the least i could do.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:16   #415
Senior - BHPian

Going to KFC for a burger is like going to China and eating a pizza.

I gave KFC a fair number of chances to serve me chicken that doesnt taste as if its been re-heated n number of times. But everytime they disappointed me. I gave up finally. Maybe i expected them to serve the same quality chicken that they serve in US (not that that is mindblowing either, but its definitely a few notches above what they serve here)

I'll take tandoori chicken from my friendly neighborhood dhaba any day over KFC.

Last edited by amitoj : 24th June 2008 at 12:17.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:25   #416
BHPian

Kfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Going to KFC for a burger is like going to China and eating a pizza.

I gave KFC a fair number of chances to serve me chicken that doesnt taste as if its been re-heated n number of times. But everytime they disappointed me. I gave up finally. Maybe i expected them to serve the same quality chicken that they serve in US (not that that is mindblowing either, but its definitely a few notches above what they serve here)

I'll take tandoori chicken from my friendly neighborhood dhaba any day over KFC.

Dude, I've had KFC in 9 different countries & KFC tastes same allover. This's the first time I'm hearing a different version.

Maybe you were served old / stale stuff by the outlet where you had.

I always get the fresh stuff, even if it means a few minutes wait, after ordering. They always comply.

KFC rocks
cheers:
Old 24th June 2008, 12:33   #417
Team-BHP Support

Best burger among the Fast food joints???
Well the correct terminology should be "The most tolerable",
This is the first time I have heard fast food being called good food.
Of course, when you gotta grab a fast bite and make a quick in and out, its KFC or the likes, but good food it is not.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:41   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post

Dude, I've had KFC in 9 different countries & KFC tastes same allover. This's the first time I'm hearing a different version.

Maybe you were served old / stale stuff by the outlet where you had.

I always get the fresh stuff, even if it means a few minutes wait, after ordering. They always comply.
I am not quoting a one off instance here. And why does one need to ask for fresh stuff?
And if i was served the stale stuff everytime i went there, then i have valid reasons for disliking KFC and rubbishing it. Dont i?

And maybe i have hypersensitive taste buds so i am able to figure out the difference in the taste, specially in that of the original recipe.

But, if you like 'em, go get 'em!
Old 24th June 2008, 12:50   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Best burger among the Fast food joints???
Well the correct terminology should be "The most tolerable",
This is the first time I have heard fast food being called good food.
Of course, when you gotta grab a fast bite and make a quick in and out, its KFC or the likes, but good food it is not.
Burger by definition is fast food. According to you burgers are crap. :

I love burgers in Pizza Port. Burger Kind is also really good. Maybe it's because I rarely get to eat Burger King, but I enjoy it usually. In some places, they put ketchup and man, it sucks!!

Abroad, you go to McDonalds and they put ketchup in EVERY burger!! I hate it. Luckily, in India they dont do that. McDonalds is also good VFM. It may not be the greatest burger in the world, but stuff from there is very good for the price you pay. The McChicken and the Fillet O Fish are my favourites.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:03   #420
Team-BHP Support

Well overall, all burgers are nonsensical, however if you are looking from a taste point of view, there are lesser known chains like In&Out, Red Robin etc., in the US where they serve very very tasty, albeit very very unhealthy burgers.
They are not really fast food either, because unlike McDonalds etc., where you get a burger in a minute here it takes quite a few minutes, because these chains do not believe in "Frozen food".
Even the potatoes are freshly cut each day
If you really want to get off Mcdonalds watch the movie "Supersize me"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks