Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 17:21   #406
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

OK - here is the update.
I have filed for demand notice deletion request.
Got bar coded acknowledgement sticker on my copy of letter.
I'm to visit back after 10 days.
Lets see how it goes.
Old 16th December 2013, 21:36   #407
BHPian

ITRV rejected

I got an email from IT dept , stating that my returns filed has been rejected due to a missing signature, what do I do now and how many days do I have.

Thanks ,

MP
Old 19th December 2013, 07:22   #408
BHPian

Re: ITRV rejected

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I got an email from IT dept , stating that my returns filed has been rejected due to a missing signature, what do I do now and how many days do I have.
I am not an expert - I think you need to the same ITR form (filled) as a revised return along with the notice number, original ACK number etc. Generally, the notice tells you how many days time you have. Irrespective of whether the due date is past or not, go ahead and re-submit your ITR with signature again now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Today I got intimation u/s 245 from I-T saying there is outstanding amount to be paid for AY 2009-10. The demand is raised u/s 1431a. However there is no balance from my side.
@null, as I mentioned above, the demand notice for year 2009 might be invalid and needs rectification.
Just check your returns for the years 2005 and 2009.
There might be problem in the I-T system as well.
I just noticed that the entire amount for refund, as per my ITR, has been credited into my bank account without any deduction as stated in the notice.
Old 19th December 2013, 08:27   #409
Senior - BHPian

I got a demand notice for 2008-09 and the notice mentioned that after adjusting this A.Y's refund which I am entitled to (Rs. 23k) i still have to pay them Rs. 65k.

TDS was paid by my employer for that FY, all proofs submitted and acknowledgements received so have asked my tax auditor to file a rectification request. Lets see how it goes. This is just absurd if you ask me.
Old 19th December 2013, 16:27   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I got a demand notice for 2008-09 and the notice mentioned that after adjusting this A.Y's refund which I am entitled to (Rs. 23k) i still have to pay them Rs. 65k.
Its not just us, there has been quite a lot who were at I-T office with same complaints when I went there - all pertaining to 2008 or 2009 and all cases are having some refund amount for last year (FY:2012-13). Really strange.

Not sure if it is true, one of the guys was telling that this year target was not met and hence all previous years' returns were dug up and random due notices were sent.

BTW, I checked online today (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in). The actual DIN for which I got notice, the outstanding demand amount is Rs.0.
But there is another DIN now (for same AY 2009-10) for which outstanding demand amount is Rs.270. Its much better than previous demand of 17k.

Not sure how two demands can be raised for single assessment year. There is something wrong for sure.

Anyone from I-I department or some CAs who knows inside of I-T office can help here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I just noticed that the entire amount for refund, as per my ITR, has been credited into my bank account without any deduction as stated in the notice.
This gives me some hope.

Last edited by iamswift : 19th December 2013 at 16:29.
Old 19th December 2013, 17:22   #411
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I checked online today (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in). The actual DIN for which I got notice, the outstanding demand amount is Rs.0.
But there is another DIN now (for same AY 2009-10) for which outstanding demand amount is Rs.270. Its much better than previous demand of 17k.
Interesting. I checked the outstanding demand, and now I see one more entry of Rs 54/- for 2008-9 which was not present in the earlier notice. So, now it stands at Rs 264/- for 2005-6, Rs 54/- for 2008-9 and Rs 1890/- for 2009-10.

I will try to dig up the details for 2009-10. I hope I can find the excel workbook and will be able to check what I had paid and challenge it if needed. Also, I feel its better to pay up this ~2.5K demand and close the matter instead of dragging it on.

Pl. let me know how you progress with your demand.
Old 20th December 2013, 08:23   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also got a demand notice for 290 bucks (09-10) along with the larger obscene amount for 08-09. Prioritizing the 65K rectification since the other figure is negligible.
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:43   #413
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

I am not sure if this Query has been asked before, Can someone tell me if the 80C exemption of one lakh is inclusive of Home loam Principal or exclusive?
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:48   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransri_bng View Post
Hi Bhpians

I am not sure if this Query has been asked before, Can someone tell me if the 80C exemption of one lakh is inclusive of Home loam Principal or exclusive?
The one lakh limit is inclusive of the home loan principal paid during that fiscal year.
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:52   #415
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
I have a personal query which I could not figure out from my office finance guys or Google, hence thought let me ask on team - bhp only!

My wife worked with a previous employer from July 2007- Mar 2010 (HR epfo account). Thereafter her next employer had a Chennai EPF account. The last time interest was deposited in the HR epfo account was Jul 2013. In Aug, the money from the HR epfo account was withdrawn and deposited into my wife's bank account. We don't know if / how much tax should be paid.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:32   #416
Senior - BHPian

For EPF, everything except the item in * is taxable if withdrawn before 5 years from recognized PF.

* item: Employee's own contribution component.

You can get a breakup from the EPF office in case the online e-passbook does not work.

I paid tax while filing my last returns based on this principle after consulting two CA's.
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:36   #417
BHPian

I have filed the returns in July 2013 and I need to get a refund of 25K, it has been already 6 months. When I checked in the website against my PAN number it shows that there is no data on refund. When I enquired the agent who filed the returns, they told that I will get the refund only after 1 year since my return was done manually. They have asked me to go directly to the office and give a complaint.

What is the normal time they would refund ?
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:54   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have filed the returns in July 2013 and I need to get a refund of 25K, it has been already 6 months. When I checked in the website against my PAN number it shows that there is no data on refund. When I enquired the agent who filed the returns, they told that I will get the refund only after 1 year since my return was done manually. They have asked me to go directly to the office and give a complaint.

What is the normal time they would refund ?
Hi,
I think your agent is misleading you. I filed my return for AY2013-14 (FY2012-2013) sometime in last week of October and I have received my refund for the above mentioned period in the last week of December. My assessing office falls under Madurai IT Commisionerate. The refund received was the same amount which was mentioned at the time of filing.

Vasanth
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:03   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
Hi,
I think your agent is misleading you. I filed my return for AY2013-14 (FY2012-2013) sometime in last week of October and I have received my refund for the above mentioned period in the last week of December. My assessing office falls under Madurai IT Commisionerate. The refund received was the same amount which was mentioned at the time of filing.

Vasanth
Thanks for the information, let me go to office and raise a complaint on this.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:39   #420
Lij
BHPian

In Feb 2013 I received a mail saying that the refund of my income tax was adjusted against an outstanding demand.

This was very surprising as I never received any demand notice from the IT department. Then when I checked online I did see a demand for AY 2009-10

Later on in a week's time I received a demand notice for AY 2009-10.

I was really tense now as the amount was over 25K.

First of all I checked my ITR that was filed. It was the first time that ITR was filed online by me. On checking I saw that although under total deductions for 80C the amount was correct, but the individual columns were empty. It beat me as the total is a protected column with the formula.

Then read up on the internet on steps that needed to be taken.

First I applied for a rectification online.

I got a mail from CPC Bangalore of the rectification acknowledgement and asked me to visit my local Jurisdiction officer.

Next I prepared a cover letter (and a copy of the same) stating the issues (made a tabular format of the issues for easier understanding) alongwith supporting documents viz. Rectification letter from CPC, Form 16 of the particular year, Form 26A for that year and proofs of all investments. They gave an acknowledgment stamp on the copy of the cover letter.

Now last month I got my Income Tax refund and the demand is also removed against me.

Hope this helps anyone facing the same issue.

Last edited by Lij : 3rd January 2014 at 17:47. Reason: Typo and grammatical errors rectified

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks