Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2022, 10:55   #511
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Yes you can. I was in exactly the same situation and could use the Drop Box in Bangalore.

Thanks for the information. When I filled up in May, I got slot for documents submission after 84 days in Delhi. Submitted on due date and got Visas renewed within a Week. Had got Visas renewed timely though we intend to fly next summer. Who knows what the situation would be then.
Actually, after filling up all forms (online), we (my Wife and me) came to a questionnaire. Filling it up, it declared us eligible for dropbox facility.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 14:59   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Thanks for the information. When I filled up in May, I got slot for documents submission after 84 days in Delhi. Submitted on due date and got Visas renewed within a Week. Had got Visas renewed timely though we intend to fly next summer. Who knows what the situation would be then.
Actually, after filling up all forms (online), we (my Wife and me) came to a questionnaire. Filling it up, it declared us eligible for dropbox facility.
I was eligible too for Dropbox for my B1/B2 renewal back in 2020 and I submitted the passport/docs. But then I was called for an in person interview after which I was granted the visa. This was pre-pandemic and it never had such crazy wait times. Good luck with your renewal!
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 22:31   #513
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

Need your advise on Spain Tourist visa - I was trying to book an appointment for visa through BLSS official website but unable to select the date. Has anyone recently applied for a Spain tourist visa? Please let me know how did you apply. TIA.
Old 17th October 2022, 01:00   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Has anyone traveled to Malaysia recently?
-------
Can anyone help me to understand if there is any possibility of getting a visa before the 23rd of October? Thanks
The website in back to normal atleast here in France.
Check whether it's working now from India.
It was down globally I suppose. https://malaysiavisa.imi.gov.my/evis...ountryaccess=0
Old 17th October 2022, 11:57   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

My earlier Visa (B1/ B2) got expired on 30 Apr 19, issued in May 2009, I believe I still have time to use DropBox if they accept for B1/ B2
You are still eligible as the rule book says within 48 months of expiry. Better Hurry as even the dropbox appointments are getting over pretty fast
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:36   #516
BHPian

Current situation for any type of Visa for USA is so bad and have long wait periods. Inspite of assurances by concerned authorities, the wait period is growing longer.

Advice for Visas & Interviews-screenshot_20221123122240_chrome.jpg

The conditions for eligibility of 'Drop-box' are being relaxed to shift eligible Visa seekers to shift in this queue. The Drop-box cases are further routed to consulates outside India.
Under current situation, students proceeding for Graduate courses may not be lucky to have their parents share the happy moments of their Graduation Ceremony.
What alternatives could be tried ?

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 23rd November 2022 at 12:38.
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:06   #517
BHPian

Quote:
The wait is just 7 days in Kathmandu. Is it technically possible to get it stamped from another country than your home country?
Old 15th December 2022, 13:03   #518
Senior - BHPian

Any one knows the current situation of B1/B2 visa lead times? Say for Chennai. How long does it take to get a new one. (Old one expired). Is there any kind of relaxation for renewal categories for the same class of VISA, in terms of lesser turn around time/interview waiver? The website says interview waiver got applicable if the VISA is expired within the past 48 months. Is that true for all categories or are there some conditions?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 15th December 2022 at 13:24.
Old 15th December 2022, 17:02   #519
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

I intend to apply for a Philippines Visa for a week's travel in Feb 2023 for business purposes. The travel desk in our office gave a list of documents required for applying for the Visa and a couple of them are really weird.

1. Min 2 old Passports along with current valid passport. In case the old passports arent available, a self declaration to be given and still there would be chances of rejection. Luckily i have the old passports. The requirement isn't mentioned in Philippines Visa website.

2. Letter of Invitation from host country. Again the Visa webpage doesn't mention that the Letter of Invitation needs to be notarized, however our travel desk has asked to get it.

Any thoughts on the above requirements. Anybody gone recently to Philippines on Business Visa can confirm if the above requirements are valid.
Old 15th December 2022, 22:07   #520
BHPian

Old passports NOT needed.

Letter of invitation is NEEDED.

Information source:

https://newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph/index....n-requirements

Check out the paragraphs about visa-free entry. See if you qualify.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Last edited by mygodbole : 15th December 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Additional information
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 22:38   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
The wait is just 7 days in Kathmandu. Is it technically possible to get it stamped from another country than your home country?
Only if you are 'legally working' in that other country. Work permit issued by govt needed.
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:32   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Current situation for any type of Visa for USA is so bad and have long wait periods. Inspite of assurances by concerned authorities, the wait period is growing longer.

My brother was told that he’d be sent to the US 6 months ago, only to be pushed back by the legal team citing delays in appointments.

We googled around and found that getting stamped from another country was an option (risky, but still an option). He approached the US hiring manager with the idea, who promptly pitched it to the legal team, and they flat out refused to honor such a request because more than the “candidate risk”, it was a “reputation risk” for the company as there could be chances of the company being labeled “visa violator“.

So, unless a company and the individual is willing to take this calculated risk, it’s probably not a good idea to look for alternate approaches to this situation.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:45   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any one knows the current situation of B1/B2 visa lead times? Say for Chennai. How long does it take to get a new one. (Old one expired).
I recently applied for B1 renewal. Last one expired in 2021 and hence eligible for interview waiver. While dropping off passport last week, was told that processing time would be max 3 weeks. This was at Bangalore VAC.

The problem is not just processing time but getting the appointment in the first place. I initially got a date in March '23, but kept checking the portal once in a while. Finally got one in December and rescheduled immediately.

And no, don't think i got any lesser turn around due to interview waiver !

Hope it helps
sarba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 00:45   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba View Post
The problem is not just processing time but getting the appointment in the first place. I initially got a date in March '23, but kept checking the portal once in a while. Finally got one in December and rescheduled immediately.
What is the interview waiver criteria? Less than 48 months since Visa expired? Interview appointments are separate than the other appointment?
Old 16th December 2022, 09:05   #525

Quote:
What is the interview waiver criteria? Less than 48 months since Visa expired?
Yes. The application system itself will confirm if you are eligible based on a questionnaire.
Also, https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/

Quote:
Interview appointments are separate than the other appointment?
In my experience no. But then, you need appointment slots only at VAC for drop off and not really a personal interview slot at the consulate.

Disclaimer : All the above from my recent experience, not really a Visa / Passport expert
sarba is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks