Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 16:16   #421
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Depends which visa you have, if you get a Blue Card, your spouse is eligible to work after reaching Germany, automatically.
Thanks Spike. But, I don't have a blue card. My company is applying for fresh employment Visa for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Correct, because it is a dependent visa.
If she is eligible for a Blue card herself, she can apply for Blue Card and convert her dependent visa to Blue Card.
My wife is not eligible as well.

In our case, then, how does the equation change?

Thanks in advance,
Ryuu

Last edited by navin : 28th May 2019 at 16:09. Reason: typos
Ryuu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2019, 16:59   #422
BHPian

Weird situation:
1. Wife applied for Canada education and I applied for OWP with her - her visa got rejected and in turn mine as well
2. I applied for UK tourist visa - got rejected because the funds were in FD and I did not attach my marriage certificate (attached only the documents that Agent suggested) - miserable fail

Now, I want to apply for B1/B2 to the US - No history there, wife has a 10 year visa and her blood relations too. Should I apply? Will the above 2 incidents have any implications with regards to my US Visa Application? If so, what should be done to get rid of this?

TIA
Old 18th May 2019, 13:08   #423
BHPian

I have a question on a pre-requisite for applying to visa of many countries. A flight reservation. How does one book a reservation on online flight booking sites but not buy a ticket before visa approval? Or going through is the only option.

Also, if the reservation is for a week but visa approval takes longer than that then are you required to book tickets of same itinerary? The fares could have changed drastically.
Old 18th May 2019, 13:20   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Weird situation:
1. Wife applied for Canada education and I applied for OWP with her - her visa got rejected and in turn mine as well
2. I applied for UK tourist visa - got rejected because the funds were in FD and I did not attach my marriage certificate (attached only the documents that Agent suggested) - miserable fail

Now, I want to apply for B1/B2 to the US - No history there, wife has a 10 year visa and her blood relations too. Should I apply? Will the above 2 incidents have any implications with regards to my US Visa Application? If so, what should be done to get rid of this?

TIA
You can be asked if you have travelled abroad. Answer is No. Period.
If your interview answers prove strong ties to India, B1/B2 is easy.

Your strong purpose of visit, a good income and any property in India will boost the chances.
Good luck
Old 27th May 2019, 11:33   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
You can be asked if you have travelled abroad. Answer is No. Period.
If your interview answers prove strong ties to India, B1/B2 is easy.

Your strong purpose of visit, a good income and any property in India will boost the chances.
Good luck
Thank you. But having travelled abroad (not much though - Dubai and SG), is it ok to say No?
Old 27th May 2019, 21:39   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. But having travelled abroad (not much though - Dubai and SG), is it ok to say No?
Always be truthful. Your passport will have the entry and exit stamps, no way you can say that you have not travelled.
Old 28th May 2019, 08:59   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Always be truthful. Your passport will have the entry and exit stamps, no way you can say that you have not travelled.
I've noticed these days that dates are not stamped on passports anymore. However, all travel info on that document are easily accessed by immigration when they scan it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have a question on a pre-requisite for applying to visa of many countries. A flight reservation. How does one book a reservation on online flight booking sites but not buy a ticket before visa approval? Or going through is the only option.
When i applied for a visit visa to Australia for my parents as well as in-laws, the application never asked for flight reservations to be provided. Having them was a bonus which could be provided, but it was never mandated.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:28   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. I applied for UK tourist visa - got rejected because the funds were in FD and
Do you see any Rejected stamps/ remarks from Canadian/ UK consulate on the passport? If yes, then it can be tricky. It will appear that you are trying to move from India. Did the Canadian/ UK Guys reject outrightly or asked you to furnish more documents?

If you don't have anything of immediate importance in the USA, better wait and apply after a few months/ Year.
Old 28th May 2019, 12:39   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I understood there is no International travel history.

In this case, you can say Yes(in DS160 too)

Just don't mention your UK and Canada refusals anywhere(DS160 won't ask too)
Old 28th May 2019, 12:53   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Sure, I was a little confused about procrastinator's reply and then realized that I did not mention about my travel history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do you see any Rejected stamps/ remarks from Canadian/ UK consulate on the passport? If yes, then it can be tricky. It will appear that you are trying to move from India. Did the Canadian/ UK Guys reject outrightly or asked you to furnish more documents?

If you don't have anything of immediate importance in the USA, better wait and apply after a few months/ Year.
Outright rejection and no, no rejection info in my passport. I don't have any immediate importance. Canada rejection happened last year some time and UK was this year Jan. Can you please let me know how long should I wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Sorry, I understood there is no International travel history.

In this case, you can say Yes(in DS160 too)

Just don't mention your UK and Canada refusals anywhere(DS160 won't ask too)
Apologies, I did not communicate it properly.

I will wait for some more time before I apply for B1/B2. I am more concerned about how this rejection is going to impact my future visa requests to the same countries that rejected and other countries? Is there anyway to make this fade or go away completely?
Old 28th May 2019, 22:57   #431
BANNED

Planning to go for a family vacation to Singapore in Oct/Nov.

1. Do I need to apply the visa through an agent?
2. Do I need to buy tickets before applying for a visa?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th May 2019, 23:19   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Planning to go for a family vacation to Singapore in Oct/Nov.

1. Do I need to apply the visa through an agent?
2. Do I need to buy tickets before applying for a visa?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes, you need to apply through authorised agent listed on their site. The visa should cost 1500 INR(30 SGD) + GST.
2. Yes, you need to buy tickets or else pay agent to get a dummy ticket.
Old 28th May 2019, 23:24   #433
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
1. Yes, you need to apply through authorised agent listed on their site. The visa should cost 1500 INR(30 SGD) + GST.
2. Yes, you need to buy tickets or else pay agent to get a dummy ticket.
Thanks.

How much will a dummy ticket cost? Is it worth the hassle or money?
Old 28th May 2019, 23:36   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks.

How much will a dummy ticket cost? Is it worth the hassle or money?
You can either go for a full refundable ticket from an airline site or get a dummy ticket from a local agent. Generally, you will get the Singapore visa easily.
Dummy ticket can also be bought online from sites like this given below:
1.Dummy site for booking
2.One more dummy site
Old 28th May 2019, 23:43   #435
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
You can either go for a full refundable ticket from an airline site or get a dummy ticket from a local agent. Generally, you will get the Singapore visa easily.
Dummy ticket can also be bought online from sites like this given below:
1.Dummy site for booking
2.One more dummy site
Thanks.

On most of the flight search engines, I'm seeing tickets that refunds only 60-80% of ticket costs.

Most Viewed