Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 12:11   #466
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Where is a good place to park a car while attending a US Visa interview at the US consulate at Chennai? The interview is early in the morning (745 AM). The options that I thought of were, near Rani Seethai complex or the road adjoining it (and walk across) or the Church adjoining the US consulate. Another option I thought was to park at the Parsn complex or The Park hotel. Would anyone who have used any of these or any other parking spots let know, please?
Old 31st October 2019, 12:21   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Where is a good place to park a car while attending a US Visa interview at the US consulate at Chennai? The interview is early in the morning (745 AM). The options that I thought of were, near Rani Seethai complex or the road adjoining it (and walk across) or the Church adjoining the US consulate. Another option I thought was to park at the Parsn complex or The Park hotel. Would anyone who have used any of these or any other parking spots let know, please?
When I went for my interview I took a bus, but when I went for my wife, I parked on the bylane next to Saravana Bhavan on Peter's road. See if that works for you. The road name is Padmavathi road. Else, since you are going quite early, you can try your luck under the flyover opposite Saravana Bhavan as well.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:29   #468
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone successfully disputed the refusal and got the schengen visa approved?
We 5 friends are planning a trip to Prague and Munich from 29th Nov and two of us got our application rejected by the Czech embassy. Thinking whether to contest or reapply via the German embassy? We are cutting it short and not sure what is the best way forward.
The rejection reason was that, "the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable". Coincidentally only the two of us work in the IT sector.
Old 25th November 2019, 13:41   #469
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a query about my US Visa. My US tourist Visa is in my earlier passport which ran out of pages and then I got a new one. So, last time (in 2016) I carried both the passports and there were no issues as such. I will be travelling again soon so wanted to check if there have been any changes to this rule. I will be traveling from New Delhi.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th November 2019 at 13:42.
Old 25th November 2019, 14:11   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I have a query about my US Visa. My US tourist Visa is in my earlier passport which ran out of pages and then I got a new one. So, last time (in 2016) I carried both the passports and there were no issues as such. I will be travelling again soon so wanted to check if there have been any changes to this rule. I will be traveling from New Delhi.
I traveled earlier this year and there was no issue. Just carry both the passports till the current visa expires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Has anyone successfully disputed the refusal and got the schengen visa approved?
For the information of other people, the review/dispute is a lengthy process. Spoke to a few people and determined that applying again is a better option. We just reapplied with a more detailed itinerary and got our visas 🙂
Old 26th November 2019, 11:49   #471
BHPian

Info needed w.r.t US Visa. I need to apply for dependent Tourist Spouse/Kids Visa. I personally have a Valid Business Visa. A few questions :
1. Can I make one application for Spouse & 2 Kids?
2. Can I join them for the interview?
Old 30th November 2019, 00:59   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
Info needed w.r.t US Visa. I need to apply for dependent Tourist Spouse/Kids Visa. I personally have a Valid Business Visa. A few questions :
1. Can I make one application for Spouse & 2 Kids?
2. Can I join them for the interview?
No, to both of your questions if you are applying for a B1/B2 visa
Old 15th March 2021, 09:11   #473
r.K
BHPian

Hi guys. Would like to know the interview experience of anyone here, who has taken up the visa interview recently (post COVID) H1/L1? Kindly share your experience - questions asked, was there an ask for additional documents, etc.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:26   #474
BHPian

Has anyone applied for a German tourist visa recently from up north? I've been trying for weeks to book a VFS appointment in Chandigarh or Delhi, but always get "No slots available".
Old 28th September 2021, 18:53   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Has anyone applied for a German tourist visa recently from up north? I've been trying for weeks to book a VFS appointment in Chandigarh or Delhi, but always get "No slots available".
Try checking at mid night. But most of the slots are being lapped up by agents. My agent got my Parents an option of three slots in VFS Bangalore on 17, 28 and 30th of this month since we were waiting for Covaxin WHO approval so that they could apply for a family visit visa. But unfortunately, we have to wait longer
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 22:21   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try checking at mid night. But most of the slots are being lapped up by agents. My agent got my Parents an option of three slots in VFS Bangalore on 17, 28 and 30th of this month since we were waiting for Covaxin WHO approval so that they could apply for a family visit visa. But unfortunately, we have to wait longer
Could you please DM me the contact details for your agent? I just can't seem to luck out with an appointment right now.
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:07   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
This is a perennial issue with VFS Chd/Del (have seen this since 2018).

What's worked for me & family is - Login at around 11:30pm and keep checking every 10 minutes for an hour (their website used to time out & asked to login again). Plus whenever you have time before 9am (yep it's a sad albeit humorous pain in the neck thing).

And an important heads-up: to get an appointment for passport submission (for visa/sticker affixing) you don't need to choose the correct visa category. You can book an available slot in different category. VFS folks are okay with that.
mn2363 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:36   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn2363 View Post
This is a perennial issue with VFS Chd/Del (have seen this since 2018).

What's worked for me & family is - Login at around 11:30pm and keep checking every 10 minutes for an hour (their website used to time out & asked to login again). Plus whenever you have time before 9am (yep it's a sad albeit humorous pain in the neck thing).

And an important heads-up: to get an appointment for passport submission (for visa/sticker affixing) you don't need to choose the correct visa category. You can book an available slot in different category. VFS folks are okay with that.
Thanks a bunch! It is indeed a huge pain. I did manage to get one in Delhi for 2nd Nov. Chandigarh always says no slots, don't know why.
Old 4th October 2021, 10:31   #479
BHPian

I had to give my biometrics for my Canadian visa at VFS Chennai. The first thing that they do is to take to a window where the person rattles off about a premium service for INR 3K. They make it sound that you get a better service though they don't say so. All that the premium service entitles is a separate waiting room (there were only 2 people in the general waiting room though) and cushioned chairs and a soft drink, nothing else. The walt time is the same. After questioning the person, he said that it's optional and admitted that there's no quick service as such. Needless to say, I took my token and finished my activity in about 5 minutes.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 13:01   #480
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if this is a good time to go for a US tourist visa? My wife and I work for an American co. and we get a letter from work for visa purpose if required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks