Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 14:31   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Can someone post their L1B (Blanket) Visa interview experiences please? I am due for an interview and tips/advise to clear the interview are well appreciated. May be a list of Do's and Dont's at the Vias Interview.
The one n only thing you need to emphasise on is you are doing something unique in regards to process, tool or a technology which is not common anywhere outside.
Also you need to make sure that you look confident. Keep a smile on your face always. Even by mistake, don't talk about something which is generic in nature or which is easily available outside or in u.s . That shud get you through easily.
Old 30th August 2013, 17:18   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Thanks. Checked and found that Hotels are not providing visas in Oman it seems.

Im going for some fresh client calls, so doubtful if Ill be able to get any of them to do my visa.

Any alternative ?
Try calling the Omani consulate. I see conflicting reports on their website.

Any client you have a bit of rapport won't mind getting a visa for you. It's routine. Also try Oman air
Old 30th August 2013, 17:30   #198
gemi_kk

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

One of my friend is planning to apply canada PR, he got the required points when a consultant evaluated his docs, but he is pondering on whether to apply or not. reason being, "Quota khatam hua hoga yaar.".

Would some one eloberate more on the quota system. I know that, a certain number of positions be given in a perticular year for a certain skill set. but How do a prospective applicant know it? Is it possible for us to get any info on how much of Quota is exhausted?

Old 30th August 2013, 19:42   #199
BHPian

I have seen that happening quite a bit.

Main reasons are:
  • Study is over. No reason to come back to India. Potential Immigrant.
  • No Job in hand. Another reason not to come back to India.
  • No Property in his own name. One more reason to not to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My cousin's US tourist visa (B1) was denied recently.
Cousin is just out of college and not employed anywhere. His father has property in his name and my cousin is the only child.
Old 30th August 2013, 20:02   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
One of my friend is planning to apply canada PR, he got the required points when a consultant evaluated his docs, but he is pondering on whether to apply or not. reason being, "Quota khatam hua hoga yaar.".

Would some one eloberate more on the quota system. I know that, a certain number of positions be given in a perticular year for a certain skill set. but How do a prospective applicant know it? Is it possible for us to get any info on how much of Quota is exhausted?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pand=jobs#jobs

The "cap" is for each occupation. As the link above states, the cap for computer programmers and financial analysts is already reached.

The CIC website has all the information one needs to apply for a PR. One need not really go through a consultant. Most of the cases that go through consultants end up being disappointed.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:00   #201
Senior - BHPian

Recently got my US Tourist Visa for myself, wife and daughter. (For attending brother in law's wedding @ N.Y.)

My own brother also is settled in NY.

If anybody has any question/queries about the process and documentation, would be glad to help.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 30th August 2013 at 21:03.
Old 30th August 2013, 22:17   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Recently got my US Tourist Visa for myself, wife and daughter. (For attending brother in law's wedding @ N.Y.)

My own brother also is settled in NY.

If anybody has any question/queries about the process and documentation, would be glad to help.
Am actually looking forward for a trip to the US to visit my uncle who has been calling me for years together but the thought of going through the visa formalities for a US visa is sickening! Worst is I will feel bad if I get rejected for the same. But advantage I have is I have not written any US exams and hold properties and my business here And most importantly my family who will not be travelling with me. Any specific questions they asked u?
Old 30th August 2013, 22:46   #203
gemi_kk

Thanks for the information amitoj.

I shall update him. Thanks for your advice. i will ask him to get it processed on his own rather than from visiting consultants.

Also, heard that, the consultants would get the documents processed faster. Don't have any info on how they process. But, he was saying that their wont be any rejections, if he gets it applied by the consultant. He quoted something like, there shall be a sponsor, if they feel that the visa might not get approved. Is it really possible ?

Last edited by gemi_kk : 30th August 2013 at 22:49. Reason: Adding value.

Old 31st August 2013, 00:20   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Am actually looking forward for a trip to the US to visit my uncle who has been calling me for years together but the thought of going through the visa formalities for a US visa is sickening! Worst is I will feel bad if I get rejected for the same. But advantage I have is I have not written any US exams and hold properties and my business here And most importantly my family who will not be travelling with me. Any specific questions they asked u?
The process is remarkably smooth.

1) Fill up an online form.
2) Pay the fees. (About 10k) using online banking / IMPS / At Axis or Citibank.
3) Schedule appointment for photo and interview online.
4) Go for photo and bio metrics
5) Appear for interview
6) If you approved for Visa, go for collection after a day or two.

I had carried all sorts of paperwork (I have a list), but they did not ask for anything.

Only paperwork that they saw was the invitation letter. They also asked my travel plans. Apart from that, what I do, how much I earn. That's about it. I don't have a house / land in my name and that did not matter.

I think its mostly all about confidence and body language.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 31st August 2013 at 00:21.
Old 31st August 2013, 06:19   #205
BHPian

Consultants would definitely not be able to help move the file faster. Only benefit consultants give in case of Canada PR are that they will verify the documents, will probably keep requesting GCMS notes from CIC to know the progress, and will withdraw the application in case of refusal.

A friend of mine filed for PR through a consultant in Hyderabad and the application was returned. He then filed PR by himself (Financial Analyst) and got it in 12 months. He now works in my team in Toronto as a Business Analyst.

ALL the information that one ever needs for Canada PR is available on CanadaVisa forums (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...rd/index.php#2)

Quote:
Thanks for the information amitoj.

I shall update him. Thanks for your advice. i will ask him to get it processed on his own rather than from visiting consultants.

Also, heard that, the consultants would get the documents processed faster. Don't have any info on how they process. But, he was saying that their wont be any rejections, if he gets it applied by the consultant. He quoted something like, there shall be a sponsor, if they feel that the visa might not get approved. Is it really possible ?

Last edited by infotech58 : 31st August 2013 at 06:21.
Old 31st August 2013, 06:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:

1) Fill up an online form.
2) Pay the fees. (About 10k) using online banking / IMPS / At Axis or Citibank.
3) Schedule appointment for photo and interview online.
4) Go for photo and bio metrics
5) Appear for interview
6) If you approved for Visa, go for collection after a day or two.

I had carried all sorts of paperwork (I have a list), but they did not ask for anything.

Only paperwork that they saw was the invitation letter. They also asked my travel plans. Apart from that, what I do, how much I earn. That's about it. I don't have a house / land in my name and that did not matter.

I think its mostly all about confidence and body language.
Like Abhij says, carry all documents even though they dont them see 90% of the time but if they see feel something is amiss they might ask (better to be safe then sorry)
and be on time!
Old 31st August 2013, 07:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like Infotech said, they surely can not get the application processed faster. But your other point about the consultant finding a sponsor is interesting. Does this mean that the consultant will arrange for an employer also if they feel the visa may get rejected? Or will the consultant just get an appointment letter to satisfy the paperwork? The only other way to get a Canadian PR is to have a confirmed employment. Studies used to be another popular way but i think recently there was a crackdown on such fake educational institutes.
Old 31st August 2013, 09:37   #208
BHPian

Quote:
i had applied for I-130,I-129F(immigrant petition for spouse as my wife is a US citizen) around july first week.

i would like to know how soon you got your US tourist visa after applying.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:30   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i had applied for I-130,I-129F(immigrant petition for spouse as my wife is a US citizen) around july first week.

Filled up form on Monday, paid the same day and took appointment online, bio-metrics on Wednesday, Interview on Thursday, Visa delivery on Friday.

It all depends on when you get free slots for bio metrics and interview.

Biometrics took 45 mins for 3 people. Interview took 1 hr - From entry to exit (total procedure)
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post

I think the visa types are different, so the queues and the processing times are also going to be completely different, right? So comparing with AbhiJ's timelines may not make much sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks