Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 17:10   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Wanted to check, if anyone of you were able to login to new income tax website at https://www.incometax.gov.in.

Even after 3 days, I am not able to login and helplines are just impossible to get connected.
Working to resolve glitches, will take a few days:

Quote:
we have observed some technical issues on day one, and are working to resolve the
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 17:28   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to check, if anyone of you were able to login to new income tax website at https://www.incometax.gov.in.

Even after 3 days, I am not able to login and helplines are just impossible to get connected.
It's down since launch day. Here is what FM had to say.
Attached Thumbnails
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-img_20210609_172730.jpg  

Old 9th June 2021, 17:32   #1788

Quote:

Yes, even I am not able to access the website nor login. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon and as usual, many of the due dates have already been extended. I guess the need for an improved website was warranted by the faceless assessment and other sophisticated changes brought about by the Income Tax Act. Excited!
Old 10th June 2021, 17:39   #1789
BHPian

I tried today, I was able to log in. It was too slow to respond. Going to each menu was taking ages and hence I could not explore much. Navigation looks cumbersome, perhaps will improve with time. They have added typical graphics of last few years returns, trends etc.
I was looking for downloading Form 26 AS, which was hidden under Tax returns!
Old 10th June 2021, 22:20   #1790
BHPian

Son gifts around 30 lakh to his senior citizen father, father invest it to gain some income (from FD, stocks & F&O). Will this income be clubbed with the son's income since the fund source was from him? (I heard that clubbing not applicable in the case of parents).
Also, will gift tax be applicable for parents?

Some say income will be clubbed whereas some say it will not
E.g. following blog by a CA says clubbing not applicable - https://www.charteredclub.com/tax-fd-mother-father/

Does anyone here have clarity on this?

Last edited by techcoze : 10th June 2021 at 22:21.
Old 10th June 2021, 22:40   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Son gifts around 30 lakh to his senior citizen father, father invest it to gain some income (from FD, stocks & F&O). Will this income be clubbed with the son's income since the fund source was from him?
Since it is a gift, it is now the father's money. The fruits of it will be enjoyed by him, and so any taxes on it after investing it and deriving income will be paid for by the father only.

However, if the funds provided for by the son for not from his known source of income, then it will get tricky. Then, to prove that the said money is not "unexplained" will be upon the son.

Quote:
Also, will gift tax be applicable for parents?
No. Provided it was from his son's known sources of income.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:15   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
It's down since launch day. Here is what FM had to say.
A strange way for a client to communicate to a vendor to say the least. Wonder what the babus were thinking of when they signed off to go live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
I tried today, I was able to log in. It was too slow to respond. Going to each menu was taking ages and hence I could not explore much. Navigation looks cumbersome, perhaps will improve with time. They have added typical graphics of last few years returns, trends etc.
I was looking for downloading Form 26 AS, which was hidden under Tax returns!
A large improvement over the past few day - earlier we were only able to login :-)
Yesterday, I was able to login and use the portal - the UI is much more current, although I'm not sure if that jazzup was required at the cost of 4K Cr. Perhaps there was a need to revamp the backend. I'm digressing.

I wanted to download the prefilled ITR2 forms, while I was able to download the JSON, the offline filing utility did not download - no message, no error. Looks like there are still some glitches. Hopefully they get resolved.
The prefilled JSON does not have capital gains recorded, although it has the taxpaid/TDS and bank account details correctly mapped.
Old 13th June 2021, 12:14   #1793
BHPian

Still I am unable to login, even once. Everytime I tried with post entering the password, I get this screen and there is no option to choose to continue.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture.jpg
Old 13th June 2021, 12:35   #1794
BHPian

I was able to login and hence thought of submitting my mother's IT returns. There were lot of glitches while filling. After getting rid of those issues, I could come until we do e-verify. Here, I wanted to e-verify through aadhar, but i was not getting OTP even after trying so many times. Then i wanted to submit it and then do e-verify later. Even that did not succeed.
So, my observation is, this portal had got so many issues (almost at every step) and I just wonder how a company like Infosys can develop such a SW and release it without proper testing?
Old 13th June 2021, 16:28   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I was able to login and hence thought of submitting my mother's IT returns. There were lot of glitches while filling. After getting rid of those issues, I could come until we do e-verify. Here, I wanted to e-verify through aadhar, but i was not getting OTP even after trying so many times. Then i wanted to submit it and then do e-verify later. Even that did not succeed.
So, my observation is, this portal had got so many issues (almost at every step) and I just wonder how a company like Infosys can develop such a SW and release it without proper testing?
I am sure if this would happen to a corporate customer, the impact on business could have been much severe. It is another issue, the corporate customer would have never released without a trial run and stress test.
Old 13th June 2021, 20:57   #1796
BHPian

Planning to file ITR for my father this year (never filed ITR so far). But PAN-Aadhar linking is still pending due to some data discrepancies.

Will i be able to file ITR even if PAN-Aadhar linking is not done?

(P.S. - Planning to get done linking done once pandemic cools down, not sure if it will complete before ITR deadline)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th June 2021 at 15:41. Reason: Typo
Old 16th June 2021, 15:26   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I was able to login and hence thought of submitting my mother's IT returns.
I managed to login today and after navigating the site for a couple of hours, I am still clueless about how to file my return. For context - I am a Chartered Accountant myself and have filing returns through the old portal for more than ten years. The new "Utility" and "JSon files" are either not compatible with the Microsoft OS on my laptop or I have become outdated and am no longer compatible with the new income tax website

It beats me why the Government wanted to fix things which were not broken....and spend Rs.4k crores doing it.

If any of you are able to successfully navigate the new portal and file your return - please let me know.
Rajeev1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 18:06   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
If any of you are able to successfully navigate the new portal and file your return - please let me know.
Today I was able to submit and e-verify my mother's and wife's IT returns. Both are ITR-1 form. But, in the email that i have received after submitting, the 'Acknowledgement' attachment itself is missing! Anyway, I can download this thing from the portal any time and hence I am not worried. But talk about their 'upgraded' SW!

Mine is ITR-2 and the first step is to download the utility, that itself failed
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 18:41   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Today I tried to access the old portal, incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in to see if AY2021-22 ITRs are available or not, but was automatically redirected to the new portal - incometax.gov.in. I was slightly nonplussed. Anyway, checked out the Download section - found that this time round, we have a common ITR combining all of 1-4. And the download now is a .EXE (middle finger to Mac/Linux users?) which just seems like a container around some web pages. There was a mention of Online mode/Offline mode and lots of JSON references, so I think things have changed substantially and it is best to read through the documentation before trying anything.

The existing documentation seems to be entirely contained here (note the "instrutions" in the URL):

https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/fop...al-instrutions
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:31   #1800
BHPian

Question for Old hands:: How do you ofset LTCG tax? I had to clear my portfolio for personal reasons and now face a substantial LTCG tax in coming AY. How can I ofset it? Any investment vehicle that can help? (Similar to what we have for property based LTCG)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks