Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 12:06   #76
BHPian

Re: Relocating to Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
PS: Even if you have a smart card, the RC will have a section that says "Hypothecation". Once you get it removed, you will get a new smart card that says "Hypothecation: Nil"
I got the RC in Feb 2014, and there is no mention of hypothecation anywhere in the smart card - even while the loan was running.
Old 28th July 2015, 20:55   #77
BHPian

Bumping this thread up, can someone suggest rental options in nearby areas if one is working out of Nandanam, Anna Salai? Preference is for residential areas suitable for a family to relocate to and the cap on the monthly rental is flexible provided the locality justifies the premium, if any. Am assuming that Chennai rentals are comparable to Bangalore (say areas there which are counterparts to the Indiranagars and Koramangalas of Bangalore)

Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by aah78 : 29th July 2015 at 21:49. Reason: Cross post in other thread removed. Thanks for reporting!
Old 28th July 2015, 22:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving to Chennai, Need Help.

The office will be in Nandanam? Then you can stay at Nandanam itself and walk to work; or Venkatanarayana Road / thereabouts in T'nagar, which will just be a couple of km away from work.
Old 28th July 2015, 22:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Preference is for localities which are relatively cosmopolitan and not involving a commute of more than 30 minutes, in that order.
You can try in localities around Cenotaph Road and Nandanam.
Old 29th July 2015, 12:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this thread up, can someone suggest rental options in nearby areas if one is working out of Nandanam, Anna Salai? Preference is for residential areas suitable for a family to relocate to and the cap on the monthly rental is flexible provided the locality justifies the premium, if any. Am assuming that Chennai rentals are comparable to Bangalore (say areas there which are counterparts to the Indiranagars and Koramangalas of Bangalore)

Thanks in advance
Anna Salai (Anna road) is like a dividing line between two parts of the city. On one side towards T. Nagar you will find lots of business and also the rental is relatively cheaper. The other side of the road like Alwarpet, Raja Annamalaipuram, TTK Road etc are super expensive.

I would say start your search around T. Nagar. Average single bedroom is around 10K i would say. a double would be around 15K.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:44   #81
BHPian

Thanks all for your pointers, can you also suggest serviced apartments around Anna Salai, Nandanam that one can use as temporarily?

thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 15:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
You should take a look at Kotturpuram, Alwarpet - TTK Road and thereabouts, RA Puram, T.Nagar.

Quote:
Thanks all for your pointers, can you also suggest serviced apartments around Anna Salai, Nandanam that one can use as temporarily?

thanks
I have used Absolute Homes in the past for my guests. They have a pretty nice place in Kotturpuram. You could check them out.
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:28   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. A friend of mine moving from bay area to Chennai, Anna nagar in a few months. Any recommendations on a) Apartments which are suitable for a family b) Schools for a 10yr old.
Old 26th August 2020, 09:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
A friend of mine moving from bay area to Chennai, Anna nagar
I would suggest him to explore schools for his kid first and look at accommodation accordingly. This would decide whether it is Annanagar or not

Apartments are aplenty allover the place, hardly a decision maker.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 13:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Bumping up an old thread. A friend of mine moving from bay area to Chennai, Anna nagar in a few months. Any recommendations on a) Apartments which are suitable for a family b) Schools for a 10yr old.
Echo the same sentiment as Narayans80. Plenty of vacant places suitable in all shape & size, hardly negotiable (people love ego than fetching a decent rent). With Covid & things around, ask him to decide if a school is necessary in first place!! Then comes the locality
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 21:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
With Covid & things around, ask him to decide if a school is necessary in first place!!
LOL. Eventually they will open up, only a matter of when (most likely for 3rd term).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks