Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 15:54   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Folks has anyone recently attempted to get an appointment for US visa? Are the waiting times indicated on this portal (link) accurate?
Yes, that is pretty much accurate. I recollect even the travel agent who was processing my renewal visa this week, stating the same. I fell under Interview Waiver category as it is a renewal and got the appointment within less than 7 days.

The ones needing Interview at the consulate are having long waiting period.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th January 2023 at 15:57.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 19:31   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I fell under Interview Waiver category as it is a renewal and got the appointment within less than 7 days.
Thanks, is there a way to find out the specific rules on who falls under the waiver category and who doesn’t?

Also, I’m assuming that since you were under the waiver category, you used the dropbox facility. Is this correct?
Old 17th January 2023, 20:33   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Thanks, is there a way to find out the specific rules on who falls under the waiver category and who doesn’t?

Also, I’m assuming that since you were under the waiver category, you used the dropbox facility. Is this correct?
Yes, please check in the website and there are some details on which ones, the VISA Interview waiver is applicable. It is for sure for renewals only and certain category which are expired within a prescribed time (for eg: within 48 months). Not for fresh ones.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ant-visas.html

Yes, used the local drop box facility in the city.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th January 2023 at 20:35.
Old 2nd February 2023, 11:39   #544
BHPian

Applied for a B1/B2 tourist US visa for My son, Wife, and Myself, through an agent. Got the dates for April 20/2025 in Chennai. We informed the agent to keep an eye on any early opening at any location. Last month got a slot for Jan 30/2023. Biometric was on the 29th and the interview was on the 30th. The consulate spoke to all three of us for 5 mins and took our passports and said Welcome to the USA. The passports were received through courier yesterday with a 10-year VISA seal.
shivkumar19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:40   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
The passports were received through courier yesterday with a 10-year VISA seal.
Hi Shiv, I am in the process of applying for renewal of my US visa as well as applying for fresh B1/B2 visa for my wife and daughters. Can you please share the agent details who helped you with the visa process? Also if possible please share the charges for the same. Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:07   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurura023 View Post
I am unable to see any dates for tourist visas for Italy.
Can you please let know what is the guideline for biometric interview for Schengen visa now?

Earlier when I travelled, I had to visit the consulate during the first trip.

Nowadays also does one need to visit consulate or this can be done via VFS?

Last edited by mpksuhas : 23rd February 2023 at 11:10.
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:31   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know what is the guideline for biometric interview for Schengen visa now?

From what I have read, biometric is needed when your previous biometric is more than 5 years old. And this is done at a VFS center now, I believe.

Quoting these from reading and researching as I still do not have the actual experience of doing this for a Schengen since Italy visa appointments are really hard to come by. I spoke to a few agents on this as well and they echoed the sentiment. I am trying for a Central Europe plan now.
zurura023 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 23:28   #548
BHPian

Hi members. I applied for a UAE tourist visa recently. Attaching the same where I've masked out a few fields. However if you notice, the sponsor details is left blank.

I guess requirements were relaxed for need of sponsors, but that's only for resident/job seeking visas and not short term single entry visas.

The agency says there's no issue. But I'm a bit skeptical, so it would help if members who've experienced something similar could confirm if it's indeed ok!

Advice for Visas & Interviews-7213a947536648e9a301fb99c2e4ecb7.jpeg

Last edited by abhi7013 : 7th March 2023 at 23:29.
Old 8th March 2023, 02:10   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
UAE tourist visa ... the sponsor details is left blank.
Yes, it is valid visa for single entry/exit for the purpose of tourism.

Indian passport holders, according to Emirates website, even get a visa on arrival.

And if there is any last minute hiccup, whatever airline you are flying will deny you boarding if the visa conditions change last minute.

Go dune bashing , post pictures. Happy journey.
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 14:21   #550
BHPian

Hello guys, urgent help required,

We recently obtained a Dubai Tourist Visa for a trip in April for which the tickets are already booked.
Visa was applied through a agent and he has sent me the Visas.

However, there are a couple of issues in the same.

The Date of Birth in case of my mother is wrongly entered in the Visa which differs from the D.O.B. from the passport.

Only the date is entered wrong, where as the month and the year of birth are correct. In place of 23, the date in the visa is 30.

Now what are my options? I have notified the agent about the same and he has said that he'll check.

Also, the agent has wrongly entered the profession of the three of us. Mentioned Sales Executive which we are not. I am assuming this shouldn't be any problem while I am worried about my mother's incorrect D.O.B. in the visa.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 15th March 2023 at 14:23.
Old 15th March 2023, 18:08   #551
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hello guys, urgent help required,

We recently obtained a Dubai Tourist Visa for a trip in April for which the tickets are already booked.
Visa was applied through a agent and he has sent me the Visas.

However, there are a couple of issues in the same.

The Date of Birth in case of my mother is wrongly entered in the Visa which differs from the D.O.B. from the passport.

Only the date is entered wrong, where as the month and the year of birth are correct. In place of 23, the date in the visa is 30.

Now what are my options?.
Please get the DOB corrected as you may be denied boarding or entry.

They will cancel the given visa as 'without prejudice' and issue a new visa. At least this is how I experienced with Schengen visa. Please push your agent or find Dubai immigration website for Visa process and do it.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 23:53   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Applied for a B1/B2 tourist US visa for My son, Wife, and Myself, through an agent. Got the dates for April 20/2025 in Chennai. We informed the agent to keep an eye on any early opening at any location. Last month got a slot for Jan 30/2023. Biometric was on the 29th and the interview was on the 30th. The consulate spoke to all three of us for 5 mins and took our passports and said Welcome to the USA. The passports were received through courier yesterday with a 10-year VISA seal.
Hi @shivkumar19, I am looking for a vetted agent to get me a slot. If you are satisfied with the service, can you please pm me the contact details? Thanks.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th March 2023 at 00:05. Reason: quote tags
Old 24th March 2023, 13:39   #553
BHPian

Guys, need your urgent suggestion.

I am trying to apply for a UK business visa for next month. Need to go for a priority visa.

I am stumbling at the first step. The UK visa page is not accepting both my ICICI debit and credit cards. The payment is getting declined.

I am not sure about the debit card, but the credit card is international enabled.

What is the solution please?
Old 24th March 2023, 14:32   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I am not sure about the debit card, but the credit card is international enabled. What is the solution please?
Call your bank credit card hotline. Recently ICICI has been blocking credit card transactions on account of fraud.

Let them know that you are using the card to pay for the visa fees - tell them the transaction will show up with merchant as VFS.

There have been several cases of visa application fraud and some of the banks are rejecting the card usage.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 15:32   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

I think this reply is late, but might be useful to others. I had got two Schengen visas in 2022. First one was Schengen Business for Spain, I got a single entry business visa in 2 weeks time. Biometric was done at a VFS like agency named BLS Service, and one week later the passport arrived with Visa sticker.
2nd was within 2 weeks of my coming back, I applied for another business Schengen Visa through Italy. It had to submitted at VFS, appointment taken online. Biometric was done at the VFS centre only, no visit to the embassy was needed. Some email was done to the Consul General by my employer for a long term visa, and within 5 days multiple entry 1 year validity visa was received on my passport.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks