Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 10:14   #496
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Attached is the questionnaire for US Visa application.
It is advisable to fill up all these beforehand so that the filing is easier.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx US Visa Info.xlsx (38.1 KB, 220 views)
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:36   #497
BHPian

Hi! I just applied for a UK 6 month tourist visa (normai). Seeing plenty of paid options from vfs. Is there any reccomended one I should opt for?
Old 24th May 2022, 11:11   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I need an advice for Canadian travel visa rejection i received 3 days back.

I'm confused, i know that i am in flagged age group (26 year old, Single, Male, Engineer), but still my documentation should've been enough to make up for it.
Usually the canadian high comission in Delhi is the strictest i got two visit visas in New York and PR visa easily in the USA. The delhi high comission has the highest demand due to proximity to Punjab.

The us visa rejection will not weigh heavily as i had a friend who had his US visa rejected 10 times and he still was admitted to Canada and was finally able to fulfill his dream of visiting US after he got his Canadian Passport
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:58   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try checking at mid night. But most of the slots are being lapped up by agents. My agent got my Parents an option of three slots in VFS Bangalore on 17, 28 and 30th of this month since we were waiting for Covaxin WHO approval so that they could apply for a family visit visa. But unfortunately, we have to wait longer
Hi @audioholic

Any update on WHO approval for Covaxin? I'm asking because my wife and I are planning to visit our daugher-in-law in Germany around mid-September for a couple of months. After struggling for 20 days, we managed to get an appointment at VFS New Delhi for August 11th, though that will mean a trip to Delhi and back from Hyderabad.
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:13   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi;
Hi @audioholic

Any update on WHO approval for Covaxin? I'm asking because my wife and I are planning to visit our daugher-in-law in Germany around mid-September for a couple of months..
Hello Vnabhi,
Covaxin is now approved for travel to Germany.

Advice for Visas & Interviews-701d087290024c9baa7c985c04f8f7fa.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:24   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hello Vnabhi,
Covaxin is now approved for travel to Germany.

Attachment 2315709
That's awesome. I've posted a few queries on the other thread related to advice on someone's intended travel to Netherlands and VFS not showing any appointments.. In case I don't get a response there, i'll post it here later today.

Thanks once again for your instantaneous response.

Last edited by vnabhi : 2nd June 2022 at 18:25.
Old 20th August 2022, 22:34   #502
Team-BHP Support

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Visa trouble...

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 17:20   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is true the US embassy site currently shows 580 + days waiting for tourist visa. We were planning to visit our extended family in US next summer of 2023 but seems like we have to hold off atleast till 2025 :(

Not sure though, whether this is a real crisis or an artificially created one to limit the number of people moving around
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:11   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
This is true the US embassy site currently shows 580 + days waiting for tourist visa. We were planning to visit our extended family in US next summer of 2023 but seems like we have to hold off
My and Wife's Visit Visa had expired and we were lucky enough to qualify for dropbox facility. Although, the wait for that too was 84 days, but took a week for Visa stamping and delivery.
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:18   #505
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
Hi! I just applied for a UK 6 month tourist visa (normai). Seeing plenty of paid options from vfs. Is there any reccomended one I should opt for?
I know this is a very late response, but I recently applied for a UK business visa and it made sense to opt for the VFS Premium package (Gold I think is what's it's called) that costs Rs.5450, so that the passport is delivered back to the home address via courier.

My experience at VFS Bangalore wasn't something to write home about - they were slow, the "Premium" lounge wasn't managed very well and it took 2+ hours just to get the documents sorted by category, scanned and uploaded, followed by collecting biometrics and photographs. Children accompanying their parents had a good time though as there were enough snacks and chocolates to keep them happy

They again try to upsell the priority services by saying that standard visa processing time is 7-10 weeks (and they also have our passports for that long which is a real bummer in case we have other travel plans!). Still waiting to hear about my Visa, fingers crossed.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:05   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Still waiting to hear about my Visa, fingers crossed.
Hi! Went in for the same package eventually. Application experience was great & processing etc was really quick here in VFS Mumbai.
I was told it'll take about 6 weeks too but though my application was processed on 31st May, I'm still waiting. I did receive an email mentioning it will take about 10 weeks though.
What's really bad is that the passport is stuck with them & you cannot travel at all if you need to.

Last edited by deep_blue : 22nd August 2022 at 21:22.
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 22:12   #507
BHPian

Has anyone traveled to Malaysia recently? They used to offer an online visa, but they have stopped it since the last 2 weeks. There is no update from the consulate and the black market rate for a visa is over Rs. 5000 per person. Passengers with booked tickets are tweeting helplessly, but the Malaysian officials simply stopped allowing people to reply and tag GoI officials. Everyone is advising to contact a travel agent. However, all travel agents are giving a lead time of 10-12 days which is going to prevent many from travelling.

Even a country like Malaysia is now making people visit the Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai consulate in person to get the visa stamped. People have had to pay more for their Delhi fare as compared to their KL ticket. However, there’s no word about the suspension of their evisa for Indians. This is borderline criminal because passengers are being fleeced on one side by the Malaysian bureaucracy and their cohort of travel agents, and on the other side by airlines like Air Asia which are not giving one rupee back despite their passengers facing a travel issue for no fault of their own.

Can anyone help me to understand if there is any possibility of getting a visa before the 23rd of October? Thanks

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 11th October 2022 at 22:14.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 07:47   #508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Has anyone traveled to Malaysia recently? They used to offer an online visa, but they have stopped it since the last 2 weeks. There is no update from the consulate and the black market rate for a visa is over Rs. 5000 per person. Passengers with booked tickets are tweeting helplessly, but the Malaysian officials simply stopped allowing people to reply and tag GoI officials. Everyone is advising to contact a travel agent. However, all travel agents are giving a lead time of 10-12 days which is going to prevent many from travelling.
Looks like they are making a lot of changes to their visa process. Here in Singapore, it was quite an easy thing – go to one of the many approved travel agents and submit the application with them. Effective from Oct. 1st the process is changed and now they have appointed just one travel agent to handle the visa applications. On the positive side, the service with the new agent was really pleasant, just submitted a visa application for my daughter yesterday.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 08:28   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Attached is the questionnaire for US Visa application.
Thanks, are you aware if we can use the Drop Box facility for B1/ B2 category as well in Delhi?

My earlier Visa (B1/ B2) got expired on 30 Apr 19, issued in May 2009, I believe I still have time to use DropBox if they accept for B1/ B2
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 09:58   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks, are you aware if we can use the Drop Box facility for B1/ B2 category as well in Delhi?
Yes you can. I was in exactly the same situation and could use the Drop Box in Bangalore. Rules are the same for all Indian cities and so it should be possible in Delhi too. There is however a long waiting time for this appointment as well, although it is much better than for first time applicants where they will become grandparents before they get a visa
Secretariat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks