Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 13:42   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Hey GreatDrive, I work in Juniper, BLR and I can vouch that except for a few teams the work atmosphere is fantastic and the pay is on par with the best. I worked in Oracle/ Wipro and know many friends who moved in from various places to Juniper. Everyone concurs with me.

Sorry for going offtopic
Sorry Santosh,

Actually what I meant was that triogoly, bangalore have a hectic work schedule.

I just mentioned the other companies to expand the list, I know that they pay better.

Some companies in Noida which pays good are
Ciena - Gurgaon
GenBand - Noida
SIrF - Noida

Lucent Blore used to be a good paymaster till sometime back, After merger with Alcatel, its no more an attractive place to work.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:55   #107
Team-BHP Support

Do Genband and SirF do any VLSI work in Noida, or just software(firmware etc.,)?
Old 16th July 2008, 13:59   #108
BHPian

I have worked with a tata co( merged with tcs now) in my post be\mba days in 98 and then with Infy . moved to IBM ( work culture -- whats that) and now with Geometric in Pune. Of these, I did not find any of them paying grand salaries for my experience or my qualification. Have been in US for @ 4 yrs and have realised that service Co employees do not get the best of salaries at the junior or even entry management levels. Its a different story in Product companies though where salaries are in the range of 1.25-1.5 times your total work experience.
kpbhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 14:11   #109
BHPian

Hello Guys, moving away from the IT industry. In the business research domain, one good paymaster is Grail Research. However the workload is immense and employees here work 15-16 hours a day regularly.

Another good paymasters in research domain are Pipal Research and RocSearch.

SmartAnalyst and Corporate Executive Board provide good working environment but comparatively poor pay packets.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:34   #110
BANNED

Pay in US: Apple leads !!

Name:  uspay.png
Views: 4061
Size:  11.2 KB

Breck’s Homepage Blog Archive Salaries at Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and 10 others
diabloo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 14:49   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
what about the list of high paying Companies in NCR ?

Thinking about switching the job these days.
I think number one paymaster in Delhi/NCR region is Cadence, located in Greater Noida. One of my friend just got an offer from them and he almost got 50% hike.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:51   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Post MBA salaries depend completely on the 'quality, brand name and relevance' of your pre-MBA work ex. e.g. if you were in banking pre MBA and want to continue in the same industry post MBA, you can expect better salary and greater demand for yourself, especially in international markets and financial hubs (e.g. Singapore).

However, many recruiters perceive MBA as 'career enhancement' program. Surveys have shown that Engineers typically pursue MBA to 'shift' their career towards marketing/finance etc. In such cases, your quality and brand name of pre-MBA work ex assumes greater importance than relevance.

Yes this is very much true. An MBA takes you further on the ladder in lesser time.
Well, you need to do a proper analysis about this "late-career MBA" thingie. I thought about this a few years back and dropped the idea after considering my personal/financial commitments.

For example, assuming one has 8 years exp and draws a salary of 12 lacs pa. He decides to go for MBA, gets into ISB Hyd (one year course). Pays 15 lacs as course fee + lost income of Rs 13 lacs (assuming a modest 1 lac increment he would have got, had he stayed back). Total cost of MBA is 28 lacs. There will be additional cost in form of interest if he took loan for studies.

Salary after MBA should help him recover this 28 lacs in minimum time, say 2-3 years, at the most. That means he should get a job that pays at least 25 lacs salary after MBA. That is roughly double of what he gets now. Note that we have not considered inflation, higher IT rates/surcharge etc. There are also risks associated with market factors such as general economy, industrial climate, job market etc which may not properly get noticed during the course time.

I would be very careful about such a decision. Of course on a longer term, especially for management positions, it may be useful. It would be ideal to complete MBA no later than 4-5 years of experience in job unless one is looking for career change and can afford a "high money drain" period lasting one year.

Last edited by appuchan : 16th July 2008 at 14:55.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:03   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
My Cousion has Completed M.S.C in IT,, he is fresher, how much he shd expect ? ( he is mumbai based ), Also another friend is Diploma Holder works as a Asst. Manaaer in Indian compnay ( I.T dept of Media company ) he is getting 6lakhs / annumn he is having 6rys exp, how much he shd expect ?
A fresher in an IT company can expect around 2L. And the someone with 6 years of exp in IT dept for a media company can expect the same salary if he wants to break into an IT firm ( IT firms are smart in this way in twisting arms using the brand image).

Else, he can expect a 15-20% raise in another media/other domain related industries.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:04   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I think number one paymaster in Delhi/NCR region is Cadence, located in Greater Noida. One of my friend just got an offer from them and he almost got 50% hike.
How much do cadence offer to people with 7 years of work experience? Any ideas.
I have seen that recruitment firms(head hunters) do not share real salary data.
When you are hunting, they usually inflate figures to make your current salary look bad.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:15   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey, what about non-IT companies. Do you think we do not work and get salaries? Your survey is biased. Why preference only IT companies?
Because he only knows IT period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
wil be looing for a change in next 2 months
Thats quite a big gap my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Cant you read thisand this...
very smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I get paid no salary at all. They feed me instead.
Thats nice to hear. Atleast you dont have a major worry of being fed the rest of your life.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Do Genband and SirF do any VLSI work in Noida, or just software(firmware etc.,)?
Genband( previouly Baypackets) is in telecom and was into software development (NMS, EMS).
SirF , Noida is in Embedded software development as well as EMS development.

Ericsson Gurgaon pays very good for presales managers.
RBS Gurgaon is another place where salaries are good.

I think ST, freescale & cadance in Noida are no more into top paying companies.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
When you are hunting, they usually inflate figures to make your current salary look bad.

Don't know about Cadence but Broadcom in Bangalore pays 8Lakhs for 3 years experience and 12 for 5 years experience guys!

Ramki.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer,
The offer depends on your current package. My friend, who got the offer, has 7 years of experience and his current package is around 15 Lakhs.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:11   #119
Team-BHP Support

So you are telling me that your friend has 7 years work ex, was getting 15L/annum, and cadence have offered him 40% more??
Is he a B.Tech?
Old 16th July 2008, 16:12   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Tanveer,
The offer depends on your current package. My friend, who got the offer, has 7 years of experience and his current package is around 15 Lakhs.
Yes correctly said, most of the time your offers depends on your current packages, specially if you are joining small or midsize companies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks