Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:29   #346
BHPian
 
Raghav_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
What else do I need to prove "Self Employment" ??? What other documents can I submit for the same ???

HELP!!
Doc here!

Your IT returns, Bank statements should suffice. Your IT returns will have documentation that your earnings are from self employment.

You can add property documents & rental agreements (in english, or get a translation notarized). No need for Council registration etc.

Last edited by Raghav_K : 2nd November 2017 at 12:31.
Raghav_K is online now  
Old 8th November 2017, 18:54   #347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 676
Thanked: 866 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Friends,

My friend runs a registered and licensed business(small size at the moment) in London, UK.

Now, I plan to join him. What are my options for Visas?

Thanks in Advance!
CliffHanger is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 18:55   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,674
Thanked: 5,647 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Friends,

My friend runs a registered and licensed business(small size at the moment) in London, UK.

Now, I plan to join him. What are my options for Visas?

Thanks in Advance!
As an employee? As a partner?
hserus is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 19:00   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 676
Thanked: 866 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As an employee? As a partner?
Either is fine, the business is run by my best friend. The thing is it should not require me to show huge bank balance in Pounds.
CliffHanger is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 19:05   #350
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,674
Thanked: 5,647 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Either is fine, the business is run by my best friend. The thing is it should not require me to show huge bank balance in Pounds.
If you were a partner it would involve your investing a significant sum in Pounds. If you go as an employee you and your friend have a lot of convincing of HM High Commission in your city to do related to work visa paperwork.
hserus is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 19:09   #351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 676
Thanked: 866 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you were a partner it would involve your investing a significant sum in Pounds.
This is ruled out at the moment.

Quote:
If you go as an employee you and your friend have a lot of convincing of HM High Commission in your city to do related to work visa paperwork.
Do you mean UK High Commission in Chennai? Any pointers to consultants who can help on this?
CliffHanger is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 19:14   #352
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,674
Thanked: 5,647 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
This is ruled out at the moment.

Do you mean UK High Commission in Chennai? Any pointers to consultants who can help on this?
Before that - please ensure that your friend actually IS offering you a job and does pay a high salary. They are very careful to check on quite a lot of things, and it becomes much harder for the case to be made if your friend runs a small company compared to a large and well known one. It is an extremely onerous process on his end, much more than at your end.

There are any number of immigration consultants available. Y Axis for example - their ads keep turning up everywhere in Chennai. Find the one that suits you.
hserus is offline  
Old 8th November 2017, 19:20   #353
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 676
Thanked: 866 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Before that - please ensure that your friend actually IS offering you a job and does pay a high salary. They are very careful to check on quite a lot of things, and it becomes much harder for the case to be made if your friend runs a small company compared to a large and well known one. It is an extremely onerous process on his end, much more than at your end.
Point noted. Yes, my brief research at the moment indicates the same.

Quote:
There are any number of immigration consultants available. Y Axis for example - their ads keep turning up everywhere in Chennai. Find the one that suits you.
Thank you. Will look into it.
CliffHanger is offline  
Old 21st November 2017, 12:10   #354
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: KA05,KA31,KA47
Posts: 478
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Doc here!

Your IT returns, Bank statements should suffice. Your IT returns will have documentation that your earnings are from self employment.

You can add property documents & rental agreements (in english, or get a translation notarized). No need for Council registration etc.
Thank you doc, applied for the UK Tourist Visa today. Fingers crossed. Submitted IT Returns, Bank statements, Clinic rental agreement, FDs in my name, property documents and the entire travel itinerary. I have lived in the UK previously as a student for 2 years, then did another visit a year later and have travelled abroad many times (a good travel record). Hopefully that would also be considered.

And now the wait for the Visa starts.

Thank you again
drhoneycake is online now  
Old 24th January 2018, 14:49   #355
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 549
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Folks,

I have a valid Schengen visa (Expires March 2018). However, my pssport was due to expire in May 2018 and had only one page left, so I got a new passport issued in December. So my valid visa is in a passport that stands cancelled.

Now I may have to travel to Italy next month. Google tells me that there was a court ruling that allowed the valid visa being in a old passport. However, I wrote to VFS and they said that I will need a new visa. Surprisingly, the FAQ on their Kolkata website says otherwise (http://www.vfs-italy.co.in/kolkata/faq.html) and is not on sync with the Delhi FAQs (http://www.vfs-italy.co.in/delhi/faq.html).

VFS Germany has clearly stated that "If you are holding a valid Schengen visa in an expired Indian passport, you may carry both expired and new Indian passport together while travelling, you can utilize the visa until the visa expiry."

I doubt there can be a difference in process between Schengen countries!

I have written to the Italian embassy and am awaiting their response.

Any first hand experiences here?

Thanks
akshaymahajan is offline  
Old 24th January 2018, 14:54   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,674
Thanked: 5,647 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
VFS Germany has clearly stated that "If you are holding a valid Schengen visa in an expired Indian passport, you may carry both expired and new Indian passport together while travelling, you can utilize the visa until the visa expiry."
I have traveled multiple times to various schengen countries with a visa in an old / expired passport + my new passport, as long as the visa remained valid. Never to Italy but there shouldn't be any lack of uniformity to the regulation in other Schengen countries.
hserus is offline  
Old 24th January 2018, 14:55   #357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 93
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Any first hand experiences here?
I had the same situation with my US visa. As long as the visa is valid on the old passport, you are allowed to travel.
My passport had expired while the visa was still valid. All I had to do was carry the old passport (with valid visa) and the new passport. I was never asked any questions or faced any trouble. I am not sure if it is any different for Schengen countries.
get2bid is offline  
Old 24th January 2018, 17:06   #358
Lij
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 206
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Folks,
....

VFS Germany has clearly stated that "If you are holding a valid Schengen visa in an expired Indian passport, you may carry both expired and new Indian passport together while travelling, you can utilize the visa until the visa expiry."

....

Any first hand experiences here?

Thanks
I had a valid Schengen business visa on my expired passport and used it to travel to Spain in Nov 2017. You obviously need to carry both the passports, the expired one on which you have the valid visa and the new passport.

PS - I too had emailed the Spanish embassy and got a response in the affirmative.

Last edited by Lij : 24th January 2018 at 17:07.
Lij is online now  
Old 24th January 2018, 17:24   #359
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 549
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

I wish VFS could give the same answer in one go and I wouldnt have to worry about all this. :/
akshaymahajan is offline  
Old 24th January 2018, 18:11   #360
Lij
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 206
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

I wish VFS could give the same answer in one go and I wouldnt have to worry about all this. :/
The FAQ on both the VFS Italy websites is basically the same. On both websites it says in case you need to transfer you need to submit a new application.

Why do you need to transfer visa, you can very well travel with your expired passport with a valid visa on it as mentioned in the Kolkata website. I guess Delhi website might have missed on updating this information, you can call them up and get a confirmation as well.
Lij is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks