Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 12:09   #541
BANNED

Afternoon is buffet only and I haven't heard great reviews about their buffet.
Evenings is when one can enjoy happy hours (upto 8 pm) and order a la carte. As long as you place your drinks order before 8 pm, the happy hours (1+1) rates apply. I call before 8 and place my order so often and then land up around 9 pm.

Tell you what, let's catch up one of these evenings at Indijoe's OMR if its not too far for you.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:33   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Bobby da dhaba has changed it's location from the Gurudwara to ulsoor near foto flash. Last time I went there were boards informing of new address.

Also has anyone tried Shankar Bhel house on wheelers road near frazer town. Went there this weekend and this place is super crowded and the bhel puri is really yummy. It's a road side chaat joint. I read an article about the place in times of india and decided to check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
where near Foto Flash ? towards Lakeside Hospital? Metro Cabs/ Bengali assoc, or towards the MEG center ?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I'm still trying to find out. Still haven't gone to the new location. Will let others know when I do go. It just says near foto flash ulsoor lake.
Maharaj,

Bobby da dhaba is still next to Gurudwara. He's having problems getting licence for the new location.

It will be next to foto flash towards lakeside.

cheers to matta
cheers:
Old 19th November 2008, 23:49   #543
BANNED

Beach on 100 ft road Indira Nagar (next to the Park Avenue showroom) is a nice, no nonsense watering hole. Happy Hours (1+1) on Tuesdays upto 11 pm. There is a DJ etc. for those interested and this section can seat more than 30. Thank you, fellow prawn lover, for showing us the light.

Last edited by hrag : 19th November 2008 at 23:51.
Old 20th November 2008, 01:51   #544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Maharaj,

Bobby da dhaba is still next to Gurudwara. He's having problems getting licence for the new location.

It will be next to foto flash towards lakeside.

cheers to matta
cheers:
Oh ok. Last I went there he told me he will move after Diwali.

Oh yumm, yes cheers to the matha, amazingly delicious.
Old 20th November 2008, 01:58   #545
Team-BHP Support

I recently ate at ginseng. Great chinese food.
Its at Park Plaza behind Diamond district.
Earlier they had "limelight" of which I was not really a fan due to bland food
Old 20th November 2008, 11:31   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I recently ate at ginseng. Great chinese food.
Its at Park Plaza behind Diamond district.
Earlier they had "limelight" of which I was not really a fan due to bland food
Aargh, the dune-basher was in town and we didnt know about it!

TSK, the hotel would be Royal Orchid Park Plaza ? Did you goto Geoffery's next door ? and did u get a glimpse of the RR parked there ?

cheers!
Srini
Old 20th November 2008, 11:34   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Aargh, the dune-basher was in town and we didnt know about it!

TSK, the hotel would be Royal Orchid Park Plaza ? Did you goto Geoffery's next door ? and did u get a glimpse of the RR parked there ?

cheers!
Srini
It was a 1 day dash guys, so no chance of any meet or something.
Next if I come definitely will inform well in advance.
As for Geoffreys, yup have spent many a sloshed saturdays there. I was in BLR for 4 years(till 2005 mid).
As for the RR well yup, saw that, and also saw a Land Rover
Old 20th November 2008, 12:15   #548
BHPian

Agree with you TSK, Ginseng is pretty good and probably as expensive as most other star hotel resturants. I went there about 1 month ago and my impression is that the place is nice, the service is good and the food is also pretty good. Would recommend this place.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:25   #549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Beach on 100 ft road Indira Nagar (next to the Park Avenue showroom) is a nice, no nonsense watering hole. Happy Hours (1+1) on Tuesdays upto 11 pm. There is a DJ etc. for those interested and this section can seat more than 30. Thank you, fellow prawn lover, for showing us the light.
Happy Hours (1+1) on Tuesdays now only upto 9:30 pm, as discovered last night.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:40   #550
BHPian

Went to the new Indian resturant called Khansama in UB city. Place is huge and I mean HUGE. It can seat maybe 100-150 people. The decor is pretty decent but has some unrelated themes chucked in for good measure.

Food - Starters were good, but the main course was not up to the mark. The chicken biryani was actually filled with garam masala and chillies, killing all the other flavours, if there were any. Desert was fine.

Overall ok place.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:50   #551
BHPian

Went to the new Indian resturant called Khansama in UB city. Place is huge and I mean HUGE. It can seat maybe 100-150 people. The decor is pretty decent but has some unrelated themes chucked in for good measure.

Food - Starters were good, but the main course was not up to the mark. The chicken biryani was actually filled with garam masala and chillies, killing all the other flavours, if there were any. Desert was fine.

Overall ok place.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:52   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

Overall ok place.
I had gone there last month. This is a part of the BJN group and I love most of their resturants. The food was good and the quantities sufficient for 2 people. The liquor prices are typical BJN, on the higher side. Good ambience and great service.
Being in UB city, almost 50% of the people there were foreigners.

Last edited by sammyboy : 10th December 2008 at 17:53.
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:36   #553
BANNED

Rasa at Malleshwaram, 1st cross, off Sampige Road, is a lovely place for dinner, as I discovered after the Sarjapura OTR, thanks to Hari. Drinks priced very reasonably and the food is great.

Rasa offers a driver (at a charge) to drop you back home if you've had a little too much to drink.
Old 30th December 2008, 01:31   #554
BHPian

Went to the Brahmin's Cafe in Sankarapuram near Chamrajpet. The last time I went there was a couple of years back when in college. Took my wife along on Monday morning for breakfast. The small little place was crowded as always. Having the best idlis (without doubt!) with the spicy chutney brought back old memories of college days. Was surprised to see a plate of idli/vada priced at Rs.21!! But then you are having the best idlis in town. The chutney is to die for. Really good. The Khara bath is also well known at this place.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:30   #555
BHPian

Barbecue Nation

There are 3 BBQ nation outlets in bangalore- all doing well. Buffet , Unlimited starters for 350 Rs. It's Heaven!
I went to the one nr. Domlur Flyover (Opposite to Mainland china), and that too-after an afternoon meal skip - so was ready to get the maximum out of the bucks.
Made the mistake of starting off with the mutton and chicken starters, rather than heading off to the seafood (prawns & fish - my all time favourites) because by the time these arrived, my tummy was quarter full - anyway- sadly- I could eat only 52 King prawns (I counted!) .
Dont bother with the buffet main course- starters are enough to make your day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks