Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:36   #2236
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I managed to file the return by the due date. But since I had tax to be paid, I clicked on the "Pay now" link and went ahead and made the payment using netbanking. However after the transaction was successful the amount still didn't reflect in the income tax efiling website. Since I didn't want to miss the deadline, I then selected the "pay Later" option and submitted the return.

Now, is there a way for me to update the payment in my ITR? I have the chalan receipt but unable to find an option to enter the details. In the tax paid page, it is showing a blank list.

Please help.
I had the same issue you describe. Paid tax, which wasn't getting reflected in the tax paid column. Was about to hit "pay later" and "submit", but had a brain wave and went back to tax paid sheet and added the tax paid amound and challan number, etc details in the self assessment tax page, and hey presto, outstanding tax came to zero!!

Hit submit and rest is history.

So ya that part is not very intuitive.
WindRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:46   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
My last assessment year's return was filed on 7th of July 2021 & still has not been processed, neither is the current year's. ...
Last year, I filed late (within due date, but last week of due date I think), my return was processed by Jan end. This year, I filed early July, and filed a revised return on 31st July. The revised return was already processed yesterday. My return is not super complicated - only salary, a little bit of capital gains, and new tax regime. Maybe that's why it was processed quickly.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:37   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Nope, you have filed the original return within timeline and no penalty applies. As far as I know, there is no penalty on revised return as it is just a correction without any tax liability. Till last week the processing was super fast and demand notice was slapped immediately within hours. But given the load in last few days, it may be few days to get the notice.
Got a demand intimation today (that's fast!). So I updated the earlier challan details in the demand and then another 220 rupees challan (additional demand as interest) and has submitted.

Hope it will get accepted and spare me of the hassle of filing a revised return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I had the same issue you describe. Paid tax, which wasn't getting reflected in the tax paid column. Was about to hit "pay later" and "submit", but had a brain wave and went back to tax paid sheet and added the tax paid amound and challan number, etc details in the self assessment tax page, and hey presto, outstanding tax came to zero!!

Hit submit and rest is history.

So ya that part is not very intuitive.
I have paid tax before too, and I thought that the money gets updated immediately. So when it didn't, I thought it is some problem. Now I realize that there is no real-time update from the bank website to the income tax website.

Last edited by dragonfire : 2nd August 2022 at 20:44.
Old 2nd August 2022, 23:10   #2239
BHPian

I have also got a demand for 2021-22 AY and paid. For whatever reason that is not considered when it’s reprocessed. Again demand note has come and I responded saying it’s paid. Let’s see. Now AY 2022-23 is processed and there is also they identified it as demand not paid and deducted it from my refund. Sad to see this. Even after paying the demand they are automatically taking away the money without correcting it. Raised grievance, no action taken for few months now

Last edited by blorebuddy : 2nd August 2022 at 23:11.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 07:02   #2240
BHPian

I have received the ITR processed SMS on my phone, but I haven't received the email yet.

Is there any place where we can look for or email takes time ?
Old 3rd August 2022, 07:18   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
I have received the ITR processed SMS on my phone, but I haven't received the email yet.

Is there any place where we can look for or email takes time ?
I also faced a similar situation, SMS received that return is processed and email sent. But no email received.

I went to the ITR portal and checked the status under the filed returns menu, where it is showing as under processing. So it looks like a false trigger in my case.

You can check on portal and if the status is processed, then the file can be downloaded from there as well. Otherwise try again after a few days, if needed.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 07:38   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I also faced a similar situation, SMS received that return is processed and email sent. But no email received.

.... So it looks like a false trigger in my case.
There is some delay but you will get the email in the registered email address. I got my email after 1 day but the eportal still shows as Processing.

I checked the filing number on portal and email and they match so it does not look like its false.
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:13   #2243
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Even after paying the demand they are automatically taking away the money without correcting it. Raised grievance, no action taken for few months now
Been there done that.

you need to personally visit the concerned circle assessment office. Mine demand was raised in 2008-09 & finally settled it in 2016-17. Carry along all the proofs like payment made & challan number etc.

Don't expect this to close via those IT portal replies.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:36   #2244
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Got a demand intimation today (that's fast!). So I updated the earlier challan details in the demand and then another 220 rupees challan (additional demand as interest) and has submitted.

Hope it will get accepted and spare me of the hassle of filing a revised return.

There is no acknowledgement in demand notice once you upload the proof. Ideally it has to get closed.

You still need to file the revised return with tax details added. Only then ITR processing will be completed.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:20   #2245
BHPian

Got a question related to TDS cut from GoI bonds (RBI floating rate taxable Bonds). Its not showing up in 26AS. Anyone facing same issue? Bought them thru ICICIDirect. Not sure where to track it? In the absence of TDS entry in 26AS, will end up paying 7% extra tax.
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:59   #2246
BHPian

If you have details related to the tds you may try to add that in the ITR form on your own.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 20:16   #2247
BHPian

This year I had a small transaction in my DMAT account, sale of shares with a small loss. So, decided to fill up ITR-2 but it was not picking up my salary details. After some attempts, I filled ITR-1 where salary details were auto filled. There was a refund of Rs. 800 as per my return. To my utter surprise, within 5 seconds of my e-verification, I got the message (SMS and mail) that my return has been processed. That was 14th July. Within two days, I got the refund also.

My wife's return (ITR-2) was also processed faster this year (9 days) compared to one month last year. Good surprises this time.

Although status of my return on portal was still showing as 'under process' till a couple of days back.

Last edited by NH08 : 3rd August 2022 at 20:17.
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:23   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have also got a demand for 2021-22 AY and paid. For whatever reason that is not considered when it’s reprocessed. Again demand note has come and I responded saying it’s paid.
Quote:
How do we "respond" and inform IT dept after paying the demand amount but not filing a revised return?
Old 4th August 2022, 17:15   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
How do we "respond" and inform IT dept after paying the demand amount but not filing a revised return?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
There is no acknowledgement in demand notice once you upload the proof. Ideally it has to get closed.

You still need to file the revised return with tax details added. Only then ITR processing will be completed.
In the demand notice there was a button to "Respond" to the demand. If you choose to respond as "Demand is correct", you can pay the difference. That's what I did, and provided the details of two challans - the earlier paid one and a new one for the difference.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-demand.png

After that this is how it shows up in the income tax page.

And this is how the ITR filing shows up as. It is showing as completed.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-demaiddue.png

Not trying to dispute your solution, but the "Pay Later" is indeed an option available when you file ITR, so I wonder why anybody opting to pay later should file a revised return once he pays it. Beats the purpose, right?

Last edited by dragonfire : 4th August 2022 at 17:18.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:57   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
If you have details related to the tds you may try to add that in the ITR form on your own.
I don't have the details required to fill on my own. just calculated based on the interest credited as its a fixed interest. It was 10% lesser. Must be TDS. but will wait for it to show up in 26 AS.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks