Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 11:48   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I feel that place still exists.. I had been there last year
Nope. there is a Reliance Capital office in that premises now.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:28   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Any idea what happened to Kadambam in Jayanagar, near HSBC ?
its moved to opposite of Ramakrishna ashram, basavanagudi... diagonally opposite.. ask anybody near the ashram they will direct you to Kadamba..

still has the best finger licking puliogare, sweet pongal & classic coffee...

one more question for Vegetarions

where do i get best Gujarati/Rajastani food in bangalore.. ya it has to be clean as well.. no need of good service.. i am used to MTR..

Last edited by sanjaymugur : 17th July 2008 at 12:30.
Old 17th July 2008, 14:31   #468
BHPian

Has anyone tried The Nawab in Hotel Solitaire, Kumara Krupa Road near Race course? How is the food there?
Old 17th July 2008, 15:18   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
its moved to opposite of Ramakrishna ashram, basavanagudi... diagonally opposite.. ask anybody near the ashram they will direct you to Kadamba..

still has the best finger licking puliogare, sweet pongal & classic coffee...

one more question for Vegetarions

where do i get best Gujarati/Rajastani food in bangalore.. ya it has to be clean as well.. no need of good service.. i am used to MTR..
Gujarati Thali at Sukh Sagar near Majestic.
Alternately at Zaika in Koramangala Raheja Arcade - Sundays.

Rajasthani Food. Hmmm some of the Food courts - Garuda Mall ?? have some counters. Dont know if there is any restaurant offering this. Hotel Nahar on St. Marks used to have a restaurant offering Rajasthani food. Not sure if its still there.
Old 17th July 2008, 15:31   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I have recently been to a new restaurant called flambe near outer ring road/Bellandur area. Food was excellent with good ambience. Pricing is a bit on the higher side, but the quality of food makes up for it. They serve quite a good variety of global cuisine. See the link below for details

...: Welcome to FLAMBE :... A casual fine dining restaurant.
I had been to this place last weekend, food was very good but the service sucked big time. It looked like they are terribly under-staffed, there were 3 guys serving about 20-25 tables and they were running like mad.

It's kind of weird, they do home deliveries and call themselves as fine dining restaurant. Is it normal?
Old 17th July 2008, 16:12   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Has anyone tried The Nawab in Hotel Solitaire, Kumara Krupa Road near Race course? How is the food there?
My friend had been to The Nawab very recently. She said it's just OK type, I mean nothing great. I had been to "THE MINE" it's pub at solitaire
Old 30th July 2008, 16:38   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to 1947 for lunch today. It is on the ring road near Kathriguppe. Near Banashankari and Padmanabhanagar.

Food is excellent! The place is also awesome. YOu sit on the 2nd floor and if you sit near the window, you have a very nice view. Today it was raining as well and it was very pleasant. They play old Hindi songs(only instrumental) and that was nice as well.

Best part is the service. They are discreet yet very prompt. Very courteous as well. Price is reasonable considering the current state of affairs.

300/- per person with a lot of stuff leftover. No buffet. Ala Carte.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:10   #473
BHPian

Had been to Oye Amritsar on Church street over weekend.

Ambience - 6/10
They tried to re-create a dhaba ambiance, but the tables etc, could be more clean. They need not have "unwashed" seat covers for chairs to pass off the place as a dhaba.

Service - 6/10
Fair enough, but the rate they charge is of that up scale restaurants. So expected better service.

Food - 7/10
Good food. No buffet. Only a-la-carte

VFM - 6/10
Taste was good. Good choice of menu for vegetarians.

If you are ordering Lassi, order 1 for two people, and reduce on the main course order. Its "BIG"
Old 30th July 2008, 18:33   #474
Team-BHP Support

Banjara on Cunningham Road below Pizza hut is really good. The food is very nice as well as the service and prices are also reasonable.
Old 31st July 2008, 02:50   #475
BHPian

[quote=vinayvtec;904997]

I just want to make the person feel special and should enjoy the place. The person who has sent some time show some day feel that it was worth speaking time me, than saying "Oh god.. that fellow

Last edited by vinayvtec : 31st July 2008 at 02:54.
Old 31st July 2008, 08:45   #476
BANNED

Can anyone suggest a good farm/resort in South Bengaluru? My kids want to ride bicycles, and ride a pony. I want some good food(south & north), and a good beer selection. Also, if you can tell me if it makes sense to sty at the resort overnight, or make it a day trip, that would help. I had been to Jain Farms in 1997, I have not been to a farm/resort in Bengaluru since then.
-Prasadee
Old 31st July 2008, 09:16   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsatish View Post
Hi akroy n benbsb29
Indijoe on old madras road is awesome, been there thrice already as I live closeby. good ambience, interesting 'chaknas' and the best part now is, they have happy hours on booze everyday upto 9PM!!!cheers:

Last week I went to OMR Indijoe for team lunch. Food was excellent. Ambience was also excellent and well designed restaurant I must say. Buffet cost was Rs. 199 per plate.

Food is mixed Indian and Continental so it would be something IndiConti food.
Old 31st July 2008, 10:03   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Can anyone suggest a good farm/resort in South Bengaluru? My kids want to ride bicycles, and ride a pony. I want some good food(south & north), and a good beer selection. Also, if you can tell me if it makes sense to sty at the resort overnight, or make it a day trip, that would help. I had been to Jain Farms in 1997, I have not been to a farm/resort in Bengaluru since then.
-Prasadee
Why don't you try innovative film/fun city on Mysore road. it is supposed to be very good for children especially.

Search on this forum -- several threads on it exist.
Old 31st July 2008, 10:11   #479
BHPian

[quote=vinayvtec;922369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post

I just want to make the person feel special and should enjoy the place. The person who has sent some time show some day feel that it was worth speaking time me, than saying "Oh god.. that fellow

God I don’t know where the message disappeared, I was shocked by what I had posted.. I was going through the thread and I was shocked to see this. I am sorry guys.
Old 31st July 2008, 10:11   #480
BHPian

Please do check out "Mushroom" opposite koramangla bus depot. The chiken tikkas and other tandoor items are really good. A little expensive but i found the taste good there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks