Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2021, 21:26   #1876
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Now Aug 10th version of offline utility is also available. Will try to start a fresh filing. It's like writing imposition, trying multiple times
I downloaded the latest utility today and tried to enter the LTCG details using the CSV in the schedule 112A section, for some reason it refuses to acknowledge the cost of acquisition field when you upload Has anyone tried this way?

I redeemed MF and entering individual costs is painfully slow.
Old 20th August 2021, 22:18   #1877
BHPian

I need help from experts here.
I am buying shares through ESOP (Foreign company listed shares) and last year I sold some shares and made STCG of around Rs 17000.
I also received dividend amount of around Rs 2000.

Now my question is, how/where do I capture this income in my ITR2? Should this STCG be captured under section 111?
And Dividend income to be captured under ‘Income from other sources’? Like what we do for ‘Indian company listed shares’?
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:03   #1878
Distinguished - BHPian

The simple existing tax portal was re-done in the name of simplicity.

Plagued with glitches right from the beginning, the new portal went missing on Aug 21st.

Now the CEO of Infosys summoned to explain glitches in I-T e-filing portal

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2021 at 19:04.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:59   #1879
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How difficult is it to roll back to the old portal? Or atleast keep that in parallel so that people can complete the filing.Unless the stars at Infy have botched up that as well.

Believe me the CEO and the execs will anyday take a dressing down from government than do a mock filing of the ITR2 in the new portal.

Last edited by m8002? : 22nd August 2021 at 20:04.
m8002? is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 02:59   #1880
Senior - BHPian

There was error in last year's IT (AY2020-21) assessment as a result of which taxpayers were charged penal interest incorrectly for late filing under section 234a. (The last date for filing was extended but not considered in the calculation for everyone).

I had received one demand and had paid half the amount with one challan and the other half seperately using another challan.

Unfortunately the new portal accepted only one challan as attachment and now I'm seeing the other half amount as unpaid with interest piling up although I've paid the full amount using 2 challans.

I had raised a grevience and have not seen any action so far.

The added problem is the IT dept., has announced it will refund the penal interest in case erroneously charged. I may not even get the refund as the demand has not been corrected yet.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 23rd August 2021 at 03:03.
for_cars1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:35   #1881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The simple existing tax portal was re-done in the name of simplicity...
The vendor deserves all the flak they're getting for deploying a faulty, half-baked product, but the customer is at fault too for accepting it, or are we to assume the IT Department had no set acceptance criteria to be met before signing-off such a critical application, that too launched in peak tax season?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:30   #1882
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to file my wife's IT return. The website seems to hang once we click on the 'Proceed to next steps' button after the calculated return amount is shown. Anybody else is able to use it?

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-cleartax.jpg

IT portal has its own shenanigans but I thought these private portals were atleast working to do the basic pre-requisite steps?

In my case I had 2 form-16s and some more calculations so took help of a CA who could file & e-verify it after struggling for a week or so. But wife's is pretty straightforward, so am try to do it myself the way we have been doing all these years. But damn

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th August 2021 at 17:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 18:01   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I was trying to file my wife's IT return. The website seems to hang once we click on the 'Proceed to next steps' button after the calculated return amount is shown. Anybody else is able to use it?
Don't use ClearTax, I have had a bad experience with them and have read negative posts from other members also.

Log in directly to the income tax filing site and use the pre filled utility if it's ITR 1. You could still face problems with what's happening, but better than using ClearTax any day.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2021 at 18:55. Reason: a word
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 18:22   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Don't use cleartax, I have had a bad experience with them and have read negative posts from other members also.
\
Could you please elaborate what sort of issues/bad-experiences?

I have been using it for filing returns since last 6 years and found it pretty straight-forward. But then, I don't have any secondary income nor did I sell any stocks/MFs in last few year so probably didn't have much complication to face any issue.

P.S: Just spoke to a friend who works in ClearTax(non-technical). Apparently they are still waiting for APIs for the new IT portal. And asked me to try filing using their android app(no iOS app).

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th August 2021 at 18:24.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:06   #1885
BHPian

^^^A few years back I was forced to use cleartax as the Excel utility of the official ITR site was acting up. The cleartax online utility was not able to compute one of the section 80 exemptions which inflated my net taxable income. It was a very basic flaw really and several emails to their support team exposed their incompetence.

I finally paid a CA firm to file my return since the deadline was almost up. It was "clear" to me that cleartax could only deal with the most basic of returns, anything more like CG gains etc had them stumped Mind you, I am talking about stuff which a non finance chap like I can handle.

For simple ITR 1 returns, you could have used the pre filled utility on the ITR site itself. But that was until last year, before the finance ministry in all its wisdom decided to make our lives more interesting.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 10:22   #1886
BHPian

Even I have been using ClearTax for the last few years and found it quite easy to use. I just had to upload the docs and it was doing all the computations. It could read the P&L statement from Kotakstreet and other brokerages as well. If there was any pending tax, I could pay it in the portal, generate the IT challan and be done with the whole thing.

What I dont understand in this new portal is
a. Total inability to upload Form16 and other docs (Read somewhere they had 900+ people working for 2 years and we get this!!! )
b. Not enabling the API so that we can file the ITR from other sites like ClearTax or Taxsmile.
Old 27th August 2021, 10:30   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

Managed to get my IT returns filed. Since so many people were reporting issues, went to a CA to get it done. Had to go twice because the portal was down the first time I went. Fortunately, after the FM summoned the Infy CEO (like a schoolboy going to the principal's office), his minions worked overnight and got it up. The CA was able to file the returns easily. They said the new portal was causing several issues. Infy should be fined heavily for this debacle and blacklisted from future government contracts! What was wrong with the previous portal that we need to put up with this shoddy job?!
Old 27th August 2021, 12:03   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
b. Not enabling the API so that we can file the ITR from other sites like ClearTax or Taxsmile.
Refering to my own quote, saw this message on ClearTax site. Hopefully it should be enabled and soon.
Looks like we can download the JSON and upload at the IncomeTax site now if one is in a hurry.
Attached Thumbnails
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture.png  

m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:59   #1889
BHPian

Is anyone able to E-Verify returns? The new portal is so pathetic. Nothing works, I see error messages in web dev-console for almost all actions. When I try to E-Verify using Aadhaar, it sends OTP to my number, I enter the OTP and click on Submit and nothing happens.
If I go the NetBanking route, it takes me to a page where it shows a loading spinner indefinitely. Now I am not sure if I have to wait for this to be fixed or should I be trying some other flow? Honest tax payers have to break their head and waste precious time to to figure out this 4000 crores of utter waste.

Last edited by Funny : 27th August 2021 at 19:00.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 19:50   #1890
Senior - BHPian

I have filed ITR-2 for my wife couple of weeks back. Surprisingly I have found the new portal easier than previous excel utility.

I will start working on my ITR-3 from this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Is anyone able to E-Verify returns? The new portal is so pathetic. Nothing works, I see error messages in web dev-console for almost all actions. When I try to E-Verify using Aadhaar, it sends OTP to my number, I enter the OTP and click on Submit and nothing happens.
E-verification using Aadhaar OTP for ITR-2 of my wife worked just fine and got ITR Acknowledgement immediately.

Last edited by airbus : 27th August 2021 at 19:51.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks