Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2018, 05:34   #1456
BHPian

Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Excess tax deducted at source in a financial year can be claimed back while filing the Income Tax return in the Assessment year, i.e. next year.

May I ask with whom you got involved regarding the TDS refund and when was it deducted?
My file was prepared by a tax return preparer. Last time he asked for no extra money other than his fees for TDS refund but this time he told me he had to pay officials at the Guwahati income tax office ITO W-3(4) Guwahati for assessment year 2018-19.

I am not aware of the IT process so I had to take his word for it and paid the extra amount as he asked to get my file cleared by Guwahati IT office for refund as told by him.
Old 22nd December 2018, 08:47   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
While getting work done for TDS refund, the guy who does the e payment for me took 7 thousand extra stating that few Income Tax officers in Guwahati office had to be paid the amount to get my file cleared for the tax refund from head office.

My question is if everything is done online centrally can a local tax office or the Guwahati tax office or any other location and it's officers interface and delay or stop the tax refund process of individuals ?
Quote:
My file was prepared by a tax return preparer. Last time he asked for no extra money other than his fees for TDS refund but this time he told me he had to pay officials at the Guwahati income tax office ITO W-3(4) Guwahati for assessment year 2018-19.

I am not aware of the IT process so I had to take his word for it and paid the extra amount as he asked to get my file cleared by Guwahati IT office for refund as told by him.
Your TRP is clearly bluffing. I doubt any IT officer is seeking a monetary favour to process your refund. Unless of course if you have done a major false claim or fraud and he has caught on to you big time (highly unlikely).

Do NOT entertain any demands for bribe, however less.

How much is the expected refund anyway? Also, if aren't averse to disclosing some more details, it would help us help you.
Old 22nd December 2018, 09:43   #1458
BHPian

Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:

If you have received any notice of demand subsequent to filing you return then we can say your TRP is trying to bribe your ITO to get your file cleared.

But if the TRP is demanding money just while filing your return, then he most probably is taking you for a ride.

You should post your query in the Income tax thread-https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4516387 (All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...))

Last edited by Sherlocked : 22nd December 2018 at 09:47.
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:08   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I'm yet to receive the final intimation U/S 143(1) for my return filed in mid-July. I've always received it within a month or so in prior years.

What gives?
Still nothing. Is this normal?

P.S. I'm not expecting a refund, just confirmation that I don't have any taxes due (which I don't, to the best of my knowledge).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd December 2018 at 10:11.
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:22   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still nothing.
Nearly 50% of my colleagues are in the same boat; so is my father. Repeated enquires have yielded the stock answer - “It is under process”.

Surely you do remember the days when refunds used to happen in November-December. But those were the days of paper-filing. This is the first time since the introduction of e filing, that I am seeing the process stretched this long. People say that there have been far too many returns this year and hence the IT folks are forced to take it slow.
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:05   #1461
BHPian

For my returns filed in July 2017 for AY17-18, I received an email for the first time after 18 months of submission. I am seeking a refund of a significant amount ( above a lac).

Anyone else received the same?
What is the significance of it and is it a routine thing every year?

Why am I being asked to make a declaration again when at time of submission I had stated that it was accurate to best of my knowledge and belief. Request advise from the experts here.

Pasting EMAIL below

Dear Taxpayer,

It is seen that a claim of refund has been made in the Income Tax Return (Acknowledgement No. XXXXXXXXCCCCC) for Assessment Year 2017-18 filed by you on XX-JUL-2017.

Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process wherein your confirmation is required on the claim of refund. You are requested to submit your response in the e-Filing Portal post login by selecting either of the following options:

The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief
Return of Income is being revised wherein, correct claim of refund shall be made
To submit the above mentioned response, please login to e-Filing portal, Go to Worklist->For Your Action-> Response for Refund Confirmation.

Please verify the claims made in your Return of Income filed and submit your response accordingly. In case of any incorrect claims, please revise your Income Tax Return (ITR) .

Please submit your response within 10 days of receipt of this e-mail.

Please ignore this mail, if you have already submitted your response.

Regards,

Compliance Management Team
Income Tax Department
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:04   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Nearly
My father's return has been processed; received the 143(1) intimation today, exactly six months after e filing. Even though I had complained of delay earlier, I am now starting to feel that six months is not actually too long a period for the return to be processed, specially in light of increase in the number of assesses.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:10   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
My father's return has been processed; received the 143(1) intimation today, exactly six months after e filing. Even though I had complained of delay earlier, I am now starting to feel that six months is not actually too long a period for the return to be processed, specially in light of increase in the number of assesses.
I received mine day before yesterday. I had filed my returns much before the last day for filing the returns.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:33   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
For my returns filed in July 2017 for AY17-18, I received an email for the first time after 18 months of submission. I am seeking a refund of a significant amount ( above a lac).

Anyone else received the same?
I too received this E-mail couple of days ago. Anybody has any pointers what this is about?

Last edited by aah78 : 1st February 2019 at 23:31. Reason: Please avoid quoting large posts. Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:37   #1465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I too received this E-mail couple of days ago. Anybody has any pointers what this is about?
Normally such mails indicate you have submitted a revised form, the refund shown in the mails indicate the one as shown in the ITR form before being revised.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:46   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the significance of it and is it a routine thing every year?
There was a scam during the 2017-18 FY wherein unscrupulous "tax consultants" filed returns on taxpayers' behalf with undeserved refunds. The IT department caught on to it quickly; and now they require the taxpayer themselves confirm that the refund they are asking for is with their full knowledge and belief.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65048512.cms
Old 23rd January 2019, 19:11   #1467
BHPian

I have filed my returns in last Jul and e-verified and got the acknowledgement. Till now it's not processed. This is for FY17-18. Any one else in the same boat? I could not understand why it's taking more than 6 months to process. My father's, sister's returns were processed with in a month of filing.
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:00   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have filed my returns in last Jul and e-verified and got the acknowledgement. Till now it's not processed. This is for FY17-18. Any one else in the same boat?.....
Same case with me. I had filed my returns in July, still the status shows "Successfully e-verified" since July. Same issue with my wife's return and couple of my colleagues as well. I guess the processing is slow due to more number of e-filing than last year. Will wait for a few more days and try to contact CPC.
Also to add my wife has to receive a refund but nothing in my case.

Last edited by jayantvs : 23rd January 2019 at 21:02. Reason: Added text
Old 30th January 2019, 14:22   #1469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm yet to receive the final intimation U/S 143(1) for my return filed in mid-July. I've always received it within a month or so in prior years.

What gives?
Mine finally arrived today, nearly six months after filing returns.
Old 1st February 2019, 22:23   #1470
Senior - BHPian

I got a demand notice for Rs.70,000/- for 2017 assessment year, with a weeks time to respond.

But I have paid the amount already in 2017, and have my Tax Challan receipt for the same as well. However, my auditor now discovered that I have paid under the wrong challan (286 instead of 280).

How can this be rectified ? Do I first need to pay again to clear the demand ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks