Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 10:47   #631
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What are the chances for a fourteen year old girl to get a short duration UK Visa when applied independently of her parents?
Hi

From experience the chances depend on convincing the UK authorities her intent to return home/India. Try to provide as much information financial, continuing schooling, other Indian roots/family related facts which prove she will be returning. Also critical is the perceived status of the UK hosts, including their previous immigration related history.

Thanks
LiveLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 06:43   #632
BHPian

A friend wants to apply for UK visit Visa. Around 40 years ago, he failed to secure Visa. Now, after having visited US & Canada quite a number of times, he wants to apply for Visa on his next return from US. He would apply for Visa while in US.
Question: Does he answer 'Yes' or 'No' to 'Have you ever been denied Visa' ? He doesn't even remember which year he was rejected. So he would not be able to furnish any details of his rejection.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 7th March 2024 at 06:44.
Old 7th March 2024, 11:57   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
He would apply for Visa while in US.
If he's not a resident of US, the application would take longer time to process his application/visa.

Quote:
Question: Does he answer 'Yes' or 'No' to 'Have you ever been denied Visa' ?
Personally, there will be 2 school of thoughts in that;

1) Answer Yes - Since he's going to apply for the visa not from his home country, so probably his application is subject to more scrutiny and any wrong info (even 40 years ago) can get his application rejected and jeopardize his future travels.

2) Answer No - If he would apply from his home country, He can take chances as he will surely be having a new Passport # which won't get flagged in their system.

I would have always gone with Choice#1, to not have any headache whatsoever.

Last edited by NomadSK : 7th March 2024 at 12:02.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 12:15   #634
BHPian

The problem, as we have discussed is nowadays every info has to be fed online. Nothing of the sort where facing the Officer one can say, "it was so long ago that I do not even remember the year, forget about date" Online, the page would not move forward till all required info is not fed.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 15:31   #635
BHPian

Quote:
The problem, as we have discussed is nowadays every info has to be fed online. Nothing of the sort where facing the Officer one can say, "it was so long ago that I do not even remember the year, forget about date" Online, the page would not move forward till all required info is not fed.
can you share the screenshot?
40 years most of the data was fed offline, the chances of it flagging denied visa is very low, but still would be easier to answer if gotten the chance to look what details does the form really ask for
udzgodfather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 15:38   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udzgodfather View Post
can you share the screenshot?
40 years most of the data was fed offline.
Will do so, when and if, we sit down to work on it. But he doesn't want to apply yet. The Visa is valid for 3 months only whereas he spends longer time in US.
So, he has to apply from there only.
Old 7th March 2024, 22:04   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will do so, when and if, we sit down to work on it. But he doesn't want to apply yet. The Visa is valid for 3 months only whereas he spends longer time in US.
So, he has to apply from there only.
Which visa is he applying for? Did he mention this refusal in any other country’s visa application? What was the reason for refusal?

From what I know, the shortest UK visitor visa is valid for a year, but maximum allowed stay is for 6 months from the date of your entry. You can apply for it at most 3 months before your planned arrival date. Most people apply for it about a month or 2 in advance given the processing time of ~6 weeks. There was a priority option as well to reduce the processing time to 5 days, but, I think that is suspended for Visitor Visas post covid.

More here - https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/...d-visitor-visa

Last edited by Dry Ice : 7th March 2024 at 22:06.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 13:47   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Which visa is he applying for? Did he mention this refusal in any other country’s visa application? What was the reason for refusal?
He wants to apply for standard 6 months visit Visa.
No, he did not disclose this applying for USA and Canada.
The reason for refusal, as I feel is his Young age and probably insufficient funds at that time.
Anyway, he has decided to proceed and screenshot unanswerable questions, if he comes clean in his application
OR
He shall not mention this and apply. If this issue comes up, he can produce the screenshots and claim that he intended to be clean, but then these were the issues.
Aged and financially sound, he should be able to get through.
There is a long time to wait and watch.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 8th March 2024 at 13:49.
Old 8th March 2024, 13:56   #639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He shall not mention this and apply. If this issue comes up, he can produce the screenshots and claim that he intended to be clean, but then these were the issues.
Aged and financially sound, he should be able to get through.
You can try applying from the USA; if the system accepts the application, it means they will process it. I will forget what happened 40 years ago; you won't even have a copy of your passport or number from that time. Remember, there was no such software/ computers in those days. They might have a record of an old passport and rejection, but no one will bother looking for it for such a simple visa; it makes no difference what happened 40 years ago.

But I will not wait; instead, I will apply now and mention my travel dates. They will issue either a long-term visa based on your current US/ Canada visa or mention start/ end dates for the time you want to visit. But this is only if you want to travel in 2024, for next year, this will be early.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th March 2024 at 14:02.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:00   #640
BHPian

He will apply from USA only as the validity of Visa is just 3 months. He usually spends 4-5 months in US.
Besides, once in US, he will be considered as worthy of International Travel and may not need strict scrutiny of his funds.
Old 8th March 2024, 14:10   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He will apply from USA only as the validity of Visa is just 3 months. He usually spends 4-5 months in US.
Besides, once in US, he will be considered as worthy of International Travel and may not need strict scrutiny of his funds.
Not really; I will not take it lightly because I am in the USA and have a valid US/ Canada visa. Give them all the details, including your property in India/ elsewhere and the updated bank balances.

But suppose you are not in the USA currently and plan to do so after you are in the US for whatever reasons, you better do it when you have stayed for a while and nearer to the date of travel, as otherwise, they will ask for reasons for not applying in India. I don't think it's a long wait here.

In my opinion, if you are in India and still have time to go to the USA, I will apply in India itself. If that old rejection is haunting you, I won't worry much and simply apply here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th March 2024 at 14:17.
Old 8th March 2024, 14:18   #642
BHPian

Please understand :
Even if he obtains Visa from India prior to going to US, it will be 'Invalid' within 3 months while he is still in US. As per rules the Visa has to be obtained within 3 months of Travel.
He owns property here in New Delhi (worth around 2 Crores) and will declare it along with his financial savings (about 70-80 Lakhs).
Further support from his Children in US can be added.
And if he still gets Refusal, he wouldn't care much. For him US / Canada and his Family is more important.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 8th March 2024 at 14:20.
Old 8th March 2024, 14:26   #643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even if he obtains Visa from India prior to going to US, it will be 'Invalid' within 3 months while he is still in US. As per rules the Visa has to be obtained within 3 months of Travel
Right, so apply within 3 months of your expected travel from the USA. But do enclose financials.
Old 20th March 2024, 00:47   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Please understand :
Even if he obtains Visa from India prior to going to US, it will be 'Invalid' within 3 months while he is still in US. As per rules the Visa has to be obtained within 3 months of Travel.
He owns property here in New Delhi (worth around 2 Crores) and will declare it along with his financial savings (about 70-80 Lakhs).
Further support from his Children in US can be added.
And if he still gets Refusal, he wouldn't care much. For him US / Canada and his Family is more important.
If your friend already has Canada & USA visitor/tourist visas on his passport I doubt he will face any issues in obtaining a UK visitor visa as the questions about specifically visiting these 2 countries, Australia & New Zealand are asked in detail in the visa application form along with EU countries for the past 10 years.

Supporting documents (bank statements, property docs...etc, letter of inviatation from a relative in UK if available) will certainly help the process.

As regards the earlier rejection 40 years ago, I doubt those analogue records were maintained but best to be honest about it!
BlackBeard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:12   #645
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone applied for Croatia tourist visa lately? How long did the process take?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks