Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:51   #1381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

@Carbookie, thanks. The amount being small was little more than what I had mentioned) and this being from dividends, it was ok. Dividend comes under Sec 10 -34. The amount was too small for the ceiling here in my case.
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:54   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
She can apply for condonation of delay u/s 119(2)(b) to the Commissioner of Income Tax concerned citing reasons for non filing. When she gets it, she will be able to file her return online.
Thanks, however when I go to do that it shows the following screen:
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture.png
Old 24th July 2018, 15:54   #1383
BHPian

Isnt there an option to e verify returns submission this year via Aadhar? I tried via netbanking but could not find the e-file on the options menu
Old 24th July 2018, 16:02   #1384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Isnt there an option to e verify returns submission this year via Aadhar? I tried via netbanking but could not find the e-file on the options menu
Did you try directly from the IT e-filing website? This was my second year using this option, worked as usual.
Old 24th July 2018, 16:21   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Did you try directly from the IT e-filing website? This was my second year using this option, worked as usual.

I did, getting the following options - EVC Through netbanking, through bank account number, through demat account. Cannot find an option for Aadhar.

I could verify via Aadhar last year.
Old 24th July 2018, 17:28   #1386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did, getting the following options - EVC Through netbanking, through bank account number, through demat account. Cannot find an option for Aadhar.

On e-filing portal, check your Aadhaar linkage status under Homepage > Profile Settings > My Profile > Aadhaar Details > Aadhaar Status

If status shows not linked, do so and retry e-verification. If already linked, you may need to file a grievance ticket. If it takes time, just post the ITR-V paper copy to CPC for this year to be safe.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th July 2018 at 17:32.
Old 24th July 2018, 18:56   #1387
BHPian

I have been investing in mutual funds through SIP. Over the years I have redeemed and reinvested in different funds. Existed funds. This has happened across funds houses and while I also continued my SIPs. I am looking for tool if any available which can give me idea of what is the return from the gain I made from earlier investments?
Old 24th July 2018, 19:20   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have been investing in mutual funds through SIP. Over the years I have redeemed and reinvested in different funds. Existed funds. This has happened across funds houses and while I also continued my SIPs. I am looking for tool if any available which can give me idea of what is the return from the gain I made from earlier investments?
VRO could do it. Not sure if it is a paid product now, please check.

https://www.valueresearchonline.com
Old 24th July 2018, 20:09   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I am looking for tool if any available which can give me idea of what is the return from the gain I made from earlier investments?
If these are CAMS serviced funds then the myCams app does this excellently.
I used to have a custom xl file to do it but stopped after seeing that CAMS does it all quite easily. In the latest updates they are also considering the grandfathering clause for gains post Jan 2018.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:38   #1390
BHPian

Quote:

The aadhar e-verify option was available this year too till 15-20 days ago. Now its not there. this message is scrolling on topof e-filing website:
Temporarily due to technical issues, Aadhaar OTP for e-verification is unavailable. This will be enabled shortly. Taxpayer can use the other options to e-Verify the Returns. Please note ...
return can be verified 120 days so you can verify later.
SO wait for some time.
Old 25th July 2018, 12:32   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
On e-filing portal, check your Aadhaar linkage status under Homepage > Profile Settings > My Profile > Aadhaar Details > Aadhaar Status

Thanks. Checked, my Aadhar is indeed linked. I took this route last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
The aadhar e-verify option was available this year too till 15-20 days ago. Now its not there. this message is scrolling on topof e-filing website:
Temporarily due to technical issues, Aadhaar OTP for e-verification is unavailable. This will be enabled shortly. Taxpayer can use the other options to e-Verify the Returns. Please note ...
return can be verified 120 days so you can verify later.
SO wait for some time.

I was told the same thing by the CA firm which filed my return. So that settles it. Thanks for reconfirming
Old 25th July 2018, 15:01   #1392
BHPian

Has the EPFO interest (managed by EPFO & not a private trust) for FY2017-18 been updated for you?

The EPFO SMS (give a missed call to 011-xxxx number and receive your account balance via SMS) does not reflect the interest credit yet in my case. hence cross-checking others here.
Old 26th July 2018, 20:56   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Last date for e-filing of IT returns has been extended by a month to 31/08/2018 instead of 31/07/2018.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-img_20180726_205416.jpg

Source
Old 27th July 2018, 23:06   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Last date for e-filing of IT returns has been extended by a month
TOI reports that in six out of last seven years, the last date for filing of returns has been extended for one reason or the other.
Attached Thumbnails
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-screenshot_20180727230249973_com.android.chrome937x732.png  

Old 27th July 2018, 23:16   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even I did not get that message to e-Verify my returns when i uploaded ITR 2 this year. However, I got it instantly when I filed ITR-1 for my wife online.

But a week ago, I got an sms that my return needed to eVerification. I logged into the Income Tax website and found the link beside my latest return for eVerification. I could do it without a hitch.

To summarize, I think eVerification message pops up only when you submit the return online, or upload ITR-1. It does not come for ITR-2. This apart, one cannot file an ITR-2 online, but instead he needs to download the Java utility, fill it up, and them submit the generated xml.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks