Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 19:06   #451
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
If you are able to take time and visit VFS Global with your folks, you can do that. Else, go the online way. Please note that the paper application will need you to certify each document.
Thanks a lot for the inputs. Few more questions, if you don't mind

a) Paper application is needed for both Online and Offline (VFS) process?
b) What is the approx fee that VFS charges for a single VISA application?
c) For VFS, do we all need to visit the center? Or just one of us can go and submit the documents? What is the exact role of VFS here? Is it a one-time process or do we have to visit VFS multiple times to get things done?

Last edited by Funny : 9th July 2019 at 19:07.
Old 9th July 2019, 19:24   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Thanks a lot for the inputs. Few more questions, if you don't mind

a) Paper application is needed for both Online and Offline (VFS) process?
b) What is the approx fee that VFS charges for a single VISA application?
c) For VFS, do we all need to visit the center? Or just one of us can go and submit the documents? What is the exact role of VFS here? Is it a one-time process or do we have to visit VFS multiple times to get things done?
a. Haven't done online, so not sure about that. However for applying through VFS, you need to submit the paper application.
b. I think they charge around 1.2K. Not sure if that has changed recently
c. All applicants would need to visit the office. Once the application is submitted, you would not be visiting the office again. You would get updates of your application via SMS and final visa through Email. VFS is one of the visa partner for the Australia Immigration Department, so they collect your documents, verify them and submit you application to the Australian Commission in Delhi.
Old 9th July 2019, 22:42   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
VFS is one of the visa partner for the Australia Immigration Department, so they collect your documents, verify them and submit you application to the Australian Commission in Delhi.
Thanks a lot for your inputs. Appreciate it.
Old 17th July 2019, 01:40   #454
BHPian

Needed help with UK Visitor Visa

I am currently applying for a 1 year Tier 2 ICT (Intra Company Transfer) WP for UK. My COS is available and stamping is due. At a later point of time, while I am in UK, I want my mother (housewife) and sister to visit me on a holiday. Am told that while for my mother, the visa would not be a problem, for my sister there is a high chance of rejection. Reason being that she is not working in India (is pursuing food blogging as a hobby) and is of marriageable age. Authorities would suspect that she may settle in UK and hence could reject her visa.

While applying for ICT, the form has a section for dependents (people who rely on you financially). My father is no more with us and hence my mother and sister depend on me. So I am planning to add them as dependents (who are not travelling with me) in the form. Am also planning to mention in the additional information section that they would later be applying for UK Visitor visa to join me for a holiday. My office's visa team folks have suggested that doing so would make for a case and show that my family would visit me and come back with me or before I return back

My queries are around the visitor visa for them:
1) Is it a good idea to show them as dependents? Not really sure what the term means in a visa processing scenario. While they do have some FDs and my mom would get the house in her name, does that make her independent or not?
2) While applying for the visitor visa, to show family ties and that they would return, I intend to share their ITR, bank statements, FD certificates, details about family in India. However from bearing their expenses for the trip, I intend to submit my bank statements as sponser (if that is the right word). Would showing their asset holding (not substantial), cause a conflict in terms of them being dependent on me?
3) What else could be done by us as part of application filing to ensure that we get a visa for both of them? I would send an invite letter once I reach UK, include my WP details in their application. Anything else?

Any inputs / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
S
Old 1st August 2019, 12:11   #455
BHPian

Guys,

I am traveling to Jakarta this month end for a seminar and do I need to apply for Visa to step into Indonesia or if there is VOA (Visa On Arrival) what are the needed documents? I would be Jakarta for 4 days.

Last edited by sajands : 1st August 2019 at 12:11. Reason: spacing
Old 1st August 2019, 15:41   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Am told that while for my mother, the visa would not be a problem, for my sister there is a high chance of rejection.
A couple of month's back, my friend's mother's visa got rejected based on her financial status. She lives in her own house in bangalore and gets rental income as well. So don't assume and do proper due deligence for your mother's application as well.
Old 1st August 2019, 17:05   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Guys,

I am traveling to Jakarta this month end for a seminar and do I need to apply for Visa to step into Indonesia or if there is VOA (Visa On Arrival) what are the needed documents? I would be Jakarta for 4 days.
Indonesia has a 30-day visa exemption for Indian tourists. I believe you can take advantage of that for your seminar.

I traveled to Bali a few years back for a couple of days and I did not face any problems. The only document they asked from me was a confirmed return ticket. You can carry your hotel booking confirmation as well, that might come in handy.
Old 1st August 2019, 17:41   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
My queries are around the visitor visa for them:
1) Is it a good idea to show them as dependents? Not really sure what the term means in a visa processing scenario. While they do have some FDs and my mom would get the house in her name, does that make her independent or not?
2) While applying for the visitor visa, to show family ties and that they would return, I intend to share their ITR, bank statements, FD certificates, details about family in India. However from bearing their expenses for the trip, I intend to submit my bank statements as sponser (if that is the right word). Would showing their asset holding (not substantial), cause a conflict in terms of them being dependent on me?
3) What else could be done by us as part of application filing to ensure that we get a visa for both of them? I would send an invite letter once I reach UK, include my WP details in their application. Anything else?

Any inputs / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
S
Your mother should be fine. The embassy understands, in India, the assets could be in the name of mother while she is not working/retired. ITR & 6 months saving bank statement is the most important. For your sister, its essential to show what is she doing. If she is doing anything which is not on paper you can either disclose that or you can opt to convey the embassy that she is a consultant in the field she is into & has cash income. Put this very calculatively. Because you are related by blood, they should not have any issues in getting the VISA if you submit your documents like Salary Slips, bank statement, Address proof & appointment letter.

The question in the form is, Will you be paying for your trip? Answer that question NO. After that they will ask who is paying, in that put your details. Don't put in any dependents.

Hope I am not too late to answer your queries & it helps.
Old 24th August 2019, 01:15   #459
BANNED

How to book refundable flights tickets for Schengen Visa, many website holds tickets for 3-4 days only, any site that can offer holding for longer period?

As they say never lie in visa applications, but people does all the time by making not so real itinerary, I see most people change their itinerary after getting the visa, embassy don't know about that or turn a blind eye?

If one's say he'll book tickets after getting visa approval so any chance visa would be granted or not?

Honesty is not they would like to hear though.
Old 24th August 2019, 01:44   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
How to book refundable flights tickets for Schengen Visa, many website holds tickets for 3-4 days only, any site that can offer holding for longer period?

As they say never lie in visa applications, but people does all the time by making not so real itinerary, I see most people change their itinerary after getting the visa, embassy don't know about that or turn a blind eye?

If one's say he'll book tickets after getting visa approval so any chance visa would be granted or not?

Honesty is not they would like to hear though.
They are asking for the flight itinerary only.
Not actual tickets.
You could definitely submit a copy of the ticket which you have blocked.
Old 24th August 2019, 02:41   #461
BHPian

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my mom to visit her sister who resides in the US. I can have my uncle who is a green holder send my mother an invite letter but I would like to provide the sponsorship. Will this be OK ? What are the documents that I need to provide typically ?
Old 26th August 2019, 20:04   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my mom to visit her sister who resides in the US. I can have my uncle who is a green holder send my mother an invite letter but I would like to provide the sponsorship. Will this be OK ? What are the documents that I need to provide typically ?

Yes, you can provide the sponsorship.

Provide documents showing your financial capability - Bank passbook/statements, Investments like shares, Fixed deposits, etc. along with source of Income like salary slips, IT returns.
Old 5th September 2019, 17:07   #463
BANNED

I'm having a Singapore Tourist visa. I will be traveling to Singapore from India.

I'm planning my return journey like this:

1. Travel to Kuala Lumpur from Singpore via bus

2. Return travel to India from Kuala Lumpur via flight

Do I need a separate visa to visit Malaysia?
Old 5th September 2019, 19:19   #464
BHPian

I am looking to apply for Malaysia eNTRI visa online by myself. I will be traveling with my wife and daughter (8 years old). Regarding documentation to upload, they ask for first and last page of passport. Questions: does it need to be in color? Any other pages of passport that need to be scanned? If I have a older canceled passport, do I need to upload those pages as well?

Also, there is an option to upload optional documents. Questions: What other documents, if any, need to be uploaded? Do I have to upload a scanned copy of my daughter's birth certificate?

If anyone knows, kindly let me know. Appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm having a Singapore Tourist visa. I will be traveling to Singapore from India.

You need a separate Malaysia visa to enter Malaysia.

You will reach Singapore road immigration office, disembark from bus, collect all your luggage and do immigration out of Singapore.

After coming out, you load the luggage back into the bus, board the bus, and cross the sea.

Now you will arrive at the Malaysia immigration office.

Again you disembark from the bus, collect all your luggage and do immigration into Malaysia.

After coming out, you load the luggage back into the bus and board the bus and travel to Kuala Lumpur.

After your stay at Kuala Lumpur, you can fly out of Klia.

If your stay in Malaysia is for less than 15 days, you can check out eNTRI visa (need to apply from India). If your stay in Malaysia is for up to 30 days in Malaysia, you can check out eVISA. Normal, multiple entry sticker visa is also available. There is no visa on arrival for Indians in Malaysia.

Last edited by murillo : 5th September 2019 at 19:37.
Old 6th September 2019, 09:40   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

I'm planning my return journey like this:

1. Travel to Kuala Lumpur from Singpore via bus

2. Return travel to India from Kuala Lumpur via flight

Yes, you need a visa or eNTRi note to enter Malaysia.
You can get it within 48 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks