Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:59   #1951
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Did you get a message regarding your refund,since the portal does not say so.Even I got a message that return has been processed,but website doesn't show the updated status.No intimation regarding my refund though.
This is the first time I'm seeing a mismatch between the dashboard status inspite of the order being processed. Will have to watch how this goes.

I think there is a lag in payment of a few days.
In the previous FY, the refund amount due for last year reached got deposited in the bank account with a lag of around a week.
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:01   #1952
Senior - BHPian

This Twitter thread has some usable information about the AIS scheme IT department introduced in budget 2020 and operationalised very recently.

https://twitter.com/sambhavdaga/stat...69009294413826
binand is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:17   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This Twitter thread has some usable information about the AIS scheme IT department introduced in budget 2020 and operationalised very recently.
I was checking this and found that one transaction that I made has been listed twice. Does anyone know if this is normal?

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture.jpg
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:46   #1954
BHPian

Quote:

This sure saves time and effort! Thanks for sharing.
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:36   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Requesting advice from the experts on the below question from a friend:

If a person is employed with an organization based in another country, but will be on work-from-home for an extended period of time, would be be liable to declare income and pay Income Tax in India?

Thanks.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:00   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
If a person is employed with an organization based in another country, but will be on work-from-home for an extended period of time, would be be liable to declare income and pay Income Tax in India?
Yes and yes. They must declare the income and pay tax on it at Indian rates. And make sure the appropriate percentage of the tax reaches the government's coffers by the due dates (Sep 15, Dec 15, Mar 15).

Last edited by binand : 3rd November 2021 at 15:01.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 20:34   #1957

Quote:

Nice informative write-up, today an article has come in Business Standard about the same.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to log into the e-filing portal for the last 2 days. Perhaps Infosys is on Diwali holiday.
Kulin_Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 08:50   #1958
BHPian

Out of the available tax filing websites e.g. like cleartax, eztax, hr block, which is better of the lot to avail services of ITR filing ?
Old 6th November 2021, 10:31   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Out of the available tax filing websites e.g. like cleartax, eztax, hr block, which is better of the lot to avail services of ITR filing ?
Frankly, none of the above.

With the availability of TIS/AIS, and gradual reduction in gremlins, the department portal remains your best bet. It will take a while to familiarize yourself of the features, but once done, it will be an easy and (more important) safe walk.
dailydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 15:07   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Frankly, none of the above.

With the availability of TIS/AIS, and gradual reduction in gremlins, the department portal remains your best bet. It will take a while to familiarize yourself of the features, but once done, it will be an easy and (more important) safe walk.
I second this recommendation. Nothing is as good as the IT online app and it is absolutely free.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 10:32   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While it took me a lot of effort, time, patience and perseverance to press the submit button without any mistakes being pointed out by the site, once submitted, the return was processed almost immediately.
The refund amount, with an interest of ₹300/-, was credited to my account on 08/11/2021(6 days). However, it landed up in an account that isn't my primary one. Was it another one of the website's quirks or a selection error on my part isn't clear. But all's well that ends well.

Further, I filed another ITR 2 for a family member which too was processed rather quickly, in about 18 hours.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:02   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Did you get a message regarding your refund,since the portal does not say so.Even I got a message that return has been processed,but website doesn't show the updated status.No intimation regarding my refund though.
Did you receive the refund?
In my case, the status is correctly reflected on my dashboard. However, no refund issued yet, more than a week since the order was passed.
Clicking on the refund status link lands me on an empty page. Must be one of the many hidden gremlins in the site.
Name:  REFUNDSTATUS.png
Views: 228
Size:  34.8 KB

Quote:
The refund amount, with an interest of ₹300/-, was credited to my account on 08/11/2021(6 days). However, it landed up in an account that isn't my primary one. Was it another one of the website's quirks or a selection error on my part isn't clear. But all's well that ends well.
Do check which bank account is configured to receive refunds (on the left hand side in the login screen) under the BankAccounts link.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:16   #1963
BHPian

Yes I did receive the refund on 3rd Nov. But the status still shows Processing.
inder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 15:53   #1964
BHPian

Annual Information Statement

Experts
Has anyone reviewed/ compared ‘A.I.S. report’ with equity short term/ long term gain statement from your broker?

A.I.S. contain equity selling reported by NSDL/ CDSL. There is a big difference in sell rate in broker report and A.I.S. report.

As per my broker zerodha I earned a short term gain of Rs. 20053 in FY 2020-21 but in A.I.S. the difference between sell and purchase amount is Rs. 28767. Whereas my fund balance match with zerodha statement. Same thing is happening with my brother, who has his trading account in sharekhan.

Can experts elaborate calculation formula of NSDL/ CDSL?
(Alok) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:34   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a proven method or workaround by which I can work on my IT return on multiple computers, with the new software? Previously I just had to save the draft on a network drive (I used Dropbox) and I had access to my WIP return on any computer I logged in. The new software doesn't seem to have this flexibility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks