Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 14:34   #61
BANNED

yeah i also agree indian are rude to there indian brother whether its an embassy or airport .they always create problem for there indian brother sisters . i have seen that the foreign workers whether in embassy or airport are always polite .
i hate those people who irritate there own nationals and foriegners at airport to make some money .they donot think that they are not showing there bad mentality but are also making a bad image of india. person who came to india for first time may think that whole countrymen are like that.
those immigration officials at airport are so rude , they even dont have sense to talk ,even an illiterate have manners than these immigration officials. i hate these people and want them to be thrown out of country.

@married2speed i have tickets booked for next sunday so if i am granted visa on monday than i would have enough time. . does the embassy send passport to vfs on all weekdays or only friday. i am asking this i have seen in 3-4 cases that information on vfs website about passport recieval is given on friday.is this a coincidence??
Old 28th June 2008, 14:55   #62
Team-BHP Support

harry, you will have visa couriered by monday. So atmost you will get it by wednesday.
VFS guys are usually very prompt and I have never seen Visa in hand getting delayed by more than 4 working days from interview date normally.
Old 28th June 2008, 15:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah i also agree indian are rude to there indian brother whether its an embassy or airport .they always create problem for there indian brother sisters . i have seen that the foreign workers whether in embassy or airport are always polite .
i hate those people who irritate there own nationals and foriegners at airport to make some money .they donot think that they are not showing there bad mentality but are also making a bad image of india. person who came to india for first time may think that whole countrymen are like that.
those immigration officials at airport are so rude , they even dont have sense to talk ,even an illiterate have manners than these immigration officials. i hate these people and want them to be thrown out of country.
aha .. you have barely got your visa stamped and you have already begun grand generalizations on 'Indians' already.

that was fast

consider those at the immigration also have same mindset and have generalized that all Indians have serious character defects and the 'Indian system' is all corrupt. And thus their resultant treatment of their fellow citizens. This goes both ways. You have your reasons and they will have theirs.
Old 28th June 2008, 15:11   #64
BHPian

Harry - I agree with Tanveer. At most you should get your passport by wednesday. Shou'dn't be a problem. However, if you are getting anxious, give the VFS guys a call on tuesday to find out what the status is.

Holla! Get ready mate. You're on you're way to Austria
Old 30th June 2008, 15:04   #65
BANNED

finally friends i got it . i got my visa . thanx friends . i would be there by sunday .
Old 30th June 2008, 15:25   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
finally friends i got it . i got my visa . thanx friends . i would be there by sunday .
Auf Wiedersehen!! Enjoy yourself
Old 30th June 2008, 15:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
fake visas
In days of biometric and quick electronic verification of visa, does such a thing exist anymore?
Old 30th June 2008, 17:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harry!

Enjoy your trip!
Old 30th June 2008, 19:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
hello Red, chances are that if a person carrying an Indian passport turns up at an embassy in New Delhi. There are very high chances that the said person will be of Indian origin.

Fake passport holders usually have fake visas and do not que up for visas in foreign countries.
Good Point and well, to add to that, I am not against intense scrutiny of the applications. A bit of courtesy and feedback will do, thank you, on when I will get my visa . What irritates me a lot is that kind of scrutiny that we sometimes go undergo in the airports. I & my friends have been singled out on many occasions for 'check-ups', 'questions' in Paris, in Germany, in Italy, in Poland..The arrogant and demeaning attitude when the questions are posed has irked me no-end and leaves me smarting from the implied barbs. Not to mention the rude manner in which my body is checked and poked, time and again. Look, I understand the importance of security , but everyone instinctively senses when one is being discriminated and intended to be put down. There are many things unsaid but the body language and tone says it all.
My work often takes me to Europe , so I have no choice.
Quote:
Agreed. But "Pakistanis" are of Indian origin. Or as I prefer to phrase it: Hindustani origin.
I wonder how pakistanis will react to that! You are right of course, but how they hate to admit that! and Red, the Indian Subcontinent is definitely part of Asia - culturally and geographically. Have you ever travelled to Indo-China? You have only to go vast parts of Indo-China to feel the Indian influence, not to speak of the Buddhishm influence, anyway that is so I will steer off that.
Old 20th July 2008, 23:53   #70
BANNED

hi friends i am in austria . i got a c schengen visa . can i extend it .i have visa for 22 days .whats the procedure to extend the visa . can i overstay in austria without extension will there be any problems for getting visa in future
Old 21st July 2008, 14:42   #71
BHPian

Quote:
can i overstay in austria without extension will there be any problems for getting visa in future
Do NOT overstay without visa extension! Overstaying is taken very seriously in most countries. It can cause problem with future visa application with all Schengen conutries.
Old 21st July 2008, 15:06   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Overstaying visa is quite likely to lead to missed planes and time spent in cells, let alone being refused entry next time.

This is true of people on tourist visas in India, and many other countries are much hotter on control.
Old 12th November 2008, 23:42   #73
BHPian

L-1 to US

How about L-1 Visa interview and questions? What are the major things to be taken cared of?

Since I have couple of other queries related to this, posting them here only (mods please note)

How about a good salary package for a 9 yr experienced system/network guy? The payscale.com says some 85-90K US$ annually.

In the present situation how good a transfer would be considering the already happened recession, new Obama Govt and future situations?

Have undergone B-1 interview, have a valid 10 yr multiple entry B-1 and been there LA and Chicago once. So, the general process / travel / country are familiar.
Old 13th November 2008, 08:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

@RedFire,

As long as you are stating the facts, there will be issue with respect getting your visa stamped.

I have a similar B1/B2 stamped and went for H1. 5 minutes of questioning on why not work from here itself and why travel and about family and then a quick check of my degree certificates, and I was done.

And since you have an B1, things might be a bit easier for you.

Now for timing: IMHO, not the best of times to go. With people losing job and all that, I would think twice. And about Obama, well, I would look at it as election talks, for now. He is already going back on his election promises (with respect to bail outs) so, let us wait and see on that.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 13th November 2008 at 08:37.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
As long as you are stating the facts, there will be issue with respect getting your visa stamped.
You mean there will be NO issue ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks