Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
sorry if this is obvious, but what/where is NGV?
NGV - National Games Village, Koramangala
Old 26th February 2009, 14:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Thats cool WhiteKnight. These days, I play with a friend of mine at NGV on sundays. Let me know of you if you guys play on saturdays, and I can also drop by sometimes

Also, anyone interested to play b/w 4-5pm at NGVs on sundays, let me know.

- Jag
When I was staying with you, not even once you mentioned that you played Badminton. And now, you are playing every Sunday.
Old 1st March 2009, 00:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
When I was staying with you, not even once you mentioned that you played Badminton. And now, you are playing every Sunday.

Not just me, the friend I was telling about is RC. Now beat that

Sorry for going guys.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:56   #49
BHPian

@jaguar, I could do 4-5PM on sundays at NGV. let me know.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Another one to join

Dear enthusiasts,

I just bumped into this thread and I am so glad I did.

I'd been playing badminton for a few months when i was working in Chennai with my ex-employer. I deeply miss the sport now, with no place and company to play with..

I stay on Wind Tunnel Road, which is perpendicular road to ISRO campus [the right on signal after Manipal hospital, when approaching old airport] and I can come to the court in Indiranagar, on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I'm reachable on 9740084320 and please let me know when the next meet is happening, to play. I'll be most happy to come and get myself some much needed exercise [i'm overweight and also no pro, but love the game].

Hope to join you guys soon cheers...
ak
Old 6th March 2009, 07:32   #51
BHPian

@WhiteKnight:

Dude the badminton courts are under maintenance in Tubrahalli as the owner is adding 2 more courts ... Its still open to public but when I went yesterday it was totally open from the front side and the power generator too was not working.

So if you have any plans for the weekend then call the owner and confirm about the state of the court and then move .......
Old 21st June 2009, 17:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Saina Nehwal has won the Indonesian Open championships. Way to go !!!

Saina Nehwal scripts history, wins Indonesian Open: Rediff Sports
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Saina Nehwal has won the Indonesian Open championships. Way to go !!!

Saina Nehwal scripts history, wins Indonesian Open: Rediff Sports
What a great moment for Indian Badminton .. Definitely Saina has done something which Sania Mirza always promised but never achieved (though in Tennis) .. Prakash Padukone has stated that this was a model match for any one to see and he wants to show this match in his academy .. She cant get any better compliments from any one else .. Go Saina Go ...

Definitely she will inspire many Indian kids to take the sports further ....
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:53   #54
BHPian

There is one Badminton academy near Marthahalli. Its on the straight road when you come from Old airport side and need to cross the turn to ITPL also(Need not take the turn to ITPl. Go staright there). It is on the left side and right opposite to Pet Hospital.

The academy's name is Gurukul. You can see a small blue color board on left side.

The courts are really good. They have 5 courts, for which they charge Rs 50/- per head per hour or Rs 300/- for an hour for a court.

You can check out the court availability on 080 32429671

They charge
Old 24th June 2009, 10:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Cant believe this. I am find all that i want on Team-Bhp!!!

When is the next meet happening? I stay in Jayamahal,near cant railway station but ready to play anywhere in Bangalore. Keep me informed pls.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:55   #56
BHPian

Is there any way to purchase good quality Badminton shuttle cocks in bulk for a club, from a whole-sale kind of perspective?

I play at a club and the requirements are pretty huge, there is a different feeling to a good shuttlecock altogether but it becomes prohibitive when one looks at the cost factor for regular play.

I am talking of premium birds made of geese feather, the likes of RSL, Ashaway etc., if anyone has any info, please PM.
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Is there any way to purchase good quality Badminton shuttle cocks in bulk for a club, from a whole-sale kind of perspective?

I play at a club and the requirements are pretty huge, there is a different feeling to a good shuttlecock altogether but it becomes prohibitive when one looks at the cost factor for regular play.

I am talking of premium birds made of geese feather, the likes of RSL, Ashaway etc., if anyone has any info, please PM.

There are a number of shops in Cambridge road who can cater your needs ... good luck ...
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
There are a number of shops in Cambridge road who can cater your needs ... good luck ...
Thanks, but the whole idea is to avoid the retailers, we have been buying from the retailers with best discounts in Bangalore all the time. Recently I visited a shop, a big one and was apalled to see them selling the same stuff for almost 300 bucks more.. ran away from there as fast as I could after giving the owner a mouthful

I am trying to gather this info not only for me but a lot of other people who love the game, we have already looked up the option of importing straight from the Chinese manufacturers but at the end gave up the idea of importing ourselves due to the complexities involved, now if we can find the same stuff from someone who does the importing and sells to us first hand, that would be some pretty good information.

This is not for business, but strictly for use by a bunch of people at personal playing level, I guess there is a clause for this kind of usage, have come across instances in a few online forums.

Thanks again, appreciate it!

Last edited by aburagohain : 3rd August 2009 at 00:55.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know any place in west Bangalore (Rajajinagar, Vijaynagar, Basaveshwaranagar, Malleshwaram etc) where we can meet up to play Badminton?

I stay in Basaveshwaranagar, hence the location does matter. It will be too far to go to ITPL or Koramangala etc.

I checked up in Mahalakshmipura club, but they don't allow non-members to play there.

I'm also looking for partners to play with. I am not a pro, but I used to play for my college a few years back.

The current Badminton World Championships have brought back old memories and that made me want to start playing again.
Old 14th August 2009, 16:42   #60
BHPian

Guys, catch up DD Sports. They are doing live telecast of World championship which is being held in Hyderabad. Badminton is not something you see in TV often.

Today Peter Gade takes on Lin Dan in MS QF at ~10 PM. Hope they put it.

I had my plans to travel to Hyd to watch the semi and finals live. Shelved due to other unforseen situations arising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks