Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 18:17   #616
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Hello,

I am travelling to Dubai this month for a short vacation.
I have taken Tourist Visa through Akbar Travels for my wife and daughter.
I have US B1 visa which is issued recently. But I never went to US. As per best of my understanding, we can get Visa On Arrival in Dubai if we have US visa.
Anyone has experience with Visa on Arrival in Dubai?
What all documents do we require for same?
As I have never used my US Visa for visiting USA, will it be a problem?

I am preferring Visa on Arrival because its cost is 120 Dirham which is like 1/3rd of regular tourist visa.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 18:48   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
I have US B1 visa which is issued recently. But I never went to US.
Kindly double check this (probably Emirates call centre would be able to guide you). As for Saudi, the Visa has to be used Atleast once by the issuing country.

Whenever I have been to DXB, it’s always on the used US visa.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice for Visas & Interviews-img_6062.jpeg  

NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 00:08   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Kindly double check this (probably Emirates call centre would be able to guide you). As for Saudi, the Visa has to be used Atleast once by the issuing country.

I sent email to UAE Emabssy in Delhi to confirm the same. They did not explicitly confirmed that prior visit to USA is required. They only mentioned that in order to avail Visa on Arrival, I will need US Visitor Visa and Passport valid for at least 6 months. I took risk & went without any tourist visa. After arriving, I got visa from Marhaba counter. They charged AED 141. But it was quick. I was little worried before going but overall process was smooth.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 22nd October 2023 at 00:22.
VaibhaoT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 16:30   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all,

1. In documents required it mentions that approved leave certificate is required from our employer. But if we have no firm plan and just wish to procure USA visa for future travel, is it possible?

Thanks.
Hi, I attended the US B1/B2 (Tourist) VISA Interview last week and it was approved .

With ref. to your query, I could say YES.

I did not have a laid out plan though I planned to visit during April 2024 ( mentioned in DS160)

Since I work for the Government, it is mandatory for us to take prior permission to apply for Visa ( and we need to take permission before we leave the country too) . So I did take an NOC for attending the interview and had the copy with me.

I was asked whether I would get vacation to go to the US for the requisite period ( 30 days as per my entry in the DS160) . I said yes and stated that I only have to take NOC before proceeding to leave the country ( Service Rule) and Vacation period of 30 days can be availed.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by poised2drive : 6th November 2023 at 16:32.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:24   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post

I have transited through DXB multiple times, but never entered Dubai.
Oflate the US has stopped stamping on passport. So how will Dubai authorities know if the US visa was used or not?
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:36   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Oflate the US has stopped stamping on passport. So how will Dubai authorities know if the US visa was used or not?
The authorities/Even you, will have to just run through the I-94 system to get the US travel history for the Passenger. I-94 travel history includes up to 100 arrivals and departures spanning the last ten years. But as mentioned by @VaibhaoT, it's not a prerequisite requirement to enter DXB.

Click Here

OT- While US immigration officers are no longer required to issue passport stamps, they still have discretion to give you a stamp if you ask for one. So you may as well ask and try your luck

Last edited by NomadSK : 22nd November 2023 at 12:48.
Old 14th December 2023, 10:43   #622
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

I am planning to visit Dubai next month. Entry point is Abu Dhabhi (AUH) and exit through Sharjah (SHJ).

As a tourist, what visa do I need and how do I apply?
Old 12th January 2024, 11:15   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Hi, I attended the US B1/B2 (Tourist) VISA Interview last week and it was approved .

With ref. to your query, I could say YES.

I did not have a laid out plan though I planned to visit during April 2024 ( mentioned in DS160)

Since I work for the Government, it is mandatory for us to take prior permission to apply for Visa ( and we need to take permission before we leave the country too) . So I did take an NOC for attending the interview and had the copy with me.

I was asked whether I would get vacation to go to the US for the requisite period ( 30 days as per my entry in the DS160) . I said yes and stated that I only have to take NOC before proceeding to leave the country ( Service Rule) and Vacation period of 30 days can be availed.

Hope that helps.
I applied for a USA tourist visa in 2022 and my appointment is in Jan 24. I've forgotten whatever I filled in DS 160. Is there anyway to retrieve this document?

Also, they state that no electronic stuff to be carried into the interview place. So what do you do with your mobile phone?

Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:30   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
1.I've forgotten whatever I filled in DS 160. Is there anyway to retrieve this document?

2.Also, they state that no electronic stuff to be carried into the interview place. So what do you do with your mobile phone?

Thanks
1. I am afraid it may not be possible to retrieve the submitted application, though we can retrieve the application ID.

Try to see if you have taken a printout or mailed it your email . The information provided by you holds the key to the interview.

2. No digital device is allowed including watches ( I did not wear a belt too)

My hotel was nearby , so I left everything in that room and carried documents in a transparent folder. I walked to the embassy ( appointment was in Kolkata)

But there were couple of shops that have storage lockers around.

Last edited by poised2drive : 12th January 2024 at 11:31.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:59   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I applied for a USA tourist visa in 2022 and my appointment is in Jan 24. I've forgotten whatever I filled in DS 160. Is there anyway to retrieve this document?
I had applied for my US visa long time back, guess the application was retrievable.

Submitted DS-160 application (submitted after November 1, 2010): Once a DS160 form is submitted, you may not change the answers on the form or cancel the submission. However, you will be able to retrieve the information from a previously submitted DS160 to populate some fields on a new form and submit a new DS160 form.

Quote:
Also, they state that no electronic stuff to be carried into the interview place. So what do you do with your mobile phone?
I didn’t apply in India, but here they have the locker facility where they keep all the electronic stuff before you finally go for the interview and you can retrieve your stuff while going back.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2024, 17:17   #626
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi.

I am planning to visit Dubai next month. Entry point is Abu Dhabhi (AUH) and exit through Sharjah (SHJ).

As a tourist, what visa do I need and how do I apply?
Hi

You need only one visa i.e., UAE tourist visa and that should help you move around UAE. Do note, its tourist purposes only

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
I sent email to UAE Emabssy in Delhi to confirm the same. They did not explicitly confirmed that prior visit to USA is required. They only mentioned that in order to avail Visa on Arrival, I will need US Visitor Visa and Passport valid for at least 6 months. I took risk & went without any tourist visa. After arriving, I got visa from Marhaba counter. They charged AED 141. But it was quick. I was little worried before going but overall process was smooth.
Hi

You can enter UAE (VOA) provided you have a valid (for 6 months) US tourist visa. I have many colleagues who to n fro UAE using this approach

Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th January 2024 at 18:01.
Old 5th February 2024, 12:59   #627
BHPian

Does anyone know how much time it takes to get a Canada business visa from India? Travel duration will be 1-2 weeks. Thanks.
Old 5th February 2024, 13:58   #628
Senior - BHPian

What are the chances for a fourteen year old girl to get a short duration UK Visa when applied independently of her parents?

Although the parents would be bearing all the expenses and the girl will be visiting and staying at her maternal aunt's (mother's sister) house, she will be travelling as an unaccompanied minor.

This is for the next summer vacation - between April & May 2024.

If it matters, this will be her first international trip.
Old 4th March 2024, 21:51   #629
Senior - BHPian

Where does one apply for a business Visa to Spain? VFS doesn't seem to be doing for India to Spain. Online search throws up this https://india.blsspainvisa.com/ and hence wanted to check with the experienced members here.
Old 4th March 2024, 21:59   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What are the chances for a fourteen year old girl to get a short duration UK Visa when applied independently of her parents?

Although the parents would be bearing all the expenses and the girl will be visiting and staying at her maternal aunt's (mother's sister) house, she will be travelling as an unaccompanied minor.

This is for the next summer vacation - between April & May 2024.

If it matters, this will be her first international trip.
This page provides details on everything you need to provide - https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/if-youre-under-18. Provide as much documentary proof as possible, especially financials and details of the UK host. ATB
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks