Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 13:27   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This Twitter thread has some usable information about the AIS scheme IT department introduced in budget 2020 and operationalised very recently.
I can't find the AIS link online any more. Does anyone have access to it? Has it been withdrawn?
Old 26th June 2022, 14:03   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
... an error is thrown up every time saying: Something is wrong, please try again later.

Have tried to clear this stage at multiple time periods across the day and have encountered the same problem.
I had reported the same issue earlier in the thread and finally after multiple retries managed to overcome it.

You have to delete the current draft and file a fresh return in a single login window. Don't let the session expire and don't click on that save button.

Basically you have enter all the inputs by holding your breath literally and click on that verify button in one go. Only then it will take you to the adhaar verification step and submit successfully.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:39   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I can't find the AIS link online any more. Does anyone have access to it? Has it been withdrawn?
I can still see that option under Services tab. Please check again.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 11:43   #2134
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The IT dept can go after whoever claimed the higher HRA, they can easily reach out to them with all the available details.
Agree. That's why I wrote govt have won the last frontier for "salaried" folks. IMO Salaried were always easy targets. Anyways, salaried are in minority & not a active visible vocal vote-bank for political class.

Let us see how far they are able to get small business fall in line. I suspect they will make any progress since they have association et all to ensure their voices are herd. At times, I think we should have one " Salaried Tax payers workers Union"

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 27th June 2022 at 11:44.
Old 27th June 2022, 13:06   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I can still see that option under Services tab. Please check again.
Thanks. I was looking for it before logging in / via web searches. It seems that AIS cannot be accessed unless one is logged in at the IT portal.
Old 27th June 2022, 14:43   #2136
Senior - BHPian

I have this peculiar situation. My returns for AY 2020-21 was submitted in Aug 20 as per timelines and is still showing as "Under Processing" as of 23-Jan 2021.
My returns for AY 21-22 which I filed in Dec 21 has been processed and I got a no demand no refund email status as on Feb 22.
Now I need to file my returns for AY 22-23, not sure if my returns status for AY 2020-21 is of any significance.
Can they complete the returns of a subsequent year and still keep the earlier year under process? I haven't (yet) received any demand/refund for this and there was none as far as I am concerned, but just that the status "Under Processing" bugs me a bit.
I dont know if I send them a reminder, will it lead to scrutiny and ask for more documentation? I don't have anything to hide, just don't want to hit my own foot with the axe.
Anyone faced a similar problem?
Old 27th June 2022, 15:04   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can they complete the returns of a subsequent year and still keep the earlier year under process? I haven't (yet) received any demand/refund for this and there was none as far as I am concerned, but just that the status "Under Processing" bugs me a bit.
I dont know if I send them a reminder, will it lead to scrutiny and ask for more documentation? I don't have anything to hide, just don't want to hit my own foot with the axe.
Anyone faced a similar problem?
All AY are independently assessed. I had multiple previous year processing pending at one time (due to some of exemptions I had claimed) while latest ones being cleared quickly (because i didn't claim those exemptions).

No comments on reminding, i usually try to stay away from poking them unless huge amount of money is stuck in refunds.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 15:29   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Got the shock yesterday myself via SMS clearly mentioning the organization & all amount claimed as HRA & added to my rental income. Problem is there is a 1 Lakh diff between paid rent & claimed HRA
Maybe I'm not understanding the issue. This was always on the anvil, ever since they started asking for houseowner's PAN to claim HRA - about 5 years ago.

Given the HRA exemption for salaried employees is MIN(actual rent, actual HRA, 40/50% of basic) the exempt amount can certainly be very different from actual rent. Plus companies have rather arbitrary rules on what constitutes acceptable proof of rent payments, that the two are almost guaranteed to not match in the vast majority of cases.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:14   #2139
BHPian

How do we go about filing return in case for EPF greater than 2.5Lakhs - As per the earlier news articles, EPFO will have 2 passbooks entries for the Taxable and non-taxable part of the interest and they will also deduct TDS when the interest is deposited.

https://www.livemint.com/money/perso...514935815.html

But looks it has not happened till now - Any news on the timeframe this will happen and how long we might have to wait?
Old 5th July 2022, 19:14   #2140
BRV
BHPian

I have received a demand notice in mail for late filing of returns for AY 20-21 on 23 May 2022 (filed it within time however, there was a correction so filed the corrected version). When checked in the website not able to find the demand (Pending Actions - Respond to outstanding demand), searched with demand number and nothing comes up.

Still proceeded with Returns for the AY 22-23 and this is the fastest income tax returns filing till date for me.

Return filed and Verified on - 28 June
Return Processing completed - 29 June
Refund intimation received - 4 July
Refund into account - 5 July

If the demand for late payment was valid, shouldn't they deduct it from the refund amount?
Old 5th July 2022, 19:53   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
When checked in the website not able to find the demand (Pending Actions - Respond to outstanding demand), searched with demand number and nothing comes up.

If the demand for late payment was valid, shouldn't they deduct it from the refund amount?

IT website has its own glitches. Try some other time again, pending demand will show up.

Afaik, itr is processed on per year basis and treated separately. No adjustments across years.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 17:44   #2142
BHPian

One question -
I had filed my return, got a demand notice. I have paid the demand, and added the challah number on the IT portal. Is there a need to file a revised return now? I do not see any outstanding actions on me on the portal. Appreciate any help.
Old 10th July 2022, 18:20   #2143
BHPian

I bought a car in may and tcs was deducted. The deduction is still not showing in form 26as.

Should I contact the dealer or wait a while?
Old 10th July 2022, 18:54   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
How do we go about filing return in case for EPF greater than 2.5Lakhs - As per the earlier news articles, EPFO will have 2 passbooks entries for the Taxable and non-taxable part of the interest and they will also deduct TDS when the interest is deposited.

https://www.livemint.com/money/perso...514935815.html

But looks it has not happened till now - Any news on the timeframe this will happen and how long we might have to wait?
There is no news on when this will happen.
Given how tardy EPFO is, it is better to pay the required advance taxes.
If and when the EPFO gets around making separate passbooks etc, we can refile an amendment and claim refund.

In my case, the interest credit is not reflected for the past 2 years, multiple grievance tickets have not made any difference.
Also, the Form 2AS and AIS also do not reflect any TDS from EPF, so, I have gone ahead and filed my taxes. Will handle any adjustment needed as and when it happens with a rectification filing.
Old 10th July 2022, 21:44   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
I do not see any outstanding actions on me on the portal. Appreciate any help.
I also gone through this. Want to hear from experts
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks