Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 16:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nano's announced (OK not on road) price of Rs. 1 lakh is roughly the same price as the DVD player in a Lexus.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

here is a PS job by me, the widebody kit is chopped from the brabus smart:

The Tata Nano Thread-brabus-nano-yello-grille.jpg

without the grille:
The Tata Nano Thread-brabus-nano-yello-wo-gril.jpg

The Tata Nano Thread-brabus-nano-black.jpg
Old 14th May 2008, 22:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
here is a PS job by me, the widebody kit is chopped from the brabus smart:
Well... Obviously the base car being cheap (compared to the rest of the cars available) it opens up endless possibilities.

Your pictures look decently good. But the handles perhaps could remain the same. Don't you think?
Old 15th May 2008, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

just saw on tv on some news channel.. a slew of nano's going test round with MH 14 reg red plates around pune area.. that was my first time seeing Nano on the road.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:16   #65
BHPian

If they make a fully loaded small-DICOR engined Nano with luxury interiors, better seats, power steering, bigger alloy wheels, and maybe even ABS/Airbags, and perhaps some innovative blue-and-me type integrated system that manages audio, ipod input, bluetooth phones etc, for around 3 L on road i think there is a huge market for that kind of car as well.

There are so many young people, small families, etc looking to spend that much on a car and that would be unbeatable VFM for them.

I think tata should seriously explore the upmarket/chic segment with the Nano as well as it has a cool factor and they could have celebs and socialites driving in it, just like the do in the Prius in Hollywood.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT (Smart crash test video):
The tiniest car sold in the USA posted some of the best crash-test results, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety will announce Wednesday. This tiny car is not only safe for the environment but also for its driver.
The Smart ForTwo, the twin-seat micro that's so small that two can fit in a single parking space, earned the top rating in front- and side-impact crash tests. It was rated "acceptable" for whiplash protection in rear-end crashes, the agency says.

ABC News: Smart Car Gets Good Grade in Crash Test
Old 7th June 2008, 01:03   #67
BHPian

interesting video i came across
Old 7th June 2008, 01:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
just saw on tv on some news channel.. a slew of nano's going test round with MH 14 reg red plates around pune area.. that was my first time seeing Nano on the road.
Actually about 3 weeks ago Nano's were doing regular rounds around Pune-Satara road (Near Katraj side)
In morning between 8:30 to 9:00 you could definitely spot one. Sometimes two.

Must say it looks good on road, not really small.
Old 7th June 2008, 05:33   #69
BHPian

BBC news has had an exclusive session with the Nano - BBC NEWS | South Asia | Exclusive look at the Tata Nano

There is a video too.
Old 7th June 2008, 15:12   #70
BHPian

the car looks good in the video (white colour),
Old 7th June 2008, 23:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Other than just the price I think Nano's low running costs would really entice many people (singles/bachelors) looking for a car, especially in the city. Once our fuel prices are left open to the open market it wouldn't be suprising to see petrol-diesel hovering in the Rs. 75+- & Rs. 65 zone respectively.
Nano in diesel form would have such a market all to itself till the competition catches up. I also think the deisel version will have much higher margins.
The Indica had the diesel small car market all to itself for nearly seven years and is Tatas cash cow. Guess the diesel Nano is going to do the same.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:48   #72
BHPian

Exclusive BBC link on the Nano, with some good interaction with the project lead

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Exclusive look at the Tata Nano
Old 8th June 2008, 02:30   #73

From the video, It seems that the nano drives quite well. But we will know that only after we actually drive it. Will it be as good as the 800???? I doubt.
Old 8th June 2008, 03:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Although, there is no denying that the 800 is a great car in the Indian Automotive history, one cant avoid the fact that its basically more than two decades old, its way too easy a benchmark for the Nano.
Given the 800 would be the more powerful car, otherwise from whats seen so far its very obvious that the Nano's going to beat it on Space, Price, Safety stakes. Soon the list is going to get longer.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

What will the Nanos delivry period be, 1 YEAR???

It seems the Singur facility where the Nano is to be produced is behind schedule, and the initial production nos. will in no way satisfy demand.
Most probably Tata would go ahead and launch it in September, expect us to put up a booking amount and wait for a year. Here is a link to the report

Tata Motors` Singur plant crawls towards D-day
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks