Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:58   #601
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
You just need to apply one visa, with the company-sponsored invitation letter. In the visa application expected entry and exit date mention as per your planned duration of staying Germany, say 20 days’ duration if you plan to stay 15 days with your sister after the 5 days of business activities. And at passport check in Germany if they ask you how long you intend to stay, you can mention the actual details.

From what I know, business/tourism falls into the same category - Type C (short-term visit).
Even though they both fall under the Type C visa category once you start filling up the form in the Videx application there the difference is clearly marked. In the section ' Purpose of your Visit ' there is an option for you to choose either Business or Tourism as your main purpose.

You can even choose both . But from what I heard and spoken to about, it is prudent that you do not show two completely different purpose for visit in a single application since that might create ambiguity in your application as far as the visa officer is concerned.
rijo_tj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 17:08   #602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
Even though they both fall under the Type C visa category once you start filling up the form in the Videx application there the difference is clearly marked. In the section ' Purpose of your Visit ' there is an option for you to choose either Business or Tourism as your main purpose.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. What I mentioned was based on my experience. Last year I applied Schengen visa (Germany) for a 4 days business trip. And I got the visa approved for two years. In that trip I stayed only a couple of days extra, but after that had been to Germany/EU on holidays twice. I applied from VFS global centre here in Singapore, and it could be different with VFS in India.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd September 2023 at 17:11.
Old 23rd September 2023, 20:04   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
Thank you for the detailed explanation. What I mentioned was based on my experience. Last year I applied Schengen visa (Germany) for a 4 days business trip. And I got the visa approved for two years. In that trip I stayed only a couple of days extra, but after that had been to Germany/EU on holidays twice. I applied from VFS global centre here in Singapore, and it could be different with VFS in India.
You are right. These minute level scrutiny and *US* walking on glass shreds w.r.t our visa application is only when you apply from India.

Last edited by rijo_tj : 23rd September 2023 at 20:21.
Old 25th September 2023, 09:39   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am planning a trip to the UK. I plan to visit some close family, spend a couple of days with them as well as travel around a bit with them in tow. I would appreciate input on the list of documents to be submitted. My past visits have always been under business visa, so I have never bothered about the documents for UK. Additionally, it would help, if folks can shed light on the duration it takes to process the visa.
Hi there. Just saw your message and hopefully, i am not late in providing the info required.

VFS is the go-to place for UK visas. I would recommend applying for a tourist visa since your main purpose is tourism
On the documentation, I would recommend the below as non non-negotiable
1. Letter to the visa consulate stating your purpose of visit, some background details of yourself, the ability to fund your trip by yourself, and the circumstances that will support your return to your native. I had included the fact that my mom stays with me and is too old to take of herself and i will be back to support her
2. Financials - IT Returns - 3 years, Salary slips, any other financial investments, immovable assets (property)
3. If you are taking your child with you - NOC from the school
4. If you are employed - NOC from your firm

Rest all is non-mandatory. Travel agents suggest return tickets + accommodation. But this is not required. Maybe good to have

Upload documents onto VFS and then take the originals with you when you go to VFS for checking and biometrics

Don't fall prey to priority queues, concierge service, etc. At max, you should pay for SMS tracking + courier of your passport

Try and book an early morning appointment. We had ours at 915 in the morning. We reached there by 9 am and went out at 10 am. There were 3 of us for biometrics. Strangely, there was no document checking at any of the counters. I checked with them and they said if there is any shortfall, the consulate will reach out

Approval - If all goes well, you will get your confirmation of visas in 15 working days. This does not include weekends, holidays, etc. Does not come before that. So plan to have enough time set aside between your application date and travel date

We applied on 25th Aug and got our confirmation on 15th Sep and the passports reached us on 16th Sep

Let me know if you have any further queries. Good luck and happy travels
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 15:59   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Can you let me know how many business days it took for processing the Philippine business visa?
For Business Visa- PH embassy at Delhi and Chennai have different requirements (yeah)

Mandatory Docs- Notarized and signed Invite Letter from PH company that is inviting you (this is a hard copy, needs to be couriered from PH to IN), Letter from Indian company mentioning reason for travel, Signed PH National ID card copy of the invitee, Return tickets, Hotel Booking, and the usual Visa application forms and passport pics. 6 Days expedited processing for additional INR 850.
Old 27th September 2023, 19:54   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Applied for a B1/B2 tourist US visa for My son, Wife, and Myself, through an agent. Got the dates for April 20/2025 in Chennai. We informed the agent to keep an eye on any early opening at any location. Last month got a slot for Jan 30/2023. Biometric was on the 29th and the interview was on the 30th. The consulate spoke to all three of us for 5 mins and took our passports and said Welcome to the USA. The passports were received through courier yesterday with a 10-year VISA seal.
What role does the agent play exactly? The current estimated wait time at Mumbai consulate for B1/B2 visa interview is 576 days. If I log in continually on a regular basis will that help me get an earlier slot? I'm assuming that's all the agents do.

Also, I noticed that interview wait times for Colombo are 35 days and Bangkok is 15 days. Would it help if one applied from those centres? Any chance of getting turned down? All Indian cities are 500+ days so these look like tempting, albeit expensive, options!
Old 27th September 2023, 22:01   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Also, I noticed that interview wait times for Colombo are 35 days and Bangkok is 15 days. Would it help if one applied from those centres? Any chance of getting turned down?
Two of my friends tried to apply for US visa from another country (while traveling on a tourist visa, one at Tokyo and one at Athens), both of their US visas got rejected during interview stage. And they were told to apply in their home country. I was surprised to know that one can even apply for US visa from non-home country.

Would be interesting to know if someone has got their US visa from another country during a visit visa.
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 16:14   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Would be interesting to know if someone has got their US visa from another country during a visit visa.
Thanks, I have applied through the India (Mumbai) centre but it's showing a date in April 2025 Any idea how to expedite it? Am not in favour of paying extortionate amounts to touts.

Agree with you- chances are less they would grant a non-resident a visa. I have applied successfully for my daughter when we were living abroad but at that time was on a work permit and they didn't raise any issues.
Old 28th September 2023, 16:26   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how to expedite it?
There's an option for "submit expedite request form" after you have filled in your DS form. Not sure though, check the document, if that helps.

Quote:
I have applied successfully for my daughter when we were living abroad but at that time was on a work permit and they didn't raise any issues.
Same pinch, I had applied while being a resident here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf how-to-request-expedited-interview-english-1219.pdf (411.5 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by NomadSK : 28th September 2023 at 16:27.
Old 28th September 2023, 18:02   #610
BHPian

Hi all,

I wish to apply for USA tourist visa for me, my wife and son (3 years old). I have a few queries:

1. In documents required it mentions that approved leave certificate is required from our employer. But if we have no firm plan and just wish to procure USA visa for future travel, is it possible?
2. My son’s passport was issued for five years. So if I apply for USA visa for him what will be the validity of visa? 10 years?

Thanks.
Old 28th September 2023, 18:10   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
2. My son’s passport was issued for five years. So if I apply for USA visa for him what will be the validity of visa? 10 years?
On the second point - this is not a problem. When you travel (say in 6 years with new passport for your son), just need to carry the old passport (in which the visa is stamped) as well.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 11:41   #612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Agree with you- chances are less they would grant a non-resident a visa. I have applied successfully for my daughter when we were living abroad but at that time was on a work permit and they didn't raise any issues.
Looks like there's been a recent update that proves both of us wrong! This tweet from the US Embassy in India dated February 2023 seems to suggest that someone already travelling to a foreign location, say Bangkok, can seek an appointment for their short-stay visa there!

Quote:
There's an option for "submit expedite request form" after you have filled in your DS form. Not sure though, check the document, if that helps.
Thanks but this won't help. There are very specific categories under which you can request an expedited visa. Posting a screenshot from the UStraveldocs website:

Advice for Visas & Interviews-expedited.jpg
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 12:34   #613
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

How much time does it take for a partner visa to the Netherlands?

Also, how much time does it take for a sponsored work visa to UK? Any recent experiences? What are the documents that are required for the same?

Information on both these fronts would be super helpful.
Old 29th September 2023, 12:54   #614
BHPian

Quote:
This tweet[/url] from the US Embassy in India dated February 2023 seems to suggest that someone already travelling to a foreign location, say Bangkok, can seek an appointment for their short-stay visa there

Attachment 2509673
Interesting - wondering if this applies to all countries or only a few. Colombo has a short line - and it probably costs as much as a tout would take to get a date.
Old 29th September 2023, 21:11   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi there. Just saw your message and hopefully, i am not late in providing the info required.
Thank you. I have all of these documents ready. I have one question. I am traveling with my aged dependent parents. Do I have to show financial documents that is on their name or is my financial documents good enough for them. They have a property on their name, that's it. I would be their sponsor for their trip. Any advice on documentations for this will be highly appreciated. All of us will be applying together.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks