Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 19:05   #2251
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Does the TDS deduction date fall in the FY 21-22. If so, they should already be on your 26AS. If that was after 31-Mar, it would be in the next year.
Old 4th August 2022, 22:35   #2252
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post

Not trying to dispute your solution, but the "Pay Later" is indeed an option available when you file ITR, so I wonder why anybody opting to pay later should file a revised return once he pays it. Beats the purpose, right?
I am not a CA but watching the tax filing scenario and read about this online due to my interest.

1. Agreed that you can respond to demand notice but ideally tax department AO has to close it once the challan details are verified (tax credited). Some cases demand notice was kept open and it resulted in problems in future. Refer some posts in this same thread.

2. If you carefully see your snapshot the return is processed with tax demand/due. Ideally it should be no tax liability - no refund or processed with refund in case of refund. I will leave it to your judgement but sincerely hope you don't have any problems in future assessment years.

PS: I made sure my wife filed revised return and got the processing status to processed with refund from processed with tax due.
Old 5th August 2022, 09:13   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran
You still need to file the revised return with tax details added. Only then ITR processing will be completed.
DOes filing a revised return involve starting from scratch and recompile the entire ITR or it just a matter of opening the previously compiled versison make changes and submit?
Old 5th August 2022, 09:41   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
DOes filing a revised return involve starting from scratch and recompile the entire ITR or it just a matter of opening the previously compiled versison make changes and submit?
For ITR 1, it is from the start but since details are pre filled, you can do it quickly and edit as needed. I heard for ITR 2, it asks JSON to be uploaded and not shows the online option.
Old 5th August 2022, 09:46   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Does the TDS deduction date fall in the FY 21-22. If so, they should already be on your 26AS. If that was after 31-Mar, it would be in the next year.
Not sure how it's accounted. As the interest payout happens twice a year and not aligned to financial year. Since I just started last year, I decided to wait out for this years to reflect. Thanks.
Old 6th August 2022, 09:02   #2256
BHPian

I submitted my ITR1 on July 15th. Finally on 2nd Aug got sms it's processed and on 4th Aug got email with refund details. The portal is still not updated with the same details. Any idea when it will be updated in the portal and also when refund will be processed?
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 09:09   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
For ITR 1, it is from the start but since details are pre filled, you can do it quickly and edit as needed. I heard for ITR 2, it asks JSON to be uploaded and not shows the online option.
After much searching, for ITR2 folks, you have to download the ITR utility on the main page before signing in. Then use the utility to sign in and get prefilled data, then it is pretty much the same. But yes,. you do still have to add a lot of details.

After paying the demand due, the form 26AS for the previous assessment year (the one for which the demand notice was generated) has details under tax paid.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 18:17   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I also faced a similar situation
It's processed now, I got the email today, but the portal still says " Processing"
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:15   #2259
BHPian

I have a demand note for AY2007-08. I had actually paid the tax. I believe I failed to send the acknowledgment. So they have raised it for the full amount + fine. Couple of years back, I had sent them an update saying these are paid and I do have the Form 16 with me.

Today I received a mail asking me to be ready with the proofs and some officer will be getting in touch shortly.

Now regarding the proof, I do have Form 16 and a handwritten acknowledgment with a seal.
But I don't see the 26AS or the filed return if I log in. In fact, details of all filed returns are missing for AY2007-08 and earlier. I am almost sure it used to be there earlier.
Any idea if there is a way to get these details?

Last edited by rajesh1868 : 25th August 2022 at 11:17.
Old 25th August 2022, 12:44   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I have a demand note for AY2007-08. I had actually paid the tax. I believe I failed to send the acknowledgment. So they have raised it for the full amount + fine. Couple of years back, I had sent them an update saying these are paid and I do have the Form 16 with me.

Today I received a mail asking me to be ready with the proofs and some officer will be getting in touch shortly.

Now regarding the proof, I do have Form 16 and a handwritten acknowledgment with a seal.
But I don't see the 26AS or the filed return if I log in. In fact, details of all filed returns are missing for AY2007-08 and earlier. I am almost sure it used to be there earlier.
Any idea if there is a way to get these details?
You have paid the taxes. Return filing was manual then with physical form and you get it back with IT seal which is the ITR V I guess. You have that also. I guess Form 16 and this form with seal is enough to present your case.

I seriously don't understand why IT department is opening 15 year old things now. Isn't there a recent law that only 3 years or less can be reopened?
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 14:10   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I have a demand note for AY2007-08. I had actually paid the tax. I believe I failed to send the acknowledgment. So they have raised it for the full amount + fine...
While I'm not a CA, a simple Google search gave me the reply below:

Quote:
The amended law allows the department to go back 11 years (i.e. 10 years from the end of the assessment year in which the notice is received) if total income that has escaped tax is suspected to be more than Rs 50 lakh; it's four years if escaped income is below Rs 50 lakh.
Link
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:42   #2262
BHPian

I had submitted my ITR-3 on 27 June 2022 - over a month before the stipulated deadline. The online status is still 'under processing'. Are there any BHPians whose ITR are still getting processed? Thanks!
Old 30th September 2022, 13:21   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I had submitted my ITR-3 on 27 June 2022 - over a month before the stipulated deadline. The online status is still 'under processing'. Are there any BHPians whose ITR are still getting processed? Thanks!
I had been in the same boat till yesterday. The status got changed yesterday night.

I think, you need to wait. And please do check for any open items in your inbox. [Login -> pending Actions-> Work List] and approve any items submitted by them. If no such requests arrived, you are good as of now.

Also, check your profile and bank accounts. If they are in approved state, you are fine, if not, you might have to do it.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:32   #2264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Yeah, don't worry about it. I filed well in advance too and only a couple of weeks ago got the message that it had finally been processed. My wife who filed 10 mins before I did got hers processed in a week! There's no apparent logic or process, just wait and it will happen.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 21:06   #2265
Distinguished - BHPian

In the name of 'simplifying' changes to ITR is proposed!

CBDT proposes to introduce a common ITR by merging all existing ITRs except ITR-7, with an aim to ease compliance.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks