Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 12:53   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Listing out the agony of Schengen visa application (Austria)
We a family of 4 Myself, mother, wife and daughter suffered the same fate from German embassy around same time. For a moment I thought you are explaining my case. As in your case the reason provided was flimsy and illogical. Every document was provided to prove the financial status and intention to return. All details provided in covering letter and itinerary with valid bookings.
Everyone except mother had travel history and valid US visas.
We think low of Indian bureaucracy and systems only till you deal with these nincompoops. They are stupid beyond belief and don't care even a bit about the inconvenience caused to people who are going to spend money in their countries.
We lost a cool 1.5L on this misadventure. But happy that we saved around 10L which was to be spent for the trip

Humble request to all the people with self respect to desist from visiting these over hyped countries. They don't need you in their country, neither do they care. This is institutional bias or plain stupidity, you will never know. If they have low opinion of Indians why keep the visa channels open. Why collect huge visa fees and reject on flimsy reasons? They are happy with the migrants crossing borders illegally not self respecting individuals who apply through proper channels.
Spend that money in our country or a country which welcome you.

Last edited by poloman : 19th May 2023 at 13:06.
poloman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 16:16   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I would be travelling to Orlando, USA for 3 days in second week of June on business. On return leg I would need to change airport from Gatwick to Heathrow. Would I need a "Visitor in transit Visa" or I can transit without a Visa?

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/i...where_else/yes

"You may be eligible to transit without a visa if:

you arrive and depart by air
have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)

One of the following must also apply:

you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
"

Also, is 3:55 hours a reasonable time for travelling from Gatwick to Heathrow? Gatwick 6:20 AM and Heathrow 10:15 AM? Not sure if baggage collection at Gatwick and baggae checkin at Heathrow would be needed.

Please advise.
Hi Speed 79, You will definitely need a transit visa as your itinerary involves change of airport, which means, that effectively, you will be on British soil during your travel from Gatwick to Heathrow. Also, you will need to retrieve your baggage and then re-check them in at Heathrow for the next leg of your journey. Please plan accordingly.
amartya_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 18:19   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartya_bhp View Post
Hi Speed 79, You will definitely need a transit visa as your itinerary involves change of airport, which means, that effectively, you will be on British soil during your travel from Gatwick to Heathrow. Also, you will need to retrieve your baggage and then re-check them in at Heathrow for the next leg of your journey. Please plan accordingly.
Thanks. I have already got Emirates flight booked. It is of shorter duration though significantly more expensive .It suits my arrival and departure times and knocks a day off my travel. Getting transit visa was non-productive and would have added uncertainty to my travel.
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:02   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
Thanks. I have already got Emirates flight booked. It is of shorter duration though significantly more expensive .It suits my arrival and departure times and knocks a day off my travel. Getting transit visa was non-productive and would have added uncertainty to my travel.
You did the right thing, in my view. The transit visa requirement is not only rather excessive (since it applies even where the travelers are not leaving the secure area) but it is never checked (as there is no passport control during the brief hand baggage security in transit). In recent years I have had anecdotes narrated to me of how Schengen embassies deny transit visas on grounds that "other flights are available and hence there can't be justification for transit" (as told to me by a coursemate).
J2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 16:25   #575
BHPian

I know a lot of people have had issues with schengen visa but I thought I will put in my experience as it was quite smooth

Country of travel : switzerland/austria
Applied visa through switzerland embassy as it was port of entry
Purpose: tourism

Applied through VFS on 05/05/2023 from bangalore.
passport with visa landed on door on 24/05/2023.

Got a 3 months visa.

Hope this helps someone.
etrast75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 21:59   #576
BHPian

Guys, need 1 help, Iam in Mexico, from last 1.3 years.
I have got USA B2 visa recently.
My wife is having a interview next week for USA B2 in india.
Question: Purpose of the trip.
Should she mention tourism or
going for tourism and plan is to visit husband who will come to new york.
Is this correct, which one she should answer.
Also iam the sponsor for her.
Thanks
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:10   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Now the documents need to be dropped at the local VFS a few days ahead of the Chennai appointment date because vfs has to ship your passport to Chennai on time for that appointment date. There is no appointment needed to drop your passport to the local vfs.
I have a document drop off appointment for B1/B2 visa later this week at the US-VFS, Bengaluru. I was informed by our office visa desk that I need to visit during the given time to drop off documents, although appointment letter is showing Chennai VAC.

Is there any restrictions in carrying mobile phone/backpack to US-VFS, Bengaluru while visiting to drop documents?
Old 19th June 2023, 15:23   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have a document drop off appointment for B1/B2 visa later this week at the US-VFS, Bengaluru. I was informed by our office visa desk that I need to visit during the given time to drop off documents, although appointment letter is showing Chennai VAC.

Is there any restrictions in carrying mobile phone/backpack to US-VFS, Bengaluru while visiting to drop documents?
You can carry a mobile phone but no laptop/iPad etc. There are paid lockers available, though, to keep these things.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 21:44   #579
BHPian

Hi team,

Iam in Mexico for job purpose, i have got USA B1/B2 visa.

I need to apply Canada tourist visa, it says 365 days in website (Visitor visa (from outside Canada))
Visitor visa (from inside Canada) 20 days
in website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html
How to apply in 20 days, any tips or suggestion please.

Thanks,
Naveen
Old 24th June 2023, 22:37   #580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
i have got USA B1/B2 visa.

I need to apply Canada tourist visa, it says 365 days in website (Visitor visa (from outside Canada))
Apply when you are in the USA. It's showing around 35 days from the USA. Mexico is more, as expected.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 11:56   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Listing out details on few of the visa / travel permits applied for myself (Japan, Taiwan, Hongkong) and for my brother, mother, uncle & aunt (Egypt, Jordan, Israel).

Travel to above locations were done in June end. All applications were done ~ 3 weeks before that.

Japan

Application done through VFS.

Details can be found here

Visa cost is Rs 500. However VFS charges on top of that Rs 700 as processing fee.

Documents required -
Application form mentioned in the VFS site to be filled along with photo.
Hotel bookings
Flight bookings - I was having the same, however there was mention that confirmed bookings not required. Just the itenary will also work.
Bank statement of 3 months.
Letter of employment from employer.
Photocopy of the passport.
Itenary of trip
Covering letter.
Covid vaccination certificate & travel insurance is NOT required.

Have to book slot at VFS, submit the documents along with passport. Since Bangalore has Japan consulate, visa processing happens relatively quicker. If you are from a city which doesn't have consulate, the shipment time also needs to be factored.

For me, VFS send the documents to consulate on the second day evening after me submitting to them. The same was returned to them with visa from consulate after 4 working days.

All status displayed only on checking in the VFS site using the tracking details.

I had opted for the passport to be couriered to my home once it was done. VFS charges Rs 650 / passport for the same. Which in any case is high, however better than driving through Bangalore traffic and paying parking fees at their location.

They took 2 days to ship this through BlueDart after receiving from consulate and it was delivered the next day after shipping.

For me, I had sufficient time before travel, hence was not an issue. However, if you are hard-pressed on time, best is to opt for VFS office collection.

Do note, its better to fill your details in visit Japan site also once you get visa. This helps in avoiding queue at airport on your arrival at Japan.

Taiwan

Indian passport holders need to apply for visa for travel to Taiwan.

However, you will get visa waiver if you have visa (valid or expired) from a select list of countires.

Please note that those visa can be expired also, only point to note is that the expiration date should be within last 10 years.

Details and application list here

You will receive the travel permit PDF on completion of the application. Past that, with the link shared in the PDF, you need to update the travel details before you travel.

Its a fairly simple process and not complicated as it sounds first.

Hong Kong travel pre arrival registration

There is no pre conditions and anyone with Indian passport can apply for the same.

You will get a PDF immediately, you need to print it in A4 and sign the same and carry along. Please don't forget this step.

Link

On landing you need to fill a small post card size form which has your name/ passport/ hotel details etc. This has a counter foil too, which will be kept by the immigration officer and one copy given to you.

Do note, Hongkong entry is not stamped on your passport, instead they give a small slip with your entry date / name / passport number etc. That acts as your entry details. They didn't ask me for that on exit, just scanned my passport and got the details, however for my wife, she was asked to produce this while exiting Hongkong, so do keep it with you till you land back in India.

Egypt

There is lot of confusion on E-Visa for Egypt for Indians if you search online.

However, the current requirement is this way -

Option 1 - If you are in a self planned travel / not through an Egyptian registered travel agent, you have to apply for regular sticker visa through Egyptian consulate in Delhi. The current timeline for that is around 7 -10 days as per what I found online.

Alternatively, if you stay in and around Delhi, you can visit Egyptian embassy and submit the same directly. Its an easy process from a Youtube Video that I saw of someone who applied. Just that you will have to make a second visit to embassy to collect the visa since its not processed on same day. By 5th day, you visit the embassy again, show the application number and collect the passport with processed visa.

Option 2 - Through Egyptian travel agent -
Good thing, you don't need to plan your entire trip with them. There are many travel agents if you search online who gives the below mentioned service.

So what you need is a letter from your travel agent which mentions that the following - The agency name / details , your name / passport number , arriving in so and so flight has booked the travel agencies services for sight seeing in Cairo/ Luxor etc.

When my relatives traveled, they booked with a travel agent for the following services - Meet & greet at Cairo airport with transfer to hotel, 2 day sight seeing of Cairo ( Pyramid, Nile cruise dinner, Egyptian museum and temples around Cairo ). One day sight seeing of Alexandria. On sight seeing days, there was an English speaking guide. They were a group of 4 and was charged a total of 125 USD / head for all this.

E Visa was taken by us online and the above cost does not involve that.

E Visa link

Please note that the meet & greet at Cairo was bit different with the person waiting for them at the aerobridge itself and taking them through immigration.

On seeing Indian passport, immigration personal didn't even check the Evisa and just stamped the passport and gave.

Jordan visa

Again you will find lot many horror stories online. As per website of Indian embassy at Amman, there are two options for Indians -
1. Visa on Arrival - Won't suggest since this involves delay and confusion since the process at their immigration is bit adhoc as per experiences shared.
2. E - Visa - (This is what my relatives opted for) Link

Apply, get visa, arrive at Jordan. One catch is, E visa and visa on arrival of Indians there is validated by head of immigration since there were lot many cases of Indians who arrived there on tourist visa and opted for work and didnt return.

This is the reason you will find confusion and delay mentioned in lot many online discussions.

One point to note, before applying for E Visa, get the Jordan pass and mention its details in the E Visa. This way, your visa fees gets covered under Jordan pass. No need for paying anything additionally.

Do note, Jordan pass - basically an all inclusive entry tickets is not Jordan visa. However, the Jordan pass payment includes your visa fees too. Hence do purchase for Jordan pass before you apply for visa.

Israel

Need to apply for sticker visa. E visa / Visa on arrival not available.

You need to find the application center close your address. Details listed here.

Do note that based on the center, application form is different. So do note the same when updating.

Link

Documents required -
Filled form, photos.
ITR for 3 years.
Proof of employment / Bank statement for 3 months.
Travel insurance.

Processing time of around a week, no need for in person form submission. It can be done with someone holding authorization letter.

One thing to mind - If you are crossing Jordan - Israel border via King Hussain bridge checkpost - road crossing. Please be ready to endure long queues and confusion. It took them around 3 hours at checkpost of each country. In short, 1 day wasted in this crossing.
mpksuhas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:29   #582
Team-BHP Support

Applied for Schengen visa (Germany) for my wife and daughter during 2nd week of June via VFS Singapore. The application was done on a Tuesday, and by Thursday noon got an SMS notification that the passport is ready for collection. By far, this is the fastest visa processing I have seen (last year the same visa took 5 working days).
Old 18th July 2023, 15:12   #583
BANNED

A friend of mine who is an agriculturist and is not having any ITR returns needs a Schengen tourist visa. His wife is working in an MNC.

Can he apply as a co-applicant based on his wife's income/job?
Old 18th July 2023, 15:47   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
A friend of mine who is an agriculturist and is not having any ITR returns needs a Schengen tourist visa. His wife is working in an MNC.

Can he apply as a co-applicant based on his wife's income/job?
My wife, being a homemaker, has always got the Schengen Visa based on my documents which were submitted at VFS/Embassy.

So I guess, It should work the other way round also, as long as his wife can submit all the requisite documents needed for the visit visa, irrespective of him filing the ITR returns or not.

Last edited by NomadSK : 18th July 2023 at 15:49.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:33   #585
BHPian

Good Morning, I need to travel to Philippines. Anyone applied for a business visa, timelines etc, please share your experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks