Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 13:04   #1
BANNED

Advice for Visas & Interviews

hi friends

i had applied for a visitor visa to austria and now i have been called for interview. i attached all original documents. is there any problem? i had applied from 1 july 2008 and interview on 27 may. can they hand over visa to me that day only?

what things should be taken care at interview? i have been sponsored by my sister.

the only problem was that they called to verify at the center where i work but somebody there told them 'he is not working here'. how can i convinced them that i work there?

Last edited by aah78 : 24th June 2008 at 21:14. Reason: Post cleaned up - made readable.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:13   #2
BHPian

You can show your company ID card and your last 3 months payslips. And tell them that someone answered the phone saying that you are not in the company by mistake.

Not sure about Austria's policies but for a US visa, they give much more wieghtage to the interview compared to the documents you give.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Answer all questions dead honestly and in the detail they ask for. They will want to know where you were and when. Exactly. If there are gaps they will assume you were off with Bin Laden being trained to commit terrorism. Try to have documentation supporting the when and where.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just being honest itself will get you through. They are just trying to make sure that run-aways do not enter their country.

And did you check with your company as to who said that you do not work there? Why did that happen?
Old 24th June 2008, 15:58   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Just being honest itself will get you through. They are just trying to make sure that run-aways do not enter their country.

And did you check with your company as to who said that you do not work there? Why did that happen?
this happened as i am new to work and nearly nobody knows my actual name . they only know my nick name

the center does not issue identity card .
Old 24th June 2008, 16:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

Without Proof of employment and atleast a couple of Payslips there is no chance
Old 24th June 2008, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

As other said, that please carry all documents in original and carry the company covering letter, bank statements (6 months), "attested" salary slips, etc with you and answer the questions honestly.

PS: Just in case they deny your visa, you can apply for another schengen country and land in that country as your port of entry and travel (drive down) to austria. It isn't that complicated you see! There are always such loop holes.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@harry - Is it possible to get any documents proving that you work there? If possible a letter stating so would do as well.
From whatever experience I have, they will review what they have sent you and when you go for the interview, they would have mostly made up their mind. At least that is what I have experienced with the U.S. embassy. They will ask you a few simple questions like why you are going there, if they decide to give the visa, or else they will grill you if they still need more convincing.
I am not too sure about the Austrian Visa, but don't sweat. Just take a copy of all the forms you have sent them, like your bank statement, your sister's letter mentioning that she is sponsoring you and all the other documents you had submitted. However, please try to get proof of work from your office if possible. Any paycheck or letter from the office on the office letterhead would do.
Also, unless the documents are originals, please make sure they are attested copies.

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th June 2008 at 17:05.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:05   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Harry,

It is really not that difficult and you should not worry about the phone call to your work. Here is what I suggest you do.

Take with you the following in original and one xerox copy. Attach the xerox with your application and be prepared with the originals in the same sequence.

Do NOT attach any original documents to your application, keep them ready at hand.

1) Your Pan card and/or voters card.
2) If TDS is deducted, carry all Form 16s with you, no matter how many you have, that you have accumulated over the past 3 years.
3) Alternate to point 2, you can simply carry your salary slips for the past 6 months. It does not matter that you have changed your job, carry 6 months slips (for example 4 from company A and 2 from company B)
4) If you have any property, flat, car or other assets etc in your name, carry the proof of that with you. Agreements etc.
5) If you are married, carry the marriage certificate.
6) Carry a letter/print out of an email where your sister has invited you to visit her.
7) Ask your sister to write another letter addressed to the Austrian High Commission in New Delhi with her full name, address, telephone number and all details in Austria, stating what work she does there and since when. The letter should go on further to state that you are her brother and she is inviting you for a holiday to stay with her and that your accomodation, food and incidental expenses will be borne by her.
8) If you have an international credit card, please include this in your application.
9) You will need overseas medical insurance for the tenure of your intended visit. Any insurance agent will arrange this for you in a day. Carry the policy.
10) Your travel plan and your air ticket.

If you have all of these, go to the high commission on the date you are called and answer any question you are asked truthfully. You will have no trouble and the Austrian commission will issue you a visa good enough to travel anywhere in Europe. You will be able to get it on the same evening as the application.
Please mention your urgency to the interviewer only AFTER the whole interview is over.

Enjoy your holiday.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th June 2008 at 17:07.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:52   #10
BHPian

Harry
I would not worry about European interviews if i were you. The questioning is mostly perfunctory.
Make sure you carry you Offer letter/Copy of contract from your current employer with you apart from what Sam has mentioned.

Carry all available documents, it helps.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:29   #11
BANNED

i have given them a no objection certificate from the institute that they dont have any problem in my going abroad

i already had visa of austria previously there was no interview and i was given visa. my brother in law is an employee of united nations should i take his papers also.

the only problem seems that they are not satisffied by the reply given by someone in institute that i am not working there

everything has been submitted by my sister in austria through electronic guarantee .

Last edited by harry2223 : 24th June 2008 at 18:35.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:40   #12
Team-BHP Support

Harry, lets put it this way. No matter how many papers you carry with you to prove the bonafides of your sister or your brother in law you will still get stuck on that issue of denial of your bonafide by your institute.

So you will need to carry the proofs of your employment by your organization. Moreover they will still grill you as to why then someone denied your employment with them. In some cases they may even decide to make another call to verify your latest proof documents. So brace up for it. However, to start with carry all the proofs of your current employment when you go for the interview. Thats about it, cut and dried...
Old 24th June 2008, 19:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the invitation letter, you should carry a copy of their Visa/permits for living/ working there. If your sister is a dependent of your brother-in-law, carry the invitation letter from the BIL too and his work/ residence permit copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
i already had visa of austria previously there was no interview and i was given visa. my brother in law is an employee of united nations should i take his papers also.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:14   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i already had visa of austria previously

everything has been submitted by my sister in austria through electronic guarantee .
Relax. Don't be tensed. Reading the above, I feel it should be quite easy for you to get your visa. Just carry your employment proof as the others have suggested.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i already had visa of austria previously there was no interview and i was given visa.
you will get it. They just want to confirm if it is the same person who has applied for the visa who is getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Harry, lets put it this way. No matter how many papers you carry with you to prove the bonafides of your sister or your brother in law you will still get stuck on that issue of denial of your bonafide by your institute.
Don't allow him to scare you Harry. If they want to refuse you, they can find out numerous ways and not just validity of your bonafides.

Last edited by lurker : 24th June 2008 at 19:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks