Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 20:45   #556
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I am currently toying with the idea of putting in a date that is acceptable to the Excel utility (any date before 1/4 seems to work). Is that advisable? If they are matching date+challan number then I will run into more trouble.
It is not advisable to put an incorrect date, you can face issues later. Have you checked whether the date format is correct. i.e Is the excel utility taking 4th Sep 2014 as the date?

If you are validating the excel utility file today and paid the SA on 9th April 2014, you should not get this error. Also hope you have ticked the revised return.
Old 26th July 2014, 08:57   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
It is not advisable to put an incorrect date, you can face issues later. Have you checked whether the date format is correct. i.e Is the excel utility taking 4th Sep 2014 as the date?

If you are validating the excel utility file today and paid the SA on 9th April 2014, you should not get this error. Also hope you have ticked the revised return.
Couple of things:

1. The date is correct. No question about that. The Excel utility demands dates to be in DD/MM/YYYY (even single-digit M is not accepted). I have checked and double-checked. It does not accept any date which is later than 31/3/2014 (the "Verification Date", is my guess).

2. The IT department sent me a notice under section 139(9) for a Defective Return. That means my original return was defective - it is treated as though I have not filed the return at all. Revised return is filed to correct genuine errors in the original return, so there is an underlying assumption that a return was filed. These two are different use-cases.
Old 26th July 2014, 13:20   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of things:
2. The IT department sent me a notice under section 139(9) for a Defective Return. That means my original return was defective
In that case, you had time till 31st March 2015 to file a belated return and pay the SA with interest.

In the notice u/s 139(9), had the department given you a specific time within which you had to remit the SA (file corrected return)?
Old 2nd August 2014, 15:41   #559
BHPian

Quote:
I have a problem.

For AY2013-14 (not the current one that everyone's struggling with), I had some tax liability at the time of filing the return in July 2013. I did not pay self assessment tax on it then, but simply filed my return (I was running short of time, and had some cash flow issues). Much later, they sent me a Defective Return notification - and then I remembered this tax liability. I paid this tax due in April 2014. Now I need to file a corrected return.

The problem is that the ITR-2 of 2013-14 is not accepting the date I paid tax (9/4/14) as a valid date. It keeps throwing this error:

Attachment 1266459

Did you check the verification date? It should be in the general sheet if I am not wrong. You need to change that to the new date of submission
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:47   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Did you check the verification date? It should be in the general sheet if I am not wrong. You need to change that to the new date of submission
Yes, I did - I figured it out after much trial and error; and was able to file the return on 29/7. There was a further problem - the 2013-14 XML generated has a version in it, specified as 1.0. The incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website is configured to accept returns only with version 1.1 (2014-15 onwards). I manually edited the XML file and the return went through successfully.
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:16   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did - I figured it out after much trial and error; .
I had a tough time last year, I figured our the message had a check for verification date and is different from today's date. I could have saved you this time had I seen your message earlier.

I had a new problem this year. ICICI gave me a 6 digit challan number. When I tried uploading the ITR, I got an error message which, I eventually figured out, meant challan number cannot be greater than 5 digits. After numerous calls to help desk, I was told challan number cannot go beyond 5 digits as per RBI. I was asked to call ICICI and ICICI did give me a 5 digit challan number which reflects in NSDL site too.
In the meantime, I missed the deadline. Tax help desk said that since I paid in time and I am not expecting any return, I shouldn't be penalised. I had a couple of claims outside of form16 like med insurance, I am hoping I won't lose out on those claims.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:49   #562
BANNED

They seem to be taking their own time with ITRV acks this time round. I sent the returns for my family to Bangalore by Speedpost on August 02. I got the e-mail ack today with the receipt date of 26 August. Never got the sms'es. I was thinking about mailing the forms again next week!
Old 11th September 2014, 19:58   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
They seem to be taking their own time with ITRV acks this time round. I sent the returns for my family to Bangalore by Speedpost on August 02. I got the e-mail ack today with the receipt date of 26 August. Never got the sms'es. I was thinking about mailing the forms again next week!
Actually Ordinary post is better than speedpost. We send our client's ITR V's by ordinary post only as sometimes the CPC doesnt receive the mails by speedpost. Dont know the reason behind it. Since then we send by ordinary post and it reaches them quickly and we get the acknowledgement soon.
Old 12th September 2014, 09:42   #564
BANNED

I tracked the Speedpost and it was there on the 6th or 7th. Also, using Speedpost the PostBag/Bag line must not be there. I have been using Speedpost for quite a few years.
Old 16th September 2014, 08:26   #565
BHPian

guys: the NSDL guys are driving me crazy. My pan card has my dad's name wrong. I sent a correction form along with passport, driving license, and ration card which shows my correct name of my dad. The buffoons are not willing to accept it and they want a proof of name change of my dad who passed away 10 years back.

What do i do now, any idea?
Old 16th September 2014, 11:18   #566
BANNED

@madbullram; Which of he two you went through. You may have to call them up. The lower rung is little more than a call centre so you have to get the bosses number. NSDL is only a depository.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:32   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
My pan card has my dad's name wrong. [...] they want a proof of name change of my dad who passed away 10 years back.
A notarized affidavit that states the person with the incorrect name and the person with the correct name are both the same, and is your father - should work. The notary will be able to supply the appropriate legal-sounding embellishments.

Or you can choose to live with it. After all, your passport spells your dad's name correctly, doesn't it?
Old 20th October 2014, 08:11   #568
BHPian

Has anyone received the ITR2 processing complete notification yet?

I had posted the ITRV form for parents ITR1 and my ITR2 together towards end of July. Their processing is done long back and have received the confirmation. Its almost end october, but still no updates for my ITR2 processing.

Last edited by null : 20th October 2014 at 08:12.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:32   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I submitted my ITR-2 online on 30/7.

I don't have the date when I mailed the signed ITR-V, but I have the acknowledge of its receipt on 18/8.

Last AY I had followed a similar timeline, but I now see that the processing complete notification came on 4/4 (it was a defective filing, though).

So I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:51   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

I had posted the ITRV form for parents ITR1 and my ITR2 together towards end of July. Their processing is done long back and have received the confirmation. Its almost end october, but still no updates for my ITR2 processing.
What do you mean by processing. ? If you had received the acknowledgement(receipt of itr-v), then its fine. Dont worry about the 143 (1) order. It will take its own time. Depends on the nature of the return. You will receive it via email. If you are expecting any refund, the process will take around 6 months depending on the size of amount of the refund and other factors.

If you have not yet received the acknowledgement (ie) the CPC has not yet received your signed ITR-V , then resend it again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks