Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 12:56   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
...- anyway- sadly- I could eat only 52 King prawns (I counted!) ...
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if BBQ Nation shut shop soon!

But how do they do this? 52 King prawns - don't they by themselves cost more than Rs 350???

(Using this count just for reference and not because of our Ascertain's record. )
Old 30th December 2008, 13:03   #557
Senior - BHPian

Brahmin's cafe is really good for Idli's. But I have never liked their coffee.
Another place to enjoy your Idli is SLV corner near Gandhibaazar & SLV at Padmanabhnagar.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:19   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Brahmin's cafe is really good for Idli's. But I have never liked their coffee.
Another place to enjoy your Idli is SLV corner near Gandhibaazar & SLV at Padmanabhnagar.
Hi Sushrutha,

Can you provide some pointers to where exactly is SLV in padmanabha nagar.
Old 30th December 2008, 15:54   #559
BHPian

Heh heh - Yes Happy wheels- I went in at around 9:25 PM (called ahead and booked). Me and my buddy (He isn't a great eater though!) The waiter came and explained the process of BBQ, and we started off!- The usual meal dampener question came up -"Do you need any soup sir?" . Soup?? at BBQ nation? are you crazy?.Man!- I came here for the meaties!

Friends- the account that follows is true unto the last word!
pay heed!

Anyway, 30 kebabs later (Six pieces on a spike), I had just loosened my belt a bit..when wham!- there comes the seafood!. Cocktail of emotions overflowing- I rolled up my sleeves for the task ahead. My buddy was groaning on the chair nearby, patting his tummy and sighing, but not me!. 12 fish kebabs later, they brought in the prawns.

I must confess that at this time, The emotional cocktail was brimming with joy, so I closed my eyes, thanked the first member of the homo sapiens who discovered that prawns could be eaten, and started on the great journey, which took me all the way upto 52 king prawns.

Having done this, I spared a moment of thought , closed my eyes in respect to all the other dishes that I couldn't do justice to.

At this moment, I saw a waiters conclave, along with the manager- near the kitchen door. Two of them were giving furtive glances in our direction. I distinctly remember the waiters face wince as I held up my hand beckoning him for another set of prawns. He came.. a broken man!- assured me that the prawns were indeed over in the kitchen. He tried in vain to bolster up my spirits, with a "there ,there!" , but I could not be consoled.

I looked to the opposite chair, and my friend was positively beaming!. " I should really bring you to more of such places!- you are the only one I know of, who gets bang for his buck, if not more!" . Soothing words, but didn't do me any good - wait a moment!- did I just smell Vanilla ice cream and gulab jamoons?.

Ok- so finally after another 5 Jamoons and Dollops of ice cream, The waiters gave me a guard of honour.My friend helped me to the car.Then ran back to get my waist belt, which bore testimony to the greatest epic of all time at BBQ nation.

Now I'm just waiting for January 11th 2009 (Take a note my friends!), when me and another foodie buddy (This guy can beat me hands down!) visit our dear BBQ Nation again. So if any of you do want to join in, and watch the spectacle of your lives- do join us.. and let justice be done!
Old 30th December 2008, 17:49   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heh heh - Yes Happy wheels- I went in at around 9:25 PM (called ahead and booked). Me and my buddy (He isn't a great eater though!) The waiter came and explained the process of BBQ, and we started off!- The usual meal dampener question came up -"Do you need any soup sir?" . Soup?? at BBQ nation? are you crazy?.Man!- I came here for the meaties!

Friends- the account that follows is true unto the last word!
pay heed!

Anyway, 30 kebabs later (Six pieces on a spike), I had just loosened my belt a bit..when wham!- there comes the seafood!. Cocktail of emotions overflowing- I rolled up my sleeves for the task ahead. My buddy was groaning on the chair nearby, patting his tummy and sighing, but not me!. 12 fish kebabs later, they brought in the prawns.

I must confess that at this time, The emotional cocktail was brimming with joy, so I closed my eyes, thanked the first member of the homo sapiens who discovered that prawns could be eaten, and started on the great journey, which took me all the way upto 52 king prawns.

Having done this, I spared a moment of thought , closed my eyes in respect to all the other dishes that I couldn't do justice to.

At this moment, I saw a waiters conclave, along with the manager- near the kitchen door. Two of them were giving furtive glances in our direction. I distinctly remember the waiters face wince as I held up my hand beckoning him for another set of prawns. He came.. a broken man!- assured me that the prawns were indeed over in the kitchen. He tried in vain to bolster up my spirits, with a "there ,there!" , but I could not be consoled.

I looked to the opposite chair, and my friend was positively beaming!. " I should really bring you to more of such places!- you are the only one I know of, who gets bang for his buck, if not more!" . Soothing words, but didn't do me any good - wait a moment!- did I just smell Vanilla ice cream and gulab jamoons?.

Ok- so finally after another 5 Jamoons and Dollops of ice cream, The waiters gave me a guard of honour.My friend helped me to the car.Then ran back to get my waist belt, which bore testimony to the greatest epic of all time at BBQ nation.

Now I'm just waiting for January 11th 2009 (Take a note my friends!), when me and another foodie buddy (This guy can beat me hands down!) visit our dear BBQ Nation again. So if any of you do want to join in, and watch the spectacle of your lives- do join us.. and let justice be done!
Oh boy!! I wish I could be there on Jan 11th. But I doubt it.

I will definitely try to make it though. History might be made that day!!
Old 30th December 2008, 18:09   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Went to the Brahmin's Cafe in Sankarapuram near Chamrajpet. The last time I went there was a couple of years back when in college. Took my wife along on Monday morning for breakfast. The small little place was crowded as always. Having the best idlis (without doubt!) with the spicy chutney brought back old memories of college days. Was surprised to see a plate of idli/vada priced at Rs.21!! But then you are having the best idlis in town. The chutney is to die for. Really good. The Khara bath is also well known at this place.
That place is just a stones throw from where i live. These guys throw up so much attitude that i have stopped going there. Once saw the fellow on the counter throwing money on a customer . Another reason i give this place a miss is that dont serve sambar without which i cant enjoy my idlis.

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this, Kabab Magic near south end circle has nice shawarma rolls and grilled chicken. I also like the grape juice there, they put peeled grapes in juice which floats in the juice.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:18   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
That place is just a stones throw from where i live. These guys throw up so much attitude that i have stopped going there. Once saw the fellow on the counter throwing money on a customer . Another reason i give this place a miss is that dont serve sambar without which i cant enjoy my idlis.

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this, Kabab Magic near south end circle has nice shawarma rolls and grilled chicken. I also like the grape juice there, they put peeled grapes in juice which floats in the juice.
Kabab MAgic is simply superb. That is one of my all time favourite joints. I dont have the grape juice though. I love the tikka rolls and the shawarma rolls. They are not authentic, but I dont like the authentic stuff oyu get in Empire. I prefer the roomali roti types in Kabab Magic.

Sad part is the Kabab Magic in Jayanagar 9th block is quite sad.
Old 31st December 2008, 02:25   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Kabab MAgic is simply superb. That is one of my all time favourite joints. I dont have the grape juice though. I love the tikka rolls and the shawarma rolls. They are not authentic, but I dont like the authentic stuff oyu get in Empire. I prefer the roomali roti types in Kabab Magic.

Sad part is the Kabab Magic in Jayanagar 9th block is quite sad.
I stay close to Kormangala Kabab Magic and I have been eating shawarma rolls there for the last 4 years, simply superb shawarma with rumali roti. As Nikhil said they are not authentic, the chicken and mayonnaise tastes different than the normal authentic ones, no tomatoes, a little piece of carrot and chilly in it and lots of onions :-)
Old 31st December 2008, 07:14   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Now I'm just waiting for January 11th 2009 (Take a note my friends!), when me and another foodie buddy (This guy can beat me hands down!) visit our dear BBQ Nation again...
If anyone from BBQ Nation is here at T-BHP or comes to know this intention of yours, I think they might just declare a 'Crisis Shutdown'!

On a serious note, this is the kind of justice that needs to be done at a buffet! Maybe we can meet up when I am back home and have another go at BBQ Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
... Dont know if anyone has mentioned this, Kabab Magic near south end circle has nice shawarma rolls and grilled chicken...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
...I love the tikka rolls and the shawarma rolls. They are not authentic,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I stay close to Kormangala Kabab Magic and I have been eating shawarma rolls there for the last 4 years, simply superb shawarma with rumali roti. As Nikhil said they are not authentic, the chicken and mayonnaise tastes different than the normal authentic ones, no tomatoes, a little piece of carrot and chilly in it and lots of onions :-)
I used to work for a company close to Kabab Magic and it was a regular routine for me to carry back some shawarma's on the way back home! Yes, they are good and they have been customized with romali roti's and the carrot (!!!). Never had a chilli in mine though. But hey, they taste good!
Old 31st December 2008, 11:06   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Hi Sushrutha,

Can you provide some pointers to where exactly is SLV in padmanabha nagar.
Just after Padmanabhanagar last bus stop. It's a small hotel(darshini), just next to it is ICE Cafe
Old 31st December 2008, 12:37   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Never had a chilli in mine though. But hey, they taste good!
Yeah before it was a piece of carrot and cucumber, now its carrot and chilly!
Old 31st December 2008, 13:54   #567
BANNED

My all time best:

Bobby's Dhaba--The best place to eat punjabi food and that too at a steal deal price.

Bhramins Cafe--Best place for Coffee and idlis.

Vidhyarthi Bhavan--Basavanagudi, The only place serving "THE BEST" Dosa's on earth.

Raaga--- CMH Road, Nice Ghost Biriyani eaten so far.

Nalapaka-- Near Vijayanagar, Best North Karnataka Meals ever available.
Old 31st December 2008, 14:42   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Where is this ? I would love to try it out.
Old 31st December 2008, 14:58   #569
BHPian

Quote:

Is there a nalapaka near vijayanagar also. I thought nalapaka was near navarang theatre Rajkumar road.
Old 6th January 2009, 20:43   #570
BHPian

Quote:
My all time best:

Vidhyarthi Bhavan--Basavanagudi, The only place serving "THE BEST" Dosa's on earth.
I second you on that one. Awesome Dosas - so tempting that I could never stop at one.

I hardly get to visit that part of Bangalore now. Just wish it was somewhere on my way to office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks