Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2024, 15:44   #106
BHPian

Re: Relocating to the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Offtopic : Can I deduce that most of the people moving to Coventry will be part of the same automotive company acquired by our beloved Indian conglomerate? I started my career with their ADAS team in 2010, and Coventry was the main attraction for an onsite assignment.
Bingo, Sahi Pakden Hain
Old 24th January 2024, 17:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Reviving this thread after a long time.

A colleague has got a job offer in Coventry, UK with a package of 45000 Pounds.

He has no idea if that would be enough for a family of 2 now.

Any pointers if this is a good enough salary to live a comfortable life?
I have lived in Coventry for 4 years like 10 years back and 45 thousand could get you by with around 1500 pounds saving if lived frugally as in hand salary is around 2900 pounds.

The rent could be 700 pounds, another 1000 pounds for travelling, food, electricity, gas etc, rest is yours to save.
Old 25th January 2024, 11:45   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Stellantis is also there

As well as Aston Martin .
Old 25th January 2024, 11:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I have lived in Coventry for 4 years like 10 years back and 45 thousand could get you by with around 1500 pounds saving if lived frugally as in hand salary is around 2900 pounds.

The rent could be 700 pounds, another 1000 pounds for travelling, food, electricity, gas etc, rest is yours to save.
Things have gone up considerably and a 45k salary is not an attraction anymore.

And almost everybody working at Gadon ends up staying at Royal Leamington Spa right? Or is there any other town nearby?
Old 25th January 2024, 13:15   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And almost everybody working at Gadon ends up staying at Royal Leamington Spa right? Or is there any other town nearby?
Just call it Leamington

I don't know where you mean, but there are heaps of towns in the Midlands of Britain. Coventry is quite big. Central to all is Britain's second-biggest city: Birmingham!

I did my initial growing up in the area, 1952-67. So don't ask for details: I am a generation or two out of date!

My final salary in UK (London), c.2003, was, I think, about GBP 38,000. It didn't feel like a great deal, and that was twenty years ago! NB: my home-energy bill at the time was budgeted at GBP30 a month. Any Brit will laugh, then weep, at that now. They may be paying ten times as much.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th January 2024 at 13:18.
Old 25th January 2024, 13:34   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Just call it Leamington

I don't know where you mean, but there are heaps of towns in the Midlands of Britain. Coventry is quite big. Central to all is Britain's second-biggest city: Birmingham!

I did my initial growing up in the area, 1952-67. So don't ask for details: I am a generation or two out of date!

My final salary in UK (London), c.2003, was, I think, about GBP 38,000. It didn't feel like a great deal, and that was twenty years ago! NB: my home-energy bill at the time was budgeted at GBP30 a month. Any Brit will laugh, then weep, at that now. They may be paying ten times as much.
But Coventry itself would be far away from Gaydon if one uses the public transport . More than an hour and a half.

So i guess Leamington is the only nearest town to Gaydon.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 15:30   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... So i guess Leamington is the only nearest town to Gaydon.
I may be a native (actually, born in Warwick) but your experience is much more recent. There was no M40 in my day, and even the M1 was not there at first. The M40 cut across our lane: it would have been fairly close to our garden.

The rural areas are very lovely. Classic English countryside. Property prices are inflated by proximity of Birmingham. I so wish I still had my parent's small house! Two more houses have been built on what was our land.

/offtopic-nostalgia
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks