Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2024, 18:36   #5326
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Dear All,
Just wanted to know if anyone has ever worked with Nirmal Bang and how genuine the company is?
They are genuine brokers.

Quote:
He is asking me to open the demat acc with Nirmal Bang and he will generate returns of 5-6% every week approximately.
Leave aside a week, if someone could generate guaranteed 5-6% even in a month; they wouldn't be wasting time calling you. They would be busy minting money for themselves.

To put this in perspective, a 72% annual return (that is 6% monthly), that too without taking compounding in consideration, your capital would grow a whopping 15 times in a period of 5 years. Here your guy is talking about 6% every week- which translates to 24% per month!! And behold, more than 300% annualized. That is, you will quadruple your money in a year. That is unheard of!

So, even though the company is genuine, the claim is absolutely bogus.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:11   #5327
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
I am getting some calls for investment through Nirmal Bang Securities Pvt Ltd for stock delivery trades.
Person Name - Amit Tripathi
He is asking me to open the demat acc with Nirmal Bang and he will generate returns of 5-6% every week approximately.

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever worked with Nirmal Bang and how genuine the company is?

Pl comment.
Please stay away from people who promise guaranteed returns. If they are so confident, why cannot they invest their own money & mint even 3% a week or 12% a month or 144% a year? (Compounding will take it even further)

Ask him a question "How much of your own money have you invested in this get rich scheme of yours?"

There is no guaranteed returns in stock market, if someone promises you otherwise, please close the discussion and run away.
montsa007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 11:19   #5328
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
I am getting some calls for investment

he will generate returns of 5-6% every week approximately.

Pl comment.

Man, if he can generate the quantum of returns he is claiming, why is he working for a stock broker in the first place?

Wouldn't he be better off minting millions for himself rather than you?
Fx14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 11:23   #5329
BHPian

I have been applying to IPO's through Motilal App. And the mandate is accpeted via paytm App. Wanted to know if I can use Paytm for IPO's after 15th March.
Old 13th March 2024, 20:00   #5330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I have been applying to IPO's through Motilal App. And the mandate is accpeted via paytm App. Wanted to know if I can use Paytm for IPO's after 15th March.
If your bank account is not with Paytm Bank (ie your UPI handle is not @paytm), I think you should be OK. In any case it should be relatively painless to transition to another payment app if needed.
Old 21st March 2024, 12:26   #5331
BHPian

I was reading "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham.

Mr Graham suggests certain criteria that a stock should fulfill, which a defensive investor should look for:
1. Moderate price to earnings ratio - No more than 15 times average earnings of the past 3 years
2. A moderate ratio of price to assets - Should not be more than 1.5 times the book value last reported. However, a low PE ratio below 15 can justify a higher price to book value. PE ratio x PB ratio should not be more than 22.5

My question is, how practical are these benchmarks?
How many blue chip stocks are there which actually fulfill these criteria at the moment?

These figures suggest that it is prudent to buy shares only during times of a market crash when PE ratio will come down to 15 and PB ratio will come down to 1.5, and not to buy anything at any other time.
Old 21st March 2024, 14:40   #5332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
I was reading "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham. Mr Graham suggests certain criteria that a stock should fulfill. My question is, how practical are these benchmarks? These figures suggest that it is prudent to buy shares only during times of a market crash
I have been following Graham-esque investment strategy for a long long time. It is practical advice but it calls for change in mindset. You need to be psychologically ready to NOT buy when markets or stock is rising and buy only when markets or individual stock is in a bear market.

Quote:
Moderate price to earnings ratio - No more than 15 times average earnings of the past 3 years. A moderate ratio of price to assets - Should not be more than 1.5 times the book value last reported. However, a low PE ratio below 15 can justify a higher price to book value. PE ratio x PB ratio should not be more than 22.5
I have my own similar (but not the same) requirements. Use a platform like screener.in to create your own filters. You can access my screener settings from this link (you need to login first). https://www.screener.in/user/28210/

Quote:
How many blue chip stocks are there which actually fulfill these criteria at the moment?
If nothing fulfills your valuation criteria, don't buy. Eventually, sometime in the future, you will get a buying opportunity. Also, this strategy is not suitable for those who like to make a list of bluechip stocks to buy. You need to be ready to buy any of the 3000 listed stocks across market capitalization.

In my case, I have higher minimum PE requirements for bluechips (say < 20) and lower minimum PE requirements for smallcaps (< 10 PE). I also give high weightage to P/BV ratio, Return on Equity % and dividend yield %.

Last edited by SmartCat : 21st March 2024 at 15:04.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks