Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 22:57   #1936
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

A question to experts.
I took a loan to purchase empty land about 10 years ago. I sold the land recently. Can I include the interest paid towards the loan, in the cost of acquisition for computing capital gains? Note that the loan is not a home loan and I did not claim any income tax benefit vide section 24.

- Vinodh
Old 29th October 2021, 09:20   #1937
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Despite filing my returns on time, I had not received the intimation that it had been processed.
This week I received the intimation, along with a demand - for a princely sum of Rs.110 (Rs.100 is the threshold for waiving off but this was more!)
Old 30th October 2021, 16:19   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My ITR is stuck in 'under processing' stage since 19th August. Anyone in the same boat? Or should I submit a grievance regarding the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I am also in the same boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Even I'm aware of a couple of folks apart from me whose ITR is not yet processed.
I had filed in early July, after the initial issues with e-verification were sorted out, and my ITR was processed towards mid of September.

For the previous AY it took even longer, by mid of December though I filed in July itself.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 20:35   #1939
Team-BHP Support

Mine was a rather straightforward IT Return and no refunds due, but still pleasantly surprised that it was processed under 2 hours from e-verification!
Old 30th October 2021, 20:48   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Refering to my own quote, saw this message on ClearTax site. Hopefully it should be enabled and soon.
Looks like we can download the JSON and upload at the IncomeTax site now if one is in a hurry.
Yes, I did that. Downloaded tbe JSON from Cleartax and uploaded into Income Tax site. Worked smoothly, no probem.
Old 30th October 2021, 20:50   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even I have been using ClearTax for the last few years and found it quite easy to use. I just had to upload the docs and it was doing all the computations. It could read the P&L statement from Kotakstreet and other brokerages as well. If there was any pending tax, I could pay it in the portal, generate the IT challan and be done with the whole thing.

What I dont understand in this new portal is
a. Total inability to upload Form16 and other docs (Read somewhere they had 900+ people working for 2 years and we get this!!! )
b. Not enabling the API so that we can file the ITR from other sites like ClearTax or Taxsmile.
Continue using Cleartax, I'd suggest. It's very user-friendly. And the final eFiling workaround of downloading and uploading JSON works smoothly
Old 30th October 2021, 20:53   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
^^^A few years back I was forced to use cleartax as the Excel utility of the official ITR site was acting up. The cleartax online utility was not able to compute one of the section 80 exemptions which inflated my net taxable income. It was a very basic flaw really and several emails to their support team exposed their incompetence.

I finally paid a CA firm to file my return since the deadline was almost up. It was "clear" to me that cleartax could only deal with the most basic of returns, anything more like CG gains etc had them stumped Mind you, I am talking about stuff which a non finance chap like I can handle.

For simple ITR 1 returns, you could have used the pre filled utility on the ITR site itself. But that was until last year, before the finance ministry in all its wisdom decided to make our lives more interesting.
My experience has been the opposite. I have found Cleartax (as also Taxsmime, which I used to use earlier) to be very capable. Handles all deductions, MFs, equity, etc investments, no problem.
Old 30th October 2021, 22:52   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
I had filed in early July, after the initial issues with e-verification were sorted out, and my ITR was processed towards mid of September.

For the previous AY it took even longer, by mid of December though I filed in July itself.
My ITR was processed on Thursday. I was expecting a refund and that too was credited on Friday. I had filed it in July.

My last itr was also processed pretty late. I filed in June but was processed in January!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 23:30   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My ITR was processed on Thursday. I was expecting a refund and that too was credited on Friday. I had filed it in July.

My last itr was also processed pretty late. I filed in June but was processed in January!
Something odd or stupid has happend with my ITR. I filled my ITR on time in July and was expecting a refund. I got an intimation in September that my refund has been approved and I will get it soon in my account. Till date no refund has been credited in my account

I raised a grievance but no response to that still for over 15 days now
Old 1st November 2021, 13:35   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Something odd or stupid has happend with my ITR. I filled my ITR on time in July and was expecting a refund. I got an intimation in September that my refund has been approved and I will get it soon in my account.
I am in similar scenario.
Filed return on 31st July. Expecting a refund.
Received no response till mid October and recently received an SMS that response under sec143(1) has been sent to my mail ID.
But actually got this after 3 days of SMS. It does acknowledges refund, but no further action/refund yet.
My Wife got her form16 late. Hence not yet filed her return but she too will be claiming a refund. Not sure what will be the expected turnaround in her case.

A question to experts
Am I supposed to respond in some ways to sec143(1) intimation? As I haven't done this ever!
Old 1st November 2021, 13:58   #1946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Am I supposed to respond in some ways to sec143(1) intimation? As I haven't done this ever!
You need to check your mail and see the mail. Based on that you need to take action. It also could mean you have to pay some dues, etc.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:30   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You need to check your mail and see the mail. Based on that you need to take action. It also could mean you have to pay some dues, etc.
Thanks a lot sir.
I checked the PDF they shared as attachment. It accepts the fact that I have refunds. Value against Outstanding Demand is "0".
However - the fun part : Which I completely missed earlier - and read after reading your response. Sincere Thanks again.
Looks as if IT department is done from their end & I have nothing to action, except checking the status of refund from the website.

Quote:
"The Refund is issued by the State Bank of India (Refund Banker) on behalf of the Income Tax Department. The details of the status of the Refund can be obtained from website (www.tin-nsdl.com) under "Status of Tax Refunds". In case of any difficulty or delay in the receipt of refund, kindly call the State Bank of India Call Center number 18004259760 to know the status of refund."
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:04   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Q1: How long does it take a reasonably educated and fairly knowledgeable individual to file his ITR using the new portal?

A: Four months; ten attempts.

Q2: How long does it take for the CPC to process an ITR 2 with a refund due?

A: Approximately 100 minutes.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-img_20211102_145133.jpg

While it took me a lot of effort, time, patience and perseverance to press the submit button without any mistakes being pointed out by the site, once submitted, the return was processed almost immediately.

That said, the IT department and Infosys must publicly apologize for the hardships that were caused to the tax paying public because of the incompetencies of the two entities.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:03   #1949
BHPian

Submitted my ITR2 on 26th Oct, pleasantly surprised that the refund order is issued today. Looks like they have actually computerized and not keeping humans behind the processing :-)
Last year I filed my return in July '20 and got my refund in Jan '21.

However, on the income tax portal's user dashboard, it still shows that returns processing has not happened! Hope it is just a lag in sync times.
Name:  e_Filing_Home_Page_Income_Tax_Department_Government_of_India.png
Views: 170
Size:  8.8 KB

This time around I had to struggle with the dividend payments. Lesson learnt, now I'm tracking the dividends in an excel.
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:28   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Submitted my ITR2 on 26th Oct, pleasantly surprised that the refund order is issued today. Looks like they have actually computerized and not keeping humans behind the processing :-)
Last year I filed my return in July '20 and got my refund in Jan '21.

However, on the income tax portal's user dashboard, it still shows that returns processing has not happened! Hope it is just a lag in sync times.
Attachment 2227195

This time around I had to struggle with the dividend payments. Lesson learnt, now I'm tracking the dividends in an excel.
Did you get a message regarding your refund,since the portal does not say so.Even I got a message that return has been processed,but website doesn't show the updated status.No intimation regarding my refund though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks