Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 14:26   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
There's an option to dispute the notice online. Should I upload the 80C investment proof and state that he's not employed ? Anyone faced this situation before ?
Go ahead and upload scanned proofs. It usually works faster than having to slog it out before an assessing officer which was the bad old way of doing things.
Old 28th July 2017, 14:44   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It appears that ITD has been sending a lot of 143 1(a) notices https://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/in...-notice-143-1/ . The notice is being sent when 80C investment claims are made in the return but they don't appear in Form 16 uploaded by the employer - so they're essentially cross verifying between Form 16 and the uploaded return.

There's an option to dispute the notice online. Should I upload the 80C investment proof and state that he's not employed ? Anyone faced this situation before ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Go ahead and upload scanned proofs. It usually works faster than having to slog it out before an assessing officer which was the bad old way of doing things.
I am on the same boat. Received the notice yesterday. Apparently they have missed my contribution to 80G which doesn't reflect in Form 16 anyways. They have also mentioned something about Form 16A. The irony is they have mentioned exact same amount as excess in both Form 16 and Form 16A. The amount mentioned in no way corresponds to any of the component I may have missed (I haven't missed any though). And the total of both components are not correct as well. They have mentioned mismatch of 17xxx in both Form 16 and 16A and totaled it to 27xxx

I am not aware of options to upload proofs online. Can you please point me in the right direction? Is there an option in efiling website?
Old 28th July 2017, 15:01   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
I am not aware of options to upload proofs online. Can you please point me in the right direction? Is there an option in efiling website?
So - here is the procedure. You can consider paying the tax demanded first or there will be penal interest plus garnishing of the demand amount from your future refunds. Do this especially if the amount in question isn't very high. Choose the option that you are disagreeing with the demand but still paying.

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...sponse_OTD.pdf

After which you have to raise an appeal - use the e Nivaran menu option and "submit grievance" - choose grievance to CPC or grievance to assessing officer based on who has raised the tax demand against your father. You can upload all the necessary documents such as ppf receipts, donation receipts etc etc whatever has been rejected in the notice that is sent to you.

If the demand amount is too high then raise the grievance first.

You are well advised to take the help of a CA if the demand has been raised by an assessing officer rather than automatically by the CPC.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:07   #1204
BHPian

I think for a mismatch in deductions like 80c you do not have to submit a grievance.

Go to e-Proceeding -> e-Assessments/Proceedings.
Your communication reference ( from CPC) would show up there, with the same mismatches displayed. Choose the disagree option and key in the values.
There is a way to attach documents also.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:11   #1205
Senior - BHPian

True. That is also an option if this is due to a mismatch. If the reason is "disallowed" he has to do an e nivaran though.

Depends on who raised the demand in the first place, CPC or AO.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:21   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
I think for a mismatch in deductions like 80c you do not have to submit a grievance.

Go to e-Proceeding -> e-Assessments/Proceedings.
Your communication reference ( from CPC) would show up there, with the same mismatches displayed. Choose the disagree option and key in the values.
There is a way to attach documents also.
Yes, I can see the notice being displayed under e-Proceeding -> e-Assessments/Proceedings .

I will choose the "disagree" option , and upload proof of 80C investment.

Apparently there was a change in IT section 143(1) - new sections were added wef April 2017 and that's causing all this.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 28th July 2017 at 15:22.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:37   #1207
Senior - BHPian

I also received the mail from Income Tax department.
This is regarding the deductions declared under 80TTA, Savings bank interest and medical checkup for self.

I am unable to see the notice under e-Proceeding -> e-Assessments/Proceedings

Scouring the net led me to this.
http://www.caclubindia.com/forum/det...10813&offset=6

Apparently a lot of people have received such emails and the CPC helpline is asking to not take any action for the communication received.
Old 28th July 2017, 20:05   #1208
Senior - BHPian

If you buy a snazzy new car and post a picture on social media the tax authorities might see it and send you a notice

http://www.newindianexpress.com/busi...t-1634814.html
Old 28th July 2017, 20:22   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Guys i bought a flat this year and had taken some money from parents for this purpose. Do I need to declare this as gifts while filling returns?
Old 28th July 2017, 20:23   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys i bought a flat this year and had taken some money from parents for this purpose. Do I need to declare this as gifts while filling returns?
Schedule EI - exempt income. Make sure you have a gift deed executed, and the transfer itself was white (eg bank transfer)
Old 28th July 2017, 20:24   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Schedule EI - exempt income. Make sure you have a gift deed executed, and the transfer itself was white (eg bank transfer)
Transfer was white only. But no gift deed is executed.

Is it compulsory?
Old 28th July 2017, 20:28   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Transfer was white only. But no gift deed is executed.

Is it compulsory?
It is required only if you get a query on the same - that is if / when your return is picked for scrutiny.

You dont need to submit any documents with your tax return.
Old 29th July 2017, 02:41   #1213
BHPian

Gents,

Is there a change in the way returns are being calculated or is it that my CA is trying to take me on a long ride.

I handed over everything including my form 16 and documents to them and post initial assessment i was informed about a refund of 67K. Since their fees was based on refund, I immediately transferred the fees to their accounts based on refund amount. Same time, GST kicked in and CA did not communicated anything for next 2 weeks. Again I received a Call yesterday and was told i have a Tax liability of 40 k. They cited me some change in Rules and said only those exemption are allowed which were declared to employer at start of year. Even, they are not allowing me any exception for medical expenses under section 80DDB, saying they were not declared to Employer.

Above all seems suspicious. Is above true that no refund can be sought over and above what is declared to employer at start of financial year. Same time, I switched jobs as well and have worked for earlier employee for 24 days in current financial year. Does that increases My tax liability in anyway. I did not sought any exemption for those 24 days earning and was taxed fully.
Old 29th July 2017, 07:15   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Team, how to invest in govt notified Sec 54EC bonds if you are outside the country? This is to avoid capital gains I am liable for 2018-19.
Old 31st July 2017, 07:57   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Above all seems suspicious. Is above true that no refund can be sought over and above what is declared to employer at start of financial year.
No, to the best of my knowledge. Definitely seems suspicious.

I recommend filing taxes on your own on the internet, using services like taxsmile, cleartax, etc for a nominal fee under Rs 500. Taxsmile esp is very nice I feel, it walks you thru the process step by step.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks