Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 14:21   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Last week I went to OMR Indijoe for team lunch. Food was excellent. Ambience was also excellent and well designed restaurant I must say. Buffet cost was Rs. 199 per plate.

Food is mixed Indian and Continental so it would be something IndiConti food.

Anuj, where exactly does this place come?
thank you
Old 31st July 2008, 14:27   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
Anuj, where exactly does this place come?
thank you
Old Madras Road.Its in RMZ infinity a huge tech park,on your left about 400 metres after big bazaar.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:30   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Banjara on Cunningham Road below Pizza hut is really good. The food is very nice as well as the service and prices are also reasonable.

Vid, Do they have buffet also ? Planning to visit it once.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:47   #484
BHPian

Went to "The Only Place" for lunch today. Ordered a medium Chateaubriand Supreme steak with some fries. I must say it was excellent and probably the best I had in India so far. Not very cheap though at about Rs400, put together.
Old 6th September 2008, 15:53   #485
Team-BHP Support

Ramadan Kareem, everyone!

Any pointers as to places where i can get haleem in Bangalore?
I am not referring to expensive places like 'Hyderabad House', but small shops where i can get the same.
Old 6th September 2008, 16:07   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Went to "The Only Place" for lunch today. Ordered a medium Chateaubriand Supreme steak with some fries. I must say it was excellent
Appu do try out Millers 46 (expensive) and Windsor Pub (affordable) and let me know what you think!

Only Place has deteriorated really really badly :(
Old 7th September 2008, 00:40   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hey team, which is the best hotel in Bangalore for having candle light dinner? Price no issue, but the hospitality should be really great. When I was checking for the best place heard about Leela’s, I have never been to dinner over there but have had a breakfast; I love the pool side area. If you know any other place please let me know.
If it's romance and quality food you are looking for in fabulous surroundings, nothing beats Grasshopper on bannerghatta road. Seven course meal, 4 hours, simply fantastic. They cater to a very limited crowd of about 25 - 30 at night and are not open for lunch. Everything about it screams gourmet!!!

If that is not your cup of tea, try blue ginger at the taj west end, olive beach (fantastic ambience and food). I assume this is a date you are going on, in which case these places would definitely set the mood.

Seperately, I recommend the south indian food at Dakshin (Windsor Manor), all the food at Windsor Pub, Orange Peel (where Zync used to be), VFM european food at The Ugly Duckling (5th Floor, Sona Towers, Millers Road, opposite the Jamo showroom), beef chops at Fanoos, japanese food at Zen and Harima, all the food at Olive Beach (Castle street), steaks at Millers 46 (the best).

In the last week I chanced upon a little joint called Madhava Idli something that serves up the best small idli's and vadas I have had in a while. 2 types of chutney and sambar all in the plate. To find this place, make a left before TGIF and go down that road for about a kilometre and you should find it on your right. For those that are willing to drive to city market area at night, you will not get tastier dosa's and hot jalebi's anywhere. Be warned, by regular dosa standards it can be expensive, but that taste is something else.

Spiga (when they were open) did a great oreo cheese cake but for desserts I believe the selection is between Sunny's, Olive, Herbs & Spices and Hatworks Boulevard. Unless you want gelato, in which case the best of the lot is the gelato store at Sigma mall on Cunningham road. The others try but are not as good. For old times sake though, the chocolate nut sundae at Lakeview is still terrific. Corner house is a little too sweet and not sufficiently creamy for my liking.

Other favourites are Nandhini (chilli chicken, mutton pepper dry), Kudla, Queens, Kabab corner, Poly nation, Beijing Bites, Koshy's, Empire, Raj Pavillion, Only place, Tai Tai, Sikandar, Samarkhand, and so many more I can't remember right now.

Last edited by kartikkumar : 7th September 2008 at 00:56. Reason: Omissions aplenty!
Old 7th September 2008, 02:14   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
...Grasshopper...blue ginger...Dakshin (Windsor Manor), all the food at Windsor Pub, Orange Peel (where Zync used to be), VFM european food at The Ugly Duckling (5th Floor, Sona Towers, Millers Road, opposite the Jamo showroom), beef chops at Fanoos, japanese food at Zen and Harima, all the food at Olive Beach (Castle street), steaks at Millers 46 (the best).
...Nandhini (chilli chicken, mutton pepper dry), Kudla, Queens, Kabab corner, Poly nation, Beijing Bites, Koshy's, Empire, Raj Pavillion, Only place, Tai Tai, Sikandar, Samarkhand, and so many more I can't remember right now.
My gawd Kartik, we should hang out more often! That is, if you're not always at Opus or protesting on MG Rd!

BTW, have to agree with almost everything you've said, except Hatworks Blvd -- Fresco's -- tends to have desserts that are a bit past their prime somedays of the week.
Old 7th September 2008, 06:45   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
My gawd Kartik, we should hang out more often! That is, if you're not always at Opus or protesting on MG Rd!

BTW, have to agree with almost everything you've said, except Hatworks Blvd -- Fresco's -- tends to have desserts that are a bit past their prime somedays of the week.
Hold on!! Were you at the protest or did you see me there or did someone tell you about it or did you see facebook pictures? I am intrigued and request you to clear that up please. As for Opus, it was one Sunday in a long time and I was there for O-Show.

Will agree with you on the desserts at Hatworks. My information is over 6 months old and I stopped going there primarily on account of the deplorable service and average food. Even then, you had to be lucky to get a fresh dessert.

And we certainly ought to hang out more...only worry being a waistline that will expand much too fast. Let me know when you guys head out the next time. Cheers!
Old 7th September 2008, 23:13   #490
Senior - BHPian

Hamaare jasoos charon taraf phaile hue hain!

Will save the details for when we next meet.
Old 10th September 2008, 15:55   #491
BANNED

Had been to Kamat Yatrinivas at Gandhi Nagar last Sunday for North Karnataka meals (4th floor). A steal at Rs.100 for unlimited fantastic food.

Tried out "The Mood Bar" at RMZ Infinity, OMR on Monday - weird ambience with lights changing colour every few seconds, which gets annoying after a while. Horrible side eats - the French fries and Drums of heaven (chicken) were so oily. Drinks were good and prices were reasonable. This is a true drinks-only kind of place if you like weird lighting.

Anyway, thanks to the oily snacks, gave up after the first round and headed straight to Indijoe's, which is a great place. Am almost a regular at OMR Indijoe's on Mondays.

So, Hyderabadi Biriyani is the best place in Bangalore for biriyanis? What are my options for great (I mean fantastic) biriyani near Majestic?
Old 10th September 2008, 15:57   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
What are my options for great (I mean fantastic) biriyani near Majestic?
Try out Hotel Navayuga, the biriyani is simply superb.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:26   #493
BHPian

Quote:

So, Hyderabadi Biriyani is the best place in Bangalore for biriyanis? What are my options for great (I mean fantastic) biriyani near Majestic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
Try out Hotel Navayuga, the biriyani is simply superb.

Try dhonne biryani opp to chickpet police station you will never regret and you will never get addicted to that place
Old 10th September 2008, 22:32   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had been to Kamat Yatrinivas at Gandhi Nagar last Sunday for North Karnataka meals (4th floor). A steal at Rs.100 for unlimited fantastic food.
If you like North Karnataka food, try Nalapak near Navrang theatre. Thats the best North Karnataka food I've had in Bangalore. Its close to the Khanavali food you get in Dharwad-Hubli-Bagalkot. The yanagai pallya, nuggikai saaru, shenga hindi, guralla pudi and bishi bishi rotti. Too good. Costs only 75/-. But ambience is not really good.

You also get girmit and mirchi in the evening. You get great vaggarni avalakki in the morning.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 10th September 2008 at 22:37.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:56   #495
BANNED

Check out Onyx Bar at Savannah Sarovar Hotel, Whitefield Main Road (NH207) yesterday. Happy hours until 7 pm - choice of Buy 1 Get 1 free OR a drink for Rs.99 - valid only on beer (no draught available) or IMFL whisky. A pint costs 125 (you get 2 mini bottles when you order one).

Very quiet bar, little or no music, good if you want to have conversation and that alone. The restaurant is on the first floor and the bar is barely separated and a few steps lower than the restaurant. Snacks are good, priced slightly high (french fries for 90 and lamb kebab for 189).

Anyone tried Watering Hole / Peppers at Salarpuria (next to ITPL)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks