Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 18:19   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

I have been getting a couple of hundred rupees per month as cash back for my credit card spends.

How would this amount be treated for calculation of Income tax?
Old 8th August 2021, 18:25   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Are you guys able to do e-verification? I took help of a CA for filing returns as I had 2 form 16s. She helped filing the return after trying multiple times over last 4-5 days . Now when I try to e-verify the website just doesn’t work (hangs).
Old 8th August 2021, 23:27   #1848
BHPian

Wasted good 6 hours in trying to file ITR2 (consists of capital gains in equity, debt mf, dividend income and also carry forward loss from previous years) . Learnt a lot in this process Tried offline edition. However I am unable to submit as it's throwing 234c penalty though I have paid all taxes in advance. Very sad state of the utility. Tried online also couple of times it has it's own set of issues and looks like offline edition is better.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 00:10   #1849
Senior - BHPian

I sold a property in March and I have had invested all the amount as well which was applicable for capital gains in a new property which is now registered as well.

How do I show that in ITR returns ?
Also the said property which I sold, was inherited from my Dad, and was bought by him in 1993. How can I get the amount for capital gain ?
Old 9th August 2021, 08:35   #1850
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance for raising this query. For all the time i have been earning. My income tax filing has never been done by me. One of my family friend has been doing it for me. This time even after filing, there seems to be some issue in E-Verification. This friend has been using his contact details in the portal and since they differ from the contact details in Aadhar, he was not able to complete it. So i took up the task of trying to complete the task and looks like i completely made a hash of it. I do not remember the sequence of what i did to reach here, but this is the screen i am stuck in.

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-capture.jpg

From this step, As a next step to it, i do the netbanking login, try e filing from that and i get stuck in the first screen after login. Any further action logs me out of the portal.

From this step if i press the back button or any other drop down menus, i get logged out.

I have been stuck in this stage for days. I wanted to check if there is some non internet based method to do this e verification. It shows that i have completed the tax filing for this year. Will it be a problem if the E verification is not completed.
Old 9th August 2021, 08:36   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Wasted good 6 hours in trying to file ITR2 (consists of capital gains in equity, debt mf, dividend income and also carry forward loss from previous years).
Can you please guide me how to carry forward loss? I'm using the offline utility and need to file ITR2.
I did a good amount of booking losses when the market dipped in 2020 March in the Covid1. I could not figure out how to carry over this into the FY20-21 returns.
Old 9th August 2021, 12:30   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post

I have been stuck in this stage for days. I wanted to check if there is some non internet based method to do this e verification. It shows that i have completed the tax filing for this year. Will it be a problem if the E verification is not completed.
Same here, clicking on E-verify does nothing on the screen. I tried to raise a grievance, but even that has bugs and is asking me to enter text of 100 characters which I have done. If e-verification is not done, it's akin to not filing
Old 9th August 2021, 14:46   #1853
Senior - BHPian

I had filed my IT Return (ITR-3) for the AY 2020-21 on 5-11-2020, but my return is still not processed and I need to start working on filing AY 2021-22 IT Return. Anyone else facing similar problem? Can I file IT Return if previous year's return is not processed. My wife's IT Return (ITR-2) was filed later than me but it was processed on 7-1-2021. Not sure if my return is stuck because it is ITR-3. Raised a grievance on E Filing portal.
Old 11th August 2021, 07:37   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Can I file IT Return if previous year's return is not processed.
It happens. You can go ahead and file for this year. I have filed last year when my previous year was not processed by the dept. Later on it was processed. Similarly I am going to file for this year when my last year returns are still under processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Can you please guide me how to carry forward loss? I'm using the offline utility and need to file ITR2.
When you have filed this returns last year, you should have shown the loss so that you can carry forward that to this year and set it off against the gain this year.
Old 11th August 2021, 08:01   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
When you have filed this returns last year, you should have shown the loss so that you can carry forward that to this year and set it off against the gain this year.
Thanks. I have shown the loss in the previous year's filing.
In the current ITR2 form where do I fill this number? Earlier in the excel based forms there used to be a sheet to enter the BFL.

I am unable to figure out how to enter the brought forward loss.
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-broughtforwardloss.png
Old 12th August 2021, 16:38   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In the current ITR2 form where do I fill this number? Earlier in the excel based forms there used to be a sheet to enter the BFL.

I am unable to figure out how to enter the brought forward loss.
[/ATTACH]
Now also you have BFL page in this online form like how you have CYLA form. Please check, enable it if you have not. Enter the details and then come to this form and set off.
Please refer this link for the details https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/fop...file-itr2-form
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:18   #1857
BHPian

Bhpians

I need help regarding TDS deduction by Post Office.

On our ‘Fixed Deposits’, Bank & NBFCs deduct TDS on interest part and process the same to Income Tax department on quarterly basis and Finally Income Tax department issue us the ‘Form 26AS’ for the said ‘Financial year’.

How ‘Post Office’ process the TDS on fixed deposit/ other schemes? Is it on yearly basis or on maturity of the deposit/ scheme?

What procedure to be followed to get the ‘Interest Statement’ and/or ‘TDS certificate’ from Post Office for the required financial year?
Old 13th August 2021, 18:10   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Folks,

I am in a soup wrt income tax demand. Asking experts to help.

My previous employer deducted but not deposit TDS in fy2013 and fy 2014.
Hence no form 16 and reflection on 26AS.
Company is now liquidated.

As suggested by CA, I filed returns based on tax calculations ( rule says TDS default is employer's mistake, I cannot be penalised)

I have outstanding demands for both years and every time there is a refund it gets adjusted against it.
I have written multiple times to e-nivaran with all details and they send standard reply " demand is right"

My IT is Hyderabad circle while I am in Jharkhand

Please suggest way forward.

this is the reule : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...rs%2Fdeductors.

And I think I had done the lawful thing by filing: https://taxguru.in/income-tax/tds-on...-defaults.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Welcome to India.

Employer goofs up , employee pays up.

No other options - resign yourselves to no refunds for the foreseeable future .

UNLESS
You pay up for someone's mess up !

And we are supposed to be a democracy!

Hundreds of former Kingfisher Airlines employees are in the same mess up. Everyone knows it is the employers fault. Court cases have confirmed it . Yet IT department refuses to remove the demands from their computers

It is I guess the same with other defaulting employers though.

NB - On a side note, the IATA two letter code of Kingfisher Airlines was IT (Like AI or 6E for Air India and Indigo).

IT and IT - A deadly combination !
Quoting my own post. Does anyone know what can be done?
I asked couple of CA's, they said a lawyer will file a case and take stay on demand. But haven't found a clear way forward.
Court decision in case similar to mine: https://blog.saginfotech.com/deducte...not-liable-tds

It seems to be happening all over https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0500643_1.html

TDS default happened in Mumbai
my AO is Hyderabad
I live in Jharkhand now.

Requesting CA's /Lawyers and experts to guide

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 13th August 2021 at 18:23.
Old 14th August 2021, 19:00   #1859
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can someone let me know how to enter the loss from long term equity transactions? I need to enter a loss of around 50K but the IT portal doesnt allow -50K.

A screenshot would help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th August 2021, 21:28   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Can someone let me know how to enter the loss from long term equity transactions? I need to enter a loss of around 50K but the IT portal doesnt allow -50K.
Please use Schedule 112A section. You will not enter the value directly. Enter acquisition cost (Total purchase value) and consideration (Total sale value). Profit or loss will be calculated. Hope this helps. Sorry I do not have screenshot.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks