76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 15:31   #5191
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Have you considered re-materialization? With that I think you would be able to clear out your demat account (of course with the re-mat charges) with the dud paper shares in your hand.
I did not know this was possible at all. OK now found this link https://nsdl.co.in/services/remat.php
Thanks

Last edited by deepak_misra : 4th May 2023 at 15:33. Reason: Added link
deepak_misra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 20:41   #5192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post

I have a demat account that needs closing but there are 300 shares of this company called "Sanghi Polyesters Ltd. This is not listed on BSE or NSE and I have not been able to find out if the shares are delisted or the company itself is liquidated.
They haven't filed accounts with MCA since 2007!! But the company is still not liquidated. Doubt it will be worth anything anyways.

Just a suggestion, maintaining the demat account does not cost much (less than 1k p.a.), and it may come handy in future - the same account can be used with any other broker as well - they'll just ask you to reassign POA, etc.

Alternatively, just ask your broker (who has your demat account) or some close friend / family to buy the shares from you for Re.1 and you will be able to book long term capital loss and then close the account.
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 22:40   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
They haven't filed accounts with MCA since 2007!! But the company is still not liquidated. Doubt it will be worth anything anyways.

Alternatively, just ask your broker (who has your demat account) or some close friend / family to buy the shares from you for Re.1 and you will be able to book long term capital loss and then close the account.
If the script is not traded in market, how to do this? Off market transaction possible? And does it qualify for long term capital loss?
Old 9th May 2023, 22:49   #5194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
If the script is not traded in market, how to do this? Off market transaction possible? And does it qualify for long term capital loss?
Yes, off market trade.

I assume you're holding it for more than 2 yrs & must have bought it, therefore difference between sale & pruchase price is capital gains / capital loss.
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 09:50   #5195
BHPian

My Dad purchased some shares on 17th May through his broker - ICICI Securities. On 18th May he received a message - "For NSE settlement no. xxxxxx there is a short delivery of 15 shares of MARUTI (MARUTI). These shares may be received through Auction on or after 19-May-2023. And the payout/closeout would be credited by 20-May-2023."

But till date there is no credit of shares, neither of the money. And no communication either, from the broker or the exchange.

After wasting my time for 4 days, ICICI Sec is now saying it is NSE's fault.

I have made a formal online complaint to NSE against the broker through NSE Investor Services Cell via its NICE PLUS portal.

What else should be done here? My dad had purchased the share for a very short term trading purpose, and he might have sold it by now since its around 200 points above his purchase price.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 25th May 2023 at 09:57.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 11:34   #5196
BHPian

What is the best way to invest in US market now with the recent Tax changes. I had invested earlier via Motilal Nasdaq FoF.
Old 25th May 2023, 11:52   #5197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Yes, off market trade.

I assume you're holding it for more than 2 yrs & must have bought it, therefore difference between sale & pruchase price is capital gains / capital loss.
I am seeing your response now. I dont care at all about the cost. I just need to close the account for which I need to dispose of the shares. The easiest way to do this it seems is to transfer the lot to someone else. Trying this route now
Old 25th May 2023, 12:38   #5198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
What is the best way to invest in US market now with the recent Tax changes. I had invested earlier via Motilal Nasdaq FoF.
You can also convert your INR to USD and invest in US stock markets via platform like Groww, Indmoney, Vested, InteractiveBrokers India etc
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...markets-2.html (Investing in US Markets)

This way, you get access to a large selection of US listed stocks/ETFs/Mutual funds
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 12:50   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
I don't know, I've put my money into Index Mutual Funds and learnt to be content with whatever I get. I just do monthly SIPs and forget about it. Don't have the time, effort or knowledge to buy and sell stocks directly.
Used to invest in markets via Mutual Funds method, key was choosing a fund with good fund manager. Never invested in Index based funds was more into banking funds, Debt + Equity Hybrids, Pure Equity & small portion in Debt funds.

Used to get yearly double digit growth, again key was choosing the right fund manager. Invested through Kuvera app first then switched to Paytm Money app.

Never did SIP, as I believed in lumpsum investing. 1 of my former boss had a 100 Cr portfolio (Yep, his entire family had a portfolio of 100 Cr), the guy could survive on the dividends alone (Back then Dividend Reinvest schemes were popular, until Govt. decided its time to pull the plug on that, so funds re-branded themselves as Growth Funds & started increasing the NAV instead of giving Dividend & reinvesting it) picked up a few investing habits from there.

Another senior used to invest the day markets tanked, again back then fund houses had a cut off time of 2 pm or 3 pm if you wanted NAV of that day, but now if I invest today I get the NAV of next day, so the hole is plugged.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 21:01   #5200
BHPian

Is anyone here tracking Marksans Pharma? I added it to the watchlist at about 71 and suddenly it has zoomed to 85 within a week or so. And this is above the medium-term target of about 83.50 given by a couple of research houses.

Will is go closer to or above 100 from here?
Old 31st May 2023, 21:43   #5201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Is anyone here tracking Marksans Pharma? I added it to the watchlist at about 71 and suddenly it has zoomed to 85 within a week or so. And this is above the medium-term target of about 83.50 given by a couple of research houses.

Will is go closer to or above 100 from here?
I don't play in equity segment anymore, but there are 2 things I'd like to tell you.

1. Don't go by fund/research house recommendations, nobody will work for your money except yourself. These fund houses don't shy away from revoking/flipping on their recommendations.
2. I do follow a telegram group where the guy gives free chart analysis, I searched the scrip and he states "Ready for fresh breakout above 66 for a target of 96", and this was posted on January 11th

Again I'm not asking you to invest or withdraw from the scrip, rather do your own research & follow it.

I did a few courses & found this as the extract,

1. Put up daily time frame, select the date where the scrip had highest volume
2. Reduce the timeframe to 15 mins and go to that date, now here again select the highest volume, the price is true your support/resistance (Many of us never dig beyond daily time frame, and assume day high/low as support/resistance)

Of course its not a full-proof method, but just an additive to your methodology of researching for stocks.

Hope this helps.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:17   #5202
BHPian

Experts pls elucidate;

I hold few shares of HDFC & HDFC bank and soon both these entities will be merged together. This merger was announced in April last year, with the merger ratio of 42 shares of HDFC Bank for 25 shares of HDFC. Before that happens in actual, is there any advantage on buying more shares of any of the either.

The reason why this question arises, that one of the financial experts has stated, “HDFC Ltd - HDFC Bank merger ratio is 42 shares of bank for 25 shares of Ltd. By this ratio one is better off buying HDFC Ltd, there is a discount of almost Rs 48 per share for HDFC Bank”.

I’m not able to comprehend this, how that would be possible. My birds brain will understand clearly if shown with a hypothetical example.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by NomadSK : 1st June 2023 at 11:32.
Old 1st June 2023, 11:34   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Experts pls elucidate;

I have few shares of HDFC & HDFC bank and soon they will be merged together. This merger was announced in April last year, with the merger ratio of 42 shares of HDFC Bank for 25 shares of HDFC. Before that happens in actual, is there any advantage on buying more shares of any of the either.

The reason why this question arises, that one of the financial experts has stated, “HDFC Ltd - HDFC Bank merger ratio is 42 shares of bank for 25 shares of Ltd. By this ratio one is better off buying HDFC Ltd, there is a discount of almost Rs 48 per share for HDFC Bank”.

I’m not able to comprehend this, how that would be possible. My birds brain will understand clearly if shown with a hypothetical example.

Thanks in Advance
If you are holding 25 shares of HDFC (Currently priced at 2663 a share, worth 66,575) you'll be getting 42 shares of HDFC Bank (Currently priced at 1613 a share, worth 67,746).

There is a gap of 1171 (67746 - 66575) which comes down to approx 27 rupee a share (1171/42), so you could either invest 66575 & purchase 25 shares of HDFC and get 42 shares of HDFC Bank worth 67746 making a gross 1171 in the process.

I've taken figures based on current market price, which will fluctuate, the 42 rupee discount may have been seen earlier, scenario may/may not reverse.

Here is a working for easy understanding.

Name:  image_20230601_113045641.png
Views: 296
Size:  5.6 KB

Edit : On the Ex Date the difference may go up/down or get adjusted. I do not play in equity segment anymore but I hope the above example helps you out.

Last edited by montsa007 : 1st June 2023 at 11:46.
montsa007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 13:17   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
After wasting my time for 4 days, ICICI Sec is now saying it is NSE's fault.

I have made a formal online complaint to NSE against the broker through NSE Investor Services Cell via its NICE PLUS portal.

UPDATE: My issue has been solved. It was the broker's fault (ICICI Securities) throughout.
Just to update, here's the timeline of how the events unfolded:

May 17: Shares bought via ICICI Securities.

May 18: Shares were not credited and I receive a message stating that there has been a short delivery and these shares may be received through Auction on or after 19-May-2023. And the payout/closeout would be credited by 20-May-2023.

May 20-23: Neither I receive the shares, nor the money settlement in lieu of the same. ICICI Sec's RM keeps me hanging that I will receive the shares anytime now and that it's the NSE's fault and they can't do much in this.

May 24: I make a online formal complaint to NSE Investor's service Cell via its NICE PLUS portal against my broker (ICICI Securities).
https://investorhelpline.nseindia.com/NICEPLUS/

May 25: Complaint accepted by NSE and they forward my complaint to ICICI Securities, instructing them to response by May 30.

May 29: I finally receive the shares in my Demat, and a letter from ICICI Securities that it was their system's fault that they could not credit my shares in due time. While during my one to one communication with them they never accepted that it's a fault from their system.

Do you play the stock market-screenshot-20230601-131902.png

So, If anyone is also facing any issue with their broker, they can make a formal complaint to NSE Investor Cell. The process is simple and straight-forward.

If the issue still remains unresolved, then try making the complaint on SEBI SCORES portal. https://scores.gov.in/scores/

Last edited by Sherlocked : 1st June 2023 at 13:20.
Sherlocked is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 16:55   #5205
BHPian

Has any RIL share holders received information on 1:1 bonus shares?

I saw this on one of CNBC awaaz, in 1st week of May, the call date was 27/04, my agent has no information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks