Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2021, 08:16   #1891
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
If I go the NetBanking route, it takes me to a page where it shows a loading spinner indefinitely. Now I am not sure if I have to wait for this to be fixed or should I be trying some other flow? Honest tax payers have to break their head and waste precious time to to figure out this 4000 crores of utter waste.
Same situation as you. I left the window open for the entire 40 minutes of the valid login and still it was showing "Loading"

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture2.jpg

I also am wanting to know if there is a non "E" verification available. Something like me going somewhere and standing in a queue for hours. I would prefer that to this system which is showing the same error for a month now.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 08:23   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
I also am wanting to know if there is a non "E" verification available. Something like me going somewhere and standing in a queue for hours. I would prefer that to this system which is showing the same error for a month now.
There is a 120 day time window for closing the verification. Maybe you can give it a few more tries?
You can still snail mail the ITRV to CPC like earlier times. Either by speed post or normal post, would recommend speed post since you have evidence of posting it from your end.
Old 31st August 2021, 12:15   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Using Version 1.0.10 of the e-filing utility helped me. It solves most of the previously highlighted issues. Guys still having issues with filing/ verification of returns can try this version.
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:28   #1894
Distinguished - BHPian

One observation- This year we are just happy discussing how some have successfully filed the ITR somehow. No talks about return processing!

So, here goes the eternal question - Has anyone gotten their return processed by now? Going a step further, any refunds received by anyone?
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:56   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
One observation- This year we are just happy discussing how some have successfully filed the ITR somehow. No talks about return processing!

So, here goes the eternal question - Has anyone gotten their return processed by now?
Filed my IT returns on 15 July, still in 'return processing' state
tj123 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 10:06   #1896
BHPian

I have salary income and capital gains from shares (also some carried forward capital losses). Is it possible to select the new tax regime for the current year, and switch to the previous regime the next year (will have a home loan)?
Old 6th September 2021, 11:48   #1897
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I have salary income and capital gains from shares (also some carried forward capital losses). Is it possible to select the new tax regime for the current year, and switch to the previous regime the next year (will have a home loan)?
From my understanding last year, once you switch to new, you cannot go back to old. Also, if you have a home loan ( unless its a very small interest component), the old one will result in a lesser tax outgo.

Tax experts can clarify/confirm.
Old 6th September 2021, 11:53   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
From my understanding last year, once you switch to new, you cannot go back to old. Also, if you have a home loan ( unless its a very small interest component), the old one will result in a lesser tax outgo.

Tax experts can clarify/confirm.
It can be switched every financial year. My wife did the same after checking with our tax lawyer since we now have a big home loan on our names.
Old 6th September 2021, 11:54   #1899
BHPian

I filed my return in July and it is still in e-verified status. Is this normal? Anyone else who is in the same boat?
Old 6th September 2021, 11:58   #1900
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
It can be switched every financial year. My wife did the same after checking with our tax lawyer since we now have a big home loan on our names.
You are right. It looks like it is possible for salaried but not for business income.

Below is the quote from an article in Mint

Quote:
Switching from one regime to another

The salaried have the option to choose between both the regimes every year. Even if you have opted a particular tax regime with your employer, you can still choose the other regime while filing your ITR in case the other option seems more beneficial to you while computing the tax liability at the time of filing the ITR.

Please note that the self-employed do not have the choice to come back to old tax regime once the new one is opted unless they stop having business income. So the person with business income has to be vary careful while migrating to new regime as it is only one way journey for them.

Whether the new scheme works for you or the old one will depend on composition of your income and deductions available and one will have to take decision based on his circumstances.
Old 6th September 2021, 12:19   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
You are right. It looks like it is possible for salaried but not for business income.
What is business income? Does it include capital gain from shares?
Old 7th September 2021, 08:25   #1902
BHPian

It looks like the new platform has stabilized. I am able to fill out the returns without any issues. For ITR2, the new platform is also easier than last year's excel utility.

One question: Is there any easy way to find out the cost price of all mutual funds to fill up schedule AL (asset declaration)?

- Vinodh
vinodh_eee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 11:03   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
One question: Is there any easy way to find out the cost price of all mutual funds to fill up schedule AL (asset declaration)?
I get a monthly email from NSDL with the CAS - Consolidated Account Statement - for the previous month. I use the closing value at the end of March to populate schedule AL.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:07   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I get a monthly email from NSDL with the CAS - Consolidated Account Statement - for the previous month. I use the closing value at the end of March to populate schedule AL.
But closing value is the current value. I thought we have to put the cost price in schedule AL.
Old 7th September 2021, 15:05   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

So, here goes the eternal question - Has anyone gotten their return processed by now? Going a step further, any refunds received by anyone?
I got my refund in around a month. It was a v. small amount though.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks